Draft Busts

HeydudemanG

On 4/14/2020 at 9:55 PM, VanS said:

If I'm looking for another DeAndre Hopkins I'll just take him in the 2nd round like the original DeAndre Hopkins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeAndre_Hopkins

The Houston Texans selected Hopkins in the first round (27th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft.

The only sentence anyone ever needs to read from you to understand what they are dealing with.

• Like 13

8 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeAndre_Hopkins

The only sentence anyone ever needs to read from you to understand what they are dealing with.

Oh wow so I forgot where he was exactly drafted 7 years ago.  I'm confused as to how that's some big gotcha?  Going 27th in the draft isn't that different from going 34th?

But excuse me for not being precise.  I guess you wanted me to say if I wanted another DeAndre Hopkins I'll take him in the bottom of the 1st round like the real one.

Big difference?

On 4/20/2020 at 2:51 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

He hasn't had a 50 catch season in the NFL yet. Meanwhile, guys like JuJu Smith-Schuster, Cooper Kupp, Chris Godwin, and Kenny Golladay (all selected after the 60th overall pick) have each put up 2 50+ catch seasons. 

Yet Mike lead the league in YPC last year and year before had 10 tds. So he has been far nore efficient than the guys you named. Since when is insane efficency frowned down upon?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Higgins will be an absolute stud as well. I dont expect him to have a rookie year like Williams did. He is a better route runner than Mike. He doesnt have the high ball ability Mike does, but does have great hands.

Hmmmm I don’t know about this

• Like 1

Murray will fit perfectly on the Chargers as a SAM in their 4-3 behind Bosa and Ingram. His size, athleticism and range will be used towards his strenghts, which he has alot of. Yes his decision making against pulling offenses mainly were concerning and had him out of position on times. But that also comes in college with being in a scheme that puts too much onus on the LB to read and diagnose. As a box downhill defender, he is very instinctive and does great at sheeding linemen and finding the ball. He can also have versatility in the passing game due to size and athleticism/speed. I know it's ESPN, so for what it's worth Murray has the highest projection rate of being a probowler of any player in this draft. I dont see anyway he will be a bust.

Herbert has bust potential. But hard for me to see only because of the talent CHARGERS have and his skill set big arm and mobility/athleticism is exactly what the Chargers offense really needs now... with the uncertianity of what the oline will be. I personally believe Campen is going to do wonders for Chargers oline. But still dont really have anyone worthy of starting opposite Bulaga. Herbert to me is boom or bust, i dont see middling as a career top 10 to 15. He is going to be either elite top echelon or a career backup (jmo)

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Hmmmm I don’t know about this

Thats not a knock on Higgins. I cant think of anyone in the league better right now at high pointing passes better than Mike. Its classic drops the easy pass sometimes, but makes the impossible traffic catches that shouldnt be made. Maybe Evans?

On 4/16/2020 at 1:45 AM, VanS said:

Don't get me wrong.  Michael Thomas has value and I like him a lot.  I just don't think he's in class with the likes of Julio Jones, Odell Beckham Jr., Antonio Brown, and Tyreek Hill.  I put Michael Thomas in the second tier of WRs alongside Adam Theilen, DeAndre Hopkins, and Davante Adams.  To me there is a separation between guys who are mostly possesion receivers versus guys who stretch the field vertically.  I will always value the elite explosive receiver over the elite possesion receiver.

hop and thomas on top. get brown out and odell at this point. Hill is still one dimensional

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

hop and thomas on top. get brown out and odell at this point. Hill is still one dimensional

You can be prisoner of the moment based on current events.  I look at the bigger picture.  I rate players based on talent and skill not how much production they put up the previous season.

Odell and AB might not have been as productive Hopkins and Thomas lately but they are better football players.  WR is a dependant position.  So for a guy like Odell, playing with sub-par QB play his entire career has supressed his production.  Put him in New Orleans with a genius like Sean Payton or in Houston with a great QB like Deshaun Watson and I guarantee you that he dwarfs Thomas and Hopkins when it comes to production.  

With regard to Tyreek Hill, his team just won the Super Bowl in particular thanks to him making the biggest play of the game on that critical 3rd and long.  Sure he's one dimensional.  But that one dimension is incredibly.  Give me his ability to stretch the field and make defenders miss over anything Hopkins and Thomas can do.  His strengths are simply more valuable.  

• Like 1