Let me simplify my rambling 

worst case scenario the following have been selected

The four tackles-Wirfs, Thomas, Benton, and Wills

Top 3 QBs Tua, Burrow, and Herbert

Edge Young or Chassion

DT Brown and Kinlaw

Corner Okudah and Henderson

WR Jeudy Lamb and Ruggs

in this scenario Dallas has been wiped out the possibilities of a trade would be way less with the QBs and Tackles gone...

so gun to your head who do you take???

I think you forgot to include Simmons because I dont think there is any way Simmons drops to 17. 

The key to the draft is all 3 QBs going in the top 16. If that happens, we would land one of the Top 4 Tackles, 1 of the top 3 receivers, 1 of the top 2 CBs, Brown/Kinlaw or Young/Chiasson.

So unless any of us are rooting for Burrow, Tua or Herbert to be on our roster next year, we really need those 3 QBs to go top 16.

15 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Again, we take Isaiah Simmons and laugh our way to the bank because the third best player in the entire draft fell to 17.

So what's the worst case scenario?   Andrew Thomas or Henry Ruggs are the one left for us? 

So if Herbert is still there,   do you think we get a kings ransom out of NE or maybe Detroit, if they didn't take a QB at #3, or maybe the jags move up from #20. 

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:

I think you forgot to include Simmons because I dont think there is any way Simmons drops to 17. 

The key to the draft is all 3 QBs going in the top 16. If that happens, we would land one of the Top 4 Tackles, 1 of the top 3 receivers, 1 of the top 2 CBs, Brown/Kinlaw or Young/Chiasson.

So unless any of us are rooting for Burrow, Tua or Herbert to be on our roster next year, we really need those 3 QBs to go top 16.

I wouldn't complain if any of the top 3 QBs ended up on our roster next season. Just saying.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

So what's the worst case scenario?   Andrew Thomas or Henry Ruggs are the one left for us? 

So if Herbert is still there,   do you think we get a kings ransom out of NE or maybe Detroit, if they didn't take a QB at #3, or maybe the jags move up from #20. 

If Ruggs is there, draft him. If Herbert is still there, then we need to have our minds made up whether we're going to take him or if we're going to try and trade the pick.

EDIT: I don't think we'd get a king's ransom from NE because that's not how they operate, but we may be able to get some quality picks from Detroit. I'd demand their 2nd and 3rd in 2020 and 1st in 2021.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1

Just now, plan9misfit said:

I wouldn't complain if any of the top 3 QBs ended up on our roster next season. Just saying.

That's why I think we're in a great spot at #17.   We either get a premiere non-qb talent,  a qb,  or extra picks for moving down.   That is unless we take a C at #17. 

Just now, SweetFancyMoses said:

That's why I think we're in a great spot at #17.   We either get a premiere non-qb talent,  a qb,  or extra picks for moving down.   That is unless we take a C at #17. 

I don't think we'd reach for a S or C at 17. I think we'd look to trade down 8-10 spots before doing that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Me neither. No chance Burrow makes it to 17. I would take Herbert over Tua just based on the injury history. Also rather Trade Dak and select Herbert if thats an option.

My point was if 3 Qbs go in top 16, we will have the opportunity to land either Kinlaw, Henderson, Chaisson, Ruggs/Jeudy/Lamb or 1 of the OT. There is no way Young, Simmons, Okudah fall to 17. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

If only we lost our last game of the year and got the 13th pick...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:

Me neither. No chance Burrow makes it to 17. I would take Herbert over Tua just based on the injury history. Also rather Trade Dak and select Herbert if thats an option.

My point was if 3 Qbs go in top 16, we will have the opportunity to land either Kinlaw, Henderson, Chaisson, Ruggs/Jeudy/Lamb or 1 of the OT. There is no way Young, Simmons, Okudah fall to 17. 

I agree. And IF we indeed look at a QB, then we'll need to have a trade in place for our current QB to move him to best maximize the return for him.

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

If Simmons is on the board still after pick #8, I'm seriously considering moving up and it increases with each pick thereafter. By pick 12, I'm pulling the trigger most likely. 

There are a small handful of guys (non-QBs) whom I'd consider trading up for: Young, Simmons, and Brown.

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

I agree. And IF we indeed look at a QB, then we'll need to have a trade in place for our current QB to move him to best maximize the return for him.

I would be calling Miami right now and asking for 5, 18, 39 and a first next for Dak. Settle for 5 and first next year. Take Herbert at 5. still have 17 and an extra 1st next year.

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:

I would be calling Miami right now and asking for 5, 18, 39 and a first next for Dak. Settle for 5 and first next year. Take Herbert at 5. still have 17 and an extra 1st next year.

At least you understand how to push for compensation. Always ask for the world. My opening asking price was their first five picks in this year's draft (5, 18, 26, 39, and 56), so we're on the same page.