Dooms day at 17

couchscout

10 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

So what's the worst case scenario?   Andrew Thomas or Henry Ruggs are the one left for us? 

So if Herbert is still there,   do you think we get a kings ransom out of NE or maybe Detroit, if they didn't take a QB at #3, or maybe the jags move up from #20. 

Out of the 17 names thrown out, Thomas as the last man standing is probably the worst case scenario. You're less likely than with a QB to get a huge haul in a trade, and it's the lowest position of need. I'm really crossing my fingers for the OTs to go.

Ruggs isn't the best option, but if he's there, I'm happy. Draft the guy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Thomas being the last man standing is the worst case. No promise we will get a trade partner for him. 

Knowing how good and deep this WR class is I expect one of the top 3 WRs to be there at 17. When a team has to decide between selecting an OT or a WR in the top 15 This year. I think they’ll opt for the OT because there’s a great chance they can get a Mims, Jefferson, Aiyuk, Shenault in the 2nd.

Thomas & Aiyuk > Cleveland & Jeudy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

There are a small handful of guys (non-QBs) whom I'd consider trading up for: Young, Simmons, and Brown.

Agree with Young and Simmons. I wouldnt trade up for Brown as we could most likely get Kinlaw at 17.

5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

At least you understand how to push for compensation. Always ask for the world. My opening asking price was their first five picks in this year's draft (5, 18, 26, 39, and 56), so we're on the same page.

agreed. I believe our asking price is a bit less if we pursue them vs them pursuing us. If they called us, im asking for 5, 18, 26, and a 1st and 2nd next year. I'll settle for 5, 26 and a 1st next.

9 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Out of the 17 names thrown out, Thomas as the last man standing is probably the worst case scenario. You're less likely than with a QB to get a huge haul in a trade, and it's the lowest position of need. I'm really crossing my fingers for the OTs to go.

Ruggs isn't the best option, but if he's there, I'm happy. Draft the guy. 

I thought he said that Thomas was gone

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CAPJ said:

agreed. I believe our asking price is a bit less if we pursue them vs them pursuing us. If they called us, im asking for 5, 18, 26, and a 1st and 2nd next year. I'll settle for 5, 26 and a 1st next.

I'm settling for WAY WAY less.. It's not realistic for Miami to give up that kind of haul AND pay a mediocre QB like Dak 35 Million. Not to mention, they'd have to have a deal in place before they'd do the actual trade anyways

18 26 and a 2nd next year gets it done for me. I want no part of Dak anywhere near 35 million, and I'm becoming of the mindset I'd rather have QB's on rookie deals unless the guy is truly elite

I try to package 18 and 2nd to get me to a spot where I can land Hebert or Tua (That would get to #12)

Take the BPA at 17 and one of the WR's at 26

Call it a day

(In a perfect world I maybe trade 17, 18 and 26 for 1sts in next years drafts plus additional picks this year - Have 4 1sts in 2021 and use that ammo to trade up for Trevor Lawrence, Sign Cam or trade for Dalton to get us through 2020)