9 Days Out Mock Draft

Bobby816

I'll be posting 2 Mocks on here just over a week out. The 1st one will be what I think will happen. The 2nd one is what I want to happen that still "could" happen.

Think Will Happen Mock

1. Mekhi Becton (OT/Louisville): won't be mad at this pick, but out of the top 4 OTs... he's my least favroite and I think all 3 WRs and another one of the big 4 OTs will still be here. I think he has the lowest floor of any of the OTs that's why I have him ranked 4th on my OT list. Needs A LOT of coaching bc there's very little technique to his game and he cant just win on strength and athleticism at the NFL level.

2. KJ Hamler (WR/Penn State): neglecting WR at 11 almost makes us HAVE TO take a WR now at 48. Hamler is the best of whats left after at least 8 WRs go before him. Why this pick scares me is his size. Can he take the hits. He's not built big but short like other (Steve Smith for example). Can he take hits from NFL level guys week in and week out. While he produces generally look how Cokks is dealing with concussions already bc he's small and he has some weight on Hamler. I hope he can stay healthy. He's a great YAC guy, which Gase and the system loves.

3. (from NYG) Julian Okwara (Edge/Notre Dame): I like his skill set. Speed edge guy with good bend. Coming off injury and a down year is the only reason his here at this pick. Has potential 1st round talent (please don't be Polite 2.0). Not the toughest guy so he's be our "sack" guy, while Jenkins is more setting the edge )but hopefully still getting to the QB).

3. Van Jefferson (WR/Florida): Elite route runner but limited after that. Has a high floor for WRs at this point in the draft. Already 24, so he needs to hit the ground running to be a good pick. Our WR coaches son, spo there's ties to us already. I think him being a safe pick has him have to take us earlier than we want. But with the pre draft scouting not as big as most years with the virus... we know a good amount about him so we hop on it.

4. Anthony McFarland (RB/Maryland): Great acceleration from this guy. Runs hard. Think of Chris Ivory with more speed. Hits the hole fast and doesn't dance around. Very north and south guy which our run game likes. Also can catch the ball.

5. Devin Duvernay (WR/Texas): another great YAC guy. Think a less talented Hamler but bigger. I think the theme will be YAC guys and good route runners.

6. James Morgan (QB/FIU): We've scouted him a ton and has a good skill set just needs a lot of work in the mental part of the game. A project QB.

6. (comp) AJ Green (CB/Oklahoma State): big physical CB which we need for depth.

Mock Draft I WANT TO HAPPEN

1. CeeDee Lamb (WR/Oklahoma): I think he's the best WR in the draft and in quite some time. Incredible after the catch. Plays big and wins contested catches. Has a rare ability to maneuver his body to make tough catches. Him and Darnold can be great together.

2. Lucas Niang (OT/TCU): Big, Strong and plenty athletic. Pretty polished as an OT and can get better with NFL coaching. Battles with Fant and Edoga for a starting OT spot.

3. (from NYG) Curtis Weaver (Edge/Boise State): Very quick with great athleticism and hand use. Hopefully he can become a main "get to the QB" guy for us. Other positions flying off the board have him fall.

3. Cam Akers (RB/Florida State): He's my favorite RB in the class. Can do everything great IMO. Can mix in with Bell and take over as a starter after his rookie season. Tough, quick, can block and has hands. Pretty much plays exactly like Dalvin Cook who he took over for.

4. Quartney Davis (WR/Texas A&M): Great route runner. Plays tough as well. I think he can mix in for us in the slot and also play on the outside. A WR group of Lamb, Crowder, Perriman and Davis is now not bad.

5. Lamar Jackson (CB/Nebraska): Tough, Big and Physical CB. Which we need one of for depth. Great for a Williams defense. Can man up a teams big bodied WR on the outside.

6. James Morgan (QB/FIU): I think we still bring in a vet (probably someone like Siemian) but Morgan can sit and learn. He has physical talent to go A LOT higher than this. His ability to read a defense and do the mental side of the game needs work. For a developmental guy. I like him.

6. Jauan Jennings (WR/Tennessee): Off the field issues and speed have him fall this far. But I love his play. Reminds me a bit of Alshon Jeffrey where they aren't fast... but play tough and get the job done. This completes our WR revamp.

Other than the QB I actually love all these picks.

If this is the ‘Not as good mock’ then I’m looking forward to seeing the next one.

Three receivers is a must in this class. Ironically I think Duvernay (who you selected last) will end up the best of the three. 

Cant see us not drafting Van Jefferson as surely his Dad will be putting his opinion in big time. If he was 2 years younger I’d be a lot happier with that pick. 

• Like 1

Couldn’t complain about this mock if it happens. 

I agree with you on Becton. He’s my # 4 OT as well. Might have the highest ceiling but the others are better technicians. He’ll have growing pains as a rookie and could get Darnold blasted a few times in the process. 

All in all, I think this is the best we can expect if we go OT in the first. Look forward to your next one. 

• Like 1

Really love the second mock also. I’m completely split on the receivers and really love all three for different reasons. 

Niang is my favourite 2nd round OT 

Love Weaver and Akers. 

I should of clarified earlier;  I don’t dislike the QB pick I just haven’t looked at any of this years prospects in any great detail so can’t give my opinion on specific players. 

• Like 1

There are so many OT that fit our team that’ll go between the 2nd and 3rd round. Niang is one of a handful I’d be pumped about. There are 10 guys behind the top 4 OT that would be solid additions to our team. A couple may go in the 1st. But most will go in the 2nd and early half of the 3rd.

I would like to address the interior OLine as well. McGovern is really the only sure thing. Lewis and Van Rotten have injury history and little starting experience. There’s not much behind them either.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I'll be posting 2 Mocks on here just over a week out. The 1st one will be what I think will happen. The 2nd one is what I want to happen that still "could" happen.

I like what you WANT to happen a lot better!  Niang medicals as to the hip ok?   makes me nervous  

On 4/14/2020 at 8:01 AM, Bobby816 said:

Think Will Happen Mock

1. Mekhi Becton (OT/Louisville): won't be mad at this pick, but out of the top 4 OTs... he's my least favroite and I think all 3 WRs and another one of the big 4 OTs will still be here. I think he has the lowest floor of any of the OTs that's why I have him ranked 4th on my OT list. Needs A LOT of coaching bc there's very little technique to his game and he cant just win on strength and athleticism at the NFL level.

2. KJ Hamler (WR/Penn State): neglecting WR at 11 almost makes us HAVE TO take a WR now at 48. Hamler is the best of whats left after at least 8 WRs go before him. Why this pick scares me is his size. Can he take the hits. He's not built big but short like other (Steve Smith for example). Can he take hits from NFL level guys week in and week out. While he produces generally look how Cokks is dealing with concussions already bc he's small and he has some weight on Hamler. I hope he can stay healthy. He's a great YAC guy, which Gase and the system loves.

3. (from NYG) Julian Okwara (Edge/Notre Dame): I like his skill set. Speed edge guy with good bend. Coming off injury and a down year is the only reason his here at this pick. Has potential 1st round talent (please don't be Polite 2.0). Not the toughest guy so he's be our "sack" guy, while Jenkins is more setting the edge )but hopefully still getting to the QB).

3. Van Jefferson (WR/Florida): Elite route runner but limited after that. Has a high floor for WRs at this point in the draft. Already 24, so he needs to hit the ground running to be a good pick. Our WR coaches son, spo there's ties to us already. I think him being a safe pick has him have to take us earlier than we want. But with the pre draft scouting not as big as most years with the virus... we know a good amount about him so we hop on it.

4. Anthony McFarland (RB/Maryland): Great acceleration from this guy. Runs hard. Think of Chris Ivory with more speed. Hits the hole fast and doesn't dance around. Very north and south guy which our run game likes. Also can catch the ball.

5. Devin Duvernay (WR/Texas): another great YAC guy. Think a less talented Hamler but bigger. I think the theme will be YAC guys and good route runners.

6. James Morgan (QB/FIU): We've scouted him a ton and has a good skill set just needs a lot of work in the mental part of the game. A project QB.

6. (comp) AJ Green (CB/Oklahoma State): big physical CB which we need for depth.

Mock Draft I WANT TO HAPPEN

1. CeeDee Lamb (WR/Oklahoma): I think he's the best WR in the draft and in quite some time. Incredible after the catch. Plays big and wins contested catches. Has a rare ability to maneuver his body to make tough catches. Him and Darnold can be great together.

2. Lucas Niang (OT/TCU): Big, Strong and plenty athletic. Pretty polished as an OT and can get better with NFL coaching. Battles with Fant and Edoga for a starting OT spot.

3. (from NYG) Curtis Weaver (Edge/Boise State): Very quick with great athleticism and hand use. Hopefully he can become a main "get to the QB" guy for us. Other positions flying off the board have him fall.

3. Cam Akers (RB/Florida State): He's my favorite RB in the class. Can do everything great IMO. Can mix in with Bell and take over as a starter after his rookie season. Tough, quick, can block and has hands. Pretty much plays exactly like Dalvin Cook who he took over for.

4. Quartney Davis (WR/Texas A&M): Great route runner. Plays tough as well. I think he can mix in for us in the slot and also play on the outside. A WR group of Lamb, Crowder, Perriman and Davis is now not bad.

5. Lamar Jackson (CB/Nebraska): Tough, Big and Physical CB. Which we need one of for depth. Great for a Williams defense. Can man up a teams big bodied WR on the outside.

6. James Morgan (QB/FIU): I think we still bring in a vet (probably someone like Siemian) but Morgan can sit and learn. He has physical talent to go A LOT higher than this. His ability to read a defense and do the mental side of the game needs work. For a developmental guy. I like him.

6. Jauan Jennings (WR/Tennessee): Off the field issues and speed have him fall this far. But I love his play. Reminds me a bit of Alshon Jeffrey where they aren't fast... but play tough and get the job done. This completes our WR revamp.

Just watched a bit of Ceedee Lamb, I feel like a lot of his TD's are because of some truly horrific tackling, not that I don't think he's good, but has anyone else noticed that?

2 minutes ago, JM81 said:

Just watched a bit of Ceedee Lamb, I feel like a lot of his TD's are because of some truly horrific tackling, not that I don't think he's good, but has anyone else noticed that?

I think he plays tough. A lot of those plays a WR would run out of bounds or take a weak hit and go down. Where rarely is one guy in the secondary going to take down Lamb.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think he plays tough. A lot of those plays a WR would run out of bounds or take a weak hit and go down. Where rarely is one guy in the secondary going to take down Lamb.

Fair enough, I for sure like him, just a weird observation