Draft Busts

HeydudemanG

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Dobb's future will be a OC if he wants to go that route.  He is the one person Ben listens to on the bench when analyzing what is happening.  His inaccuracy has been his killer.  His ceiling at this point is Jacoby Brissett and he is still looking up at that.

Stick Dobb's brain in Haskins's body and it would make a really good QB.

It's not like Dobbs lacks physical tools.

On 1/23/2021 at 1:33 AM, ifeelasleep said:

out of vans list only herbert popped on screen for me, all the rest are up in the air, dobbins is a hit but RBs can have a couple of seasons and they crater, its still a hit but remember cadillac williams?

the receivers look pretty decent, but only jefferson looks an all pro type, i agree they should only be selected in the top half of the first round if theyre complete freaks in measurements and production.

the best route runners in the league are Adams, Keenan allen, Diggs and for the longest time AB, none of them even sniffed the first round. Adams went in the second but he was the 9th receiver taken, why? route running is hard to scout/project because of the opposition and because its a skill that gets polished with experience. 

Found VanS burner

On 1/23/2021 at 9:33 AM, ifeelasleep said:

out of vans list only herbert popped on screen for me, all the rest are up in the air, dobbins is a hit but RBs can have a couple of seasons and they crater, its still a hit but remember cadillac williams?

the receivers look pretty decent, but only jefferson looks an all pro type, i agree they should only be selected in the top half of the first round if theyre complete freaks in measurements and production.

the best route runners in the league are Adams, Keenan allen, Diggs and for the longest time AB, none of them even sniffed the first round. Adams went in the second but he was the 9th receiver taken, why? route running is hard to scout/project because of the opposition and because its a skill that gets polished with experience. 

Burrow and Young too. IMO. Not up in the air, they're slam dunks. I guess burrow now has an injury concern and if that's going to affect him, but ability and playing-wise, he looks like a franchise QB in the way a bust at QB never does

• Like 1

injuries are a concern for Burrow because of his OL, torn acl/mcl should be fine for a qb.
Young had a probowl nod and alot of hype, i guess i held that against him unfairly. I dont think a DE prospect as highly thought of as him has busted in the last 10 years, so youre probably right. Clowney or Garrett type career might be a more interesting question.

7 hours ago, ifeelasleep said:

injuries are a concern for Burrow because of his OL, torn acl/mcl should be fine for a qb.
Young had a probowl nod and alot of hype, i guess i held that against him unfairly. I dont think a DE prospect as highly thought of as him has busted in the last 10 years, so youre probably right. Clowney or Garrett type career might be a more interesting question.

It wasnt just a torn ACL/MCL. He had structural damage to the knee as well. That isnt good at all. Might be fine now but it will come back to bite him in the butt down the road. Also, Burrow had above avg scrambling ability. That aspect of his game is now affected by the knee injury. He still has a buttload of potential but its not nearly as high as it was.