'Last Chance' Mock - Discussion

dcat

9 minutes ago, jcrell623 said:

That was me :)

No way Miami can sign all those picks, so trading up for top talent looks like the best strategy.  Young chasing Sam Darnold all over is not something I'd look forward to seeing as a Jets fan.  Just make sure you draft a real bust of a QB for us, will ya?

Or just go sign UFA Christian Hackenberg... he's ready for the Dolphins with all of that AAF experience behind him.  Nah.  Rosen is the man

Edited by dcat

8 minutes ago, dcat said:

No way Miami can sign all those picks, so trading up for top talent looks like the best strategy.  Young chasing Sam Darnold all over is not something I'd look forward to seeing as a Jets fan.  Just make sure you draft a real bust of a QB for us, will ya?

Or just go sign UFA Christian Hackenberg... he's ready for the Dolphins with all of that AAF experience behind him.  Nah.  Rosen is the man

We’re signing Jameis

I was wondering if we even really need the separate Trading thread?  I don't think so.  We could continue to just post requests to trade up or trade back right here in this thread.  I thought it might be easier to find trading options if we had a separate thread, but if we aren't going to use it, we might as well shut that thread down.  Fewer threads are better, I think.

3 hours ago, dcat said:

Nuke, Cee Dee plus Fitz (for one more season)  Still have Kirk and Isabella.  

Wealth of riches there for Kyler Myrray.  Now and the future.  But is it overkill?

What is the thought behind CeeDee here @Shorttynaz?

Fitz is on his retirement show, Isabella will most likely never prove to be what they drafted him to be.  Nuk, Lamb, and Kirk will be one of, if not the best trio of WRs on a team for a few years to come.  It will create nightmares for opposing defenses, that is, if Murray can stay upright long enough to find his open target. 

• Like 1

Trade:

Cleveland sends #10 to Denver for #15 and 83.

Denver was NOT planning on moving up, but this draft couldn't have fallen any more poorly for the Broncos.  There is no way the Broncos will let the jets or the Raiders or anyone else get  Ruggs.  Period.   Denver picks Ruggs. He and Sutton will make for a formidable attack.  

Edited by dcat

1 hour ago, Shorttynaz said:

Fitz is on his retirement show, Isabella will most likely never prove to be what they drafted him to be.  Nuk, Lamb, and Kirk will be one of, if not the best trio of WRs on a team for a few years to come.  It will create nightmares for opposing defenses, that is, if Murray can stay upright long enough to find his open target. 

I think the last part is why the pick was so confusing considering no OL off the board yet....

Hakeem Butler is okay as well.

Nonethless, thanks for starting a run on WR :)

8 minutes ago, jcrell623 said:

I think the last part is why the pick was so confusing considering no OL off the board yet....

Hakeem Butler is okay as well.

Nonethless, thanks for starting a run on WR :)

really.  Ive watched these WRs over and over and over.  There was no way Denver was going to leave the draft without Lamb or Ruggs or Jeudy for Drew Lock.  One of these three.  I'm well aware of what could/should be there in the 2nd round.  Nice 2nd round.  Sure.  But my fledgling QB is going to have the best playmaker I can get him. In nearly every other mock draft on planet Earth, one of them is there at 15. Go figure.

Edited by dcat

1 hour ago, dcat said:

Trade:

Jacksonville sends #10 to Denver for #15 and 83.

Denver was NOT planning on moving up, but this draft couldn;t have fallen any more poorly for the Broncos.  There is no way the Broncos will let the jets or the Raiders or anyone else get  Ruggs.  Period.   Denver picks Ruggs. He and Sutton will make for a formidable attack.  

Wait, I'm confused.  Am I not running things for the Jags?  O.o

• Like 1