1st Round with Trades - 4/14

NinerNation21

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

If there are that many WR you think fit the bill, then it seems like the Eagles could be primed for a trade down to the bottom of rd 1, still have a choice of 2 or 3 of those guys and pick up an extra 3rd.

I hope they share my sentiment. I'd love a trade down.

12 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

If we do take him, I hope he can show that as well. Although everything I hear and read says that his strengths are best utilized inside. And I'm in love with Jalen Reagor lol. He's my guy for 21 assuming Jeudy, Lamb, and Ruggs are all gone. I've been all about Reagor for 2 years now. Other WR I'd like at 21 are Aiyuk and Mims. If you twist my arm hard enough, maybe Higgins. It's a hard out after those guys though.

Jeff can play outside. He helped make Burrow look good outside as much as inside.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Jeff can play outside. He helped make Burrow look good outside as much as inside.

Didn't he struggle with press coverage? And I wonder why he played exclusively in the slot this past season if he was good outside. Why move a good outside receiver inside? Him being only 19 years old that year he played outside gives him some forgiveness in my eyes.

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

Didn't he struggle with press coverage? And I wonder why he played exclusively in the slot this past season if he was good outside. Why move a good outside receiver inside? Him being only 19 years old that year he played outside gives him some forgiveness in my eyes.

He blocks dam good, thats why. Helped out the run game. And a lot of his highlights are on the outside. Solid all around and probably the second safest wide receiver pick behind Ruggs III.

Just honestly asking, not sarcasm for a change.... Do you honestly believe MIA would have to trade up for Herbert? I truly don't think we do. If he is the target, we can stay at #5 and pick him right there. LAC is not going to leap frog MIA for Herbert. If anything LAC jumps up for Tua. Just my opinion, regardless of reports and many opinions.

31 minutes ago, Shashiaj70 said:

Just honestly asking, not sarcasm for a change.... Do you honestly believe MIA would have to trade up for Herbert? I truly don't think we do. If he is the target, we can stay at #5 and pick him right there. LAC is not going to leap frog MIA for Herbert. If anything LAC jumps up for Tua. Just my opinion, regardless of reports and many opinions.

I honestly go back and forth on the Dolphins or the Chargers trading up. I think the Lions really want to move down and someone could move up to secure their QB, but then I also think that Chargers may actually not be interested in a QB and the Dolphins just stand pat. 

2 hours ago, Shashiaj70 said:

With Tua's injury concerns and rumors of him failing a couple of physicals before the lockdown Tua will likely fall. The issue with Herbert is the passion for the game and whether he is all in as some people have questioned his commitment. With the way this league is set on Qbs teams are going to move up to get the best chance possible and if teams feel that Herbert is above Tua in the draft then they would likely have go up and get him. If miami feels that other teams are interested they may not want to risk sitting there at 5 in hopes no one leaps them. They are set on picks and would be best to land their franchise qb they are happy with by overpaying for him. Like the Jets did with Darnold a couple years ago

With that said I do not get how the dolphins still manage to keep their other 2 picks in the 1st rd by moving up to 3 on draft night. If the move was done now maybe I could see them not having to give up a 1st but draft night they will have to give up at least pick 26 to get the deal done. Dont see why the lions would settle for anything less.

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I honestly go back and forth on the Dolphins or the Chargers trading up. I think the Lions really want to move down and someone could move up to secure their QB, but then I also think that Chargers may actually not be interested in a QB and the Dolphins just stand pat. 

No way the chargers go in to the season with Tyrod as starter they have to have some form of competition whether it be bringing in cam or winston, or getting a qb at 6 if they do not move up. Tyrod isnt going to get you to a playoff spot especially when you have the superbowl champs in KC and then teams pushing to make a splash like Denver and Vegas. Chargers have to secure their future qb if they want to compete in that division. Tyrod will get you 7-14 points a game with a few 17-21 pts but you have to have a top notch defense to keep them close, you cant expect him to go out there and bring you back from a 14 pt deficit going in to the 4th qtr. He is a clock manager at best and even then he struggles with that level of play he just cant make those throws that a franchise qb can do he will do a lot of dink passes to ekeler or Henry with hopes of connecting with Allen or williams down field but his inability to scan the field and make the play is low as he tends to tuck the ball and run before the play can develop. Tyrod is a great guy dont get me wrong, but I just dont think he is a franchise qb and it would be silly to not go up and get one if your that close to the top of the draft.

Edited by soflbillsfan

3 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

With Tua's injury concerns and rumors of him failing a couple of physicals before the lockdown Tua will likely fall. The issue with Herbert is the passion for the game and whether he is all in as some people have questioned his commitment. With the way this league is set on Qbs teams are going to move up to get the best chance possible and if teams feel that Herbert is above Tua in the draft then they would likely have go up and get him. If miami feels that other teams are interested they may not want to risk sitting there at 5 in hopes no one leaps them. They are set on picks and would be best to land their franchise qb they are happy with by overpaying for him. Like the Jets did with Darnold a couple years ago

With that said I do not get how the dolphins still manage to keep their other 2 picks in the 1st rd by moving up to 3 on draft night. If the move was done now maybe I could see them not having to give up a 1st but draft night they will have to give up at least pick 26 to get the deal done. Dont see why the lions would settle for anything less.

I don't think they move up at all. Everyone knows Detroit wants to move down, no king's ransom going to be given there.
And honestly, I personally wouldn't give up 1st round assets for that silly game. One or both of those QBs are falling to me at 5. The Washington tease about a QB made me laugh.
Miami stays put..... LAC is welcome to jump up,  if they want to give up assets they can't afford to give up in the draft at all.
I think MIA is content with either QB at this point. If that truly is what they are going to do, but for me....I am not a fan of either, at this point. 

56 minutes ago, Shashiaj70 said:

I don't think they move up at all. Everyone knows Detroit wants to move down, no king's ransom going to be given there.
And honestly, I personally wouldn't give up 1st round assets for that silly game. One or both of those QBs are falling to me at 5. The Washington tease about a QB made me laugh.
Miami stays put..... LAC is welcome to jump up,  if they want to give up assets they can't afford to give up in the draft at all.
I think MIA is content with either QB at this point. If that truly is what they are going to do, but for me....I am not a fan of either, at this point. 

For a franchise qb you give up future assets if you believe he is the guy for you. Teams like Jacksonville, Carolina, Las Vegas, all can be on the phone finding out what it would take to get to #3.

I think Skins are doing their due diligence and making sure they are not passing up on the next franchise qb but at the end of the day they still settle with Chase as their best option as he is the best player in this draft and would be a solid anchor for that Rivera defense. Trading back wouldnt make sense for them as it would for detroit if qb isnt their answer as the CB from OSU can be had at pick 5 or 6.Lets not forget Detroit also has an injured Qb on the decline at 33 years old and they have an out after the 2020 season so they can easily look at a qb at 3 if they feel that the guy can be their future qb. 

Giants can be another team to trade back and collect picks as they can end up with one of the top 4 OTs in the draft or Simmons if the right price comes along. So LAC can move up to 3 and get Herbert, Jags have 2 first rd picks and could easily make that offer to Giants to fall back to 9 and the Jags take Tua leaving the Dolphins with Love as the only 1st/2nd rd option left. Raiders also have 2 1st round picks and you know that gruden isnt afraid to wheel and deal.

32 . Kansas City Chiefs - Jaylon Johnson CB, Utah

I would have taken Ross Blacklock, since he was still on the board. There are serious contract issues with Chris Jones and Blacklock rates in the low 20s. 

Trading back is also likely. Indianapolis at #34 is reputed to want a QB, plus 1st round picks have contract advantages. 

J

Edited by onejayhawk

6 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

32 . Kansas City Chiefs - Jaylon Johnson CB, Utah

I would have taken Ross Blacklock, since he was still on the board. There are serious contract issues with Chris Jones and Blacklock rates in the low 20s. 

Trading back is also likely. Indianapolis at #34 is reputed to want a QB, plus 1st round picks have contract advantages. 

J

I save the Colts for my automatic trade out from #31 for the 49ers B|