'Last Chance' Mock - Discussion

dcat

Looks like we are underway with Washington OTC @Wpob.

Texans don't pick until 40, so we'll wait for someone to take them before tripling up anyone.  

Again, here is the link to the spread sheet we're using:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZIRa11rblJG6nuqGQvpX9NluGyz5TuGOcIfmqLHkYQM/edit?usp=sharing

I could use one or two to help edit, so if anyone is comfortable with helping out on the workbook, send me a PM.  

Here are some notes on the workbook (From another site):

You can sort columns and change tabs at will, but no edits.  The draft mods will make edits as needed. Send us a PM if you see one needed.
Navigate through the spreadsheet via the tabs at the bottom:
Draft tab: this is the main tab that shows you all the picks for all the rounds in one page. You can quickly see who is on-the-clock and how far away you are from your next pick.
GM Lineup tab: This is what attaches your team and selections to you on the main draft page. Remind me to change these if there are any changes in GMs. 
All Players tab: List of draft prospects with averaged rankings from multiple sources. The rankings are nearly 8 weeks old so they are NOT up to date. Also they are entirely subjective so use them with caution. There will be no opportunity to update the rankings.
Available Player Tab: This page gives you a quick look at who is still available, however, if you see a pick number next to the player, then he has been selected already and we just haven't gotten around to filtering him off the page. 
Team-by-team: (currently not on spread sheet... will be added after a couple of rounds) shows a team's entire draft.
Positional rankings tabs: self explanatory. Rankings from several allegedly "reputable" draft sites. You can sort by source if you like. Again, these may not up-to-date. Besides, its pretty subjective stuff anyway.

Overall rules:

• trading of 2020 picks is allowed (please keep reasonable/ realistic)
  • no trading between teams with the same GM (don't even ask)
  • no trading of future year picks (avoiding nonsensical trades)
  • no trading of active NFL players (therefore no salary cap/contractual issues)
  • this mock will begin Tuesday evening 4/14 and end on Thursday, 4/23 by 7:00 PM.  We'll get to as many rounds as it goes. This is for fun, so no freaking out if someone is a little late.
  • 90 minute clock for the first three rounds; 60 minutes thereafter
  • Clock will run from 11:00 AM eastern to Midnight and then will suspend for the night.  (we can begin earlier if it's OK w/anyone from westcoast)
  • missed picks will be skipped temporarily, but will be filled in via consensus if GM remains AWOL (please don't do that)
  • remember to tag the next 2 GMs up  (i.e. @dcat)
  • use Selection thread (to be posted later) for picks only
  • use Discussion thread for the rest.
  • I will be using a different spreadsheet from those you see in other mocks. Use the spreadsheet link above to track.
  • Caveat: spreadsheet has 8-week old rankings by position and consensus from several popular sources, mostly outdated and some flat out silly rankings.  Use at your own risk. Spreadsheet also has column for the Jimmy Johnson chart values (FWIW) for your convenience.  Spreadsheet has about 600+ players.  I can add others as needed.  In another mock, we had to add about 4-5 players.  No worries.  Just let me know.  
Edited by dcat

The Washington Redskins draft QB from Alabama Tua Tagovailoa.  

I am not a fan at all of Dwayne Haskins.  I follow the same route Arizona did and fix my mistake now and move on from Haskins. 

Well we have our first shocking pick of the draft.  That sure should trigger some curiosity.  Was it you who did the same thing on the Ravens board @Wpob

So for all the GMs waiting for Tua..... No Soup For You.

giphy.gif

Edited by dcat

11 minutes ago, Wpob said:

Not me.   This is the only draft board I am on.  However I don’t believe the redskins will pick this way. 

I'm not criticizing the pick at all.  It takes ballz.  Just like the Arizona Cardinals showed they had last year.  A new GM in Washington would have the same idea if he has any fortitude.  Arizona has no regrets for last year's pick, do they?   

I'm just thinking of the implications on the draft board now.  Unexpected. 

1 minute ago, jcrell623 said:

Ceedee lamb to the cardinals? Hmm

Nuke, Cee Dee plus Fitz (for one more season)  Still have Kirk and Isabella.  

Wealth of riches there for Kyler Myrray.  Now and the future.  But is it overkill?

What is the thought behind CeeDee here @Shorttynaz?