Draft Busts

HeydudemanG

Okay guys, every year we have a large amount of prospects in the first few days that just don't pan out in their NFL careers. Lets try some two round mocks, or just list of the first 2 day prospects that you guys think have the highest chance of busting in the NFL. Obviously any player can succeed or bust based on the situation but who you guys think are most likely to bust.

QB Joe Burrow (LSU)

DE Chase Young (Ohio St.)

WR Jerry Jeudy (Alabama)

WR CeeDee Lamb (Oklahoma)

WR Henry Ruggs III (Alabama)

QB Justin Herbert (Oregon)

QB Tua Tagovailoa (Alabama)

QB Jordan Love (Utah St.)

CB A.J. Terrell (Clemson)

As you can see I don't think much of this draft class at the top of the 1st round.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VanS said:

QB Joe Burrow (LSU)

WR Jerry Jeudy (Alabama)

As you can see I don't think much of this draft class at the top of the 1st round.

You're either going to be a genius or a goat. xD

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

You're either going to be a genius or a goat. xD

If you look back at the history of the draft you will see that drafts filled with busts at the top are not too uncommon.  In recent years, the drafts in 2009, 2013, and 2015 come to mind.  In those years if you came out and said almost everyone at the top was gonna be a bust you would be a genius.  I believe this draft (at least at the top) is more in line with those drafts than lets say 2011 and 2014 which were spectacular.  With that said, I do like the depth in the 2020 draft after the 1st round.  There will be quality starters in the middle rounds and possibly some superstars.  But at the very top I have a feeling this will be remembered as a very forgettable draft class like the ones in 2009, 2013, and 2015.

1 hour ago, badgers0821 said:

JK Dobbins - OSU

Kenneth Murray - Oklahoma

Yatur Gross-Matos - Penn St

JK Dobbins looks like one of the safest prospects in the draft to me.  I have him as the #1 RB in this class.  I see very little bust factor in his game outside of injuries which are hard to predict.  I also like Kenneth Murray and Yetur Gross-Matos.  Murray is the best linebacker after Isaiah Simmons to me.  And I have Gross-Matos as the top DE prospect projected to go in the first round. 

2 minutes ago, VanS said:

JK Dobbins looks like one of the safest prospects in the draft to me.  I have him as the #1 RB in this class.  I see very little bust factor in his game outside of injuries which are hard to predict.  I also like Kenneth Murray and Yetur Gross-Matos.  Murray is the best linebacker after Isaiah Simmons to me.  And I have Gross-Matos as the top DE prospect projected to go in the first round. 

Good to know

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

and i thought i was a good troll.  lol

I don't troll.  I simply state my opinions honestly.  Just because my views are counter to the consensus doesn't mean I'm trying to say things for attention.  For example, last year I didn't really say a lot on the 2019 draft class because I didn't feel too strongly about it one way or the other.  I was not high on the class but I wasn't as low on it as I am with this year's draft class.  Go back 2 years and I was extremely high on the 2018 draft class.  I touted many of the players who ended up going high in that draft as all-time great talents.   So if you just look back at the last 3 years I have been high on one class, indifferent on another, and low on the other.

7 minutes ago, VanS said:

Why are you so high on YGM?

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Why are you so high on YGM?

I'm not that high on him.  I simply think that of the pass rushers I see getting mocked in the 1st round he's the one who looks to have the most ability.  I like his size, athleticism, and bend.  When I watched his tape, he reminded me a lot of former Carolina Panthers DE Greg Hardy. 

4 hours ago, VanS said:

QB Joe Burrow (LSU)

WR Jerry Jeudy (Alabama)

Yikes...