Draft Busts

HeydudemanG

1st      Thank you Goldfish I borrowed your mock draft.

1. Cincinnati  - Joe Burrow [ QB ] LSU
2. Washington  - Chase Young [ EDGE ] Ohio State
3. Detroit  - Jeffrey Okudah [ CB ] Ohio State
4. NY Giants  - Isaiah Simmons [ LB ] Clemson
5. Miami  - Justin Herbert [ QB ] Oregon
6. LA Chargers  - Tua Tagovailoa [ QB ] Alabama-------------------------------------------------- injuries riddle career
7. Carolina  - Javon Kinlaw [ IDL ] South Carolina
8. Arizona  - Derrick Brown [ IDL ] Auburn
9. Jacksonville  - Mekhi Becton [ OT ] Louisville -------------------------------------- Bounces around like the Auburn kid Greg Robinson
10. Cleveland  - Tristan Wirfs [ OT ] Iowa
11. NY Jets  - Jedrick Wills [ OT ] Alabama
12. Las Vegas  - CeeDee Lamb [ WR ] Oklahoma
13. San Francisco (From Indianapolis) - Jerry Jeudy [ WR ] Alabama
14. Tampa Bay  - Andrew Thomas [ OT ] Georgia
15. Denver  - Henry Ruggs III [ WR ] Alabama
16. Atlanta  - C.J. Henderson [ CB ] Florida
17. Dallas  - K'Lavon Chaisson [ EDGE ] LSU
18. Miami (From Pittsburgh) - Josh Jones [ OT ] Houston
19. Las Vegas (From Chicago) - A.J. Terrell [ CB ] Clemson
20. Jacksonville (From LA Rams) - Justin Jefferson [ WR ] LSU
21. Philadelphia  - Denzel Mims [ WR ] Baylor ----- --------------------------------------------------------Never heard of him til the combine numbers
22. Minnesota (From Buffalo) - Kristian Fulton [ CB ] LSU
23. New England  - Zack Baun [ LB ] Wisconsin-------------------------------------------   To small, Shane Ray
24. New Orleans  - Jordan Love [ QB ] Utah State ------ ----------------------------------------------------Joke he's in the 1st rd.
25. Minnesota  - Ross Blacklock [ IDL ] TCU
26. Miami (From Houston) - Yetur Gross-Matos [ EDGE ] Penn State
27. Seattle  - Isaiah Wilson [ OT ] Georgia
28. Baltimore  - Cesar Ruiz [ IOL ] Michigan
29. Tennessee  - A.J. Epenesa [ EDGE ] Iowa ---------------------------------------------------- Not a bust, but no way 1st RD, Rotation guy that's it.
30. Green Bay  - Patrick Queen [ LB ] LSU
31. San Francisco  - Jaylon Johnson [ CB ] Utah
32. Kansas City  - Jeff Gladney [ CB ] TCU

Round 2

33. Cincinnati  - Kenneth Murray [ LB ] Oklahoma  -------------------------------------------- Has all the measurable has no clue on the field.

44. Indianapolis  - Jacob Eason [ QB ] Washington ------------------------------------------- Big arm, no game. Pick machine

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I don't think it takes a good coach to use Simmons. Either put him at S or put him at LB. Done.

Yeah to me he's a pretty clear modern box SS with exceptional range/cover skills for the slot receivers/TEs like Kelce that can burn you deep but also has high blitz potential (or a LB depending on personnel). His versatility comes into play in that he doesn't need to be subbed out if you switch from base to nickle to dime or whatever coverage.

The way to misuse him is to make him a strict linebacker who leads the league in tackles because no one ahead of him can stop the run or a FS/CB deep player in which he's just a good but probably not elite player. That or try to make him everything at once, as mentioned.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Lol. Calvin and Julio weren't limited to just being a vertical threat. Try addressing the points I make, not points you made up. And don't go spewing bullcrap about the NFL "valuing" your approach. You're disagreeing with the NFL on whether the top 3 WRs are worthy of a first round pick. I'm not out on the ledge. You are. You shot your argument in the foot again.

First of all, there isn't the classic #1 WR in this year's draft.  If Julio or AJ Green were in this class, they would go ahead of every WR in this draft.  When there is a weak draft teams reach.  Its how the likes of Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, and Christian Ponder all ended up going in the 1st round.  If the classic highly touted 6'3" 4.4 WR was available this year he would go ahead of the likes of Lamb, Jeudy, and Ruggs.

2 hours ago, Gmen said:

He was when he came into the league.  He's lost a step due to all the leg injuries.  It was noticeable in his last year as a Giants.

He looked pretty fast last year on MNF against the Jets when he took a short 5 yard pass about 80 yards for a TD.

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Julio is allergic to paydirt. Once he scored three TDs in a game, and they have to give him an Epi-pen on the sidelines to revive him. 

HOF WRs aren't common. Michael Thomas is well on his way to being a HOF WR.

Teams defend Julio differently than any other WR.  There's a reason his peers continue to vote him as the best or second best WR in the league.  Getting into the HOF as a WR is hard.  Maybe wait a few years before declaring Michael Thomas as a Hall of Famer.  We live in the era of inflated receiving stats.  Don't be surprised if his numbers get passed up as teams continue to throw more.

57 minutes ago, VanS said:

First of all, there isn't the classic #1 WR in this year's draft.  If Julio or AJ Green were in this class, they would go ahead of every WR in this draft.  When there is a weak draft teams reach.  Its how the likes of Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, and Christian Ponder all ended up going in the 1st round.  If the classic highly touted 6'3" 4.4 WR was available this year he would go ahead of the likes of Lamb, Jeudy, and Ruggs.

I'm not going to argue with you over whether there's a "classic #1 WR" in the class because I expect that term has some random definition that only you know. What I will argue is that there are multiple guys in this class who are capable of being #1 WRs. No, there's not a Julio, A.J. Green, or Calvin Johnson, but those sort of guys are rare. Of course, Denzel Mims is 6'3", runs a 4.3 40, and is relatively highly touted. But no, he's not the prospect those three were. Regardless, I don't expect anybody, including the NFL, agrees with your take that only prospects of that caliber are worthy first round picks. And no, the top WRs aren't going highly because this is a weak WR draft. It's quite the opposite.

Edited by jrry32

2 minutes ago, VanS said:

Teams defend Julio differently than any other WR.  There's a reason his peers continue to vote him as the best or second best WR in the league.  Getting into the HOF as a WR is hard.  Maybe wait a few years before declaring Michael Thomas as a Hall of Famer.  We live in the era of inflated receiving stats.  Don't be surprised if his numbers get passed up as teams continue to throw more.

Go on.

13 minutes ago, VanS said:

Like 5’11 Antonio Callaway?

• Like 3

On 4/15/2020 at 2:25 AM, VanS said:

That's fine with me.  I was also the only person I know advocating for Lamar Jackson to be the 1st overall pick in the 2018 draft because of how impactful his athleticism would be in the NFL early on.  I'm more than fine with being on an island by myself on this one.

Yeah but Chris Simms says Chase Young is special, so...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jrry32 said:

And no, the top WRs aren't going highly because this is a weak WR draft. It's quite the opposite.

This class has lots of depth but no true #1 WRs.  Its why the most highly touted guys have obvious physical flaws.   

13 hours ago, Counselor said:

Like 5’11 Antonio Callaway?

13 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Well his eyes changed at the combine.   Big drop after that

No.  I always said he had a dependancy issue when it came to weed.  I only defended his character from those trying to say he was a bad person.  To me he was no different than Josh Gordon.  Hopefully he can overcome his demons and play again in the NFL.

13 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah but Chris Simms says Chase Young is special, so...

I've repeatedly said I don't agree with Chris Simms most of the time.  I simply respect the fact he thinks for himself and doesn't just go along with what everyone says all the time.