Sleepers

Humble_Beast

13 hours ago, Trojan said:

Why do so many people have Trey Adams as a sleeper/late round guy? Isn't he a first round talent that gets bumped to maybe the 3rd off injury concerns?

Adams WAS a 1st round pick back in ‘18 and more of a 2nd in ‘19 but he’s continued to struggle against decent competition.... and he looks pathetic... absolutely pathetic at the combine.

maybe someone takes in in the 4th or 5th due to lack of depth at OT in the mid to la the rounds this year but i really could see him going UDFA at this point... epic fall

51 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

why do you like them? I never heard of them

Kinsey - Dan Shonka at Our Lads is a big fan. Had a really good week at his Shrine game. Excellent production. https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mason-kinsey-dream-nfl-wide-receiver/

Alufoai - Only played 1 year in High school. Good story. Big man who improved during the week of his Shrine game. Huge project NT. https://thetouchdown.co.uk/auzoyah-alufohai-path-to-the-nfl-draft/

Kirk played well in his Shrine game and was Defensive MVP. Versatile safety, team captain. https://www.profootballnetwork.com/illinois-states-luther-kirk-the-versatile-safety-is-a-nfl-draft-sleeper/

Probably all UDFAs that don’t amount to anything tbh.

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Adams WAS a 1st round pick back in ‘18 and more of a 2nd in ‘19 but he’s continued to struggle against decent competition.... and he looks pathetic... absolutely pathetic at the combine.

maybe someone takes in in the 4th or 5th due to lack of depth at OT in the mid to la the rounds this year but i really could see him going UDFA at this point... epic fall

???

36 minutes ago, Trojan said:

???

I have not checked him out that much and he looks good the first drive of that game but I do know that teams will completely remove OT when they run slower than a 5.4 40.  If he was injured he should not have ran.  If I have you at 4.6 at the combine and then you run a 5.2 at your pro day but my scouts can not be there then you are out of luck.  I hope he was just injured and gets to prove himself in camp.  If there is a season.

A couple guys I like are Joe Bachie and David Woodward at LB. Both can be had late in the draft and at the least provide ST play and seem to fit our character profile.

I really like Woodward, injuries have derailed him but he's kind of sneaky athletic and his coverage wasn't too bad from what ive seen. Always around the football and a player who's greater than the sum if his parts.

Bachie to me could struggle in coverage as a starter but he's smart, really well liked by the cosches and plays like his hair is on fire, is a better value than a guy like Malik Harrison with similar strengths and weaknesses though a little less athletic.

21 hours ago, Trojan said:

???

I don’t get what you mean by “???”.  That tape you posted didn’t slow Adams as anything special.  
The guy has A horrible body for a OT... his ankles are very thin and he’s flabby w/o muscles underneath the fat.

did you see his 40? I though he might be the first person to gas and give up. I taped the entire combine and watched it and Adams went first in every drill and never looked good at all.  
I don’t hate the guy Im just saying he’s pushing the limits of baseline athleticism for a OT in the NFL, plus major injury history.

20 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I have not checked him out that much and he looks good the first drive of that game but I do know that teams will completely remove OT when they run slower than a 5.4 40.  If he was injured he should not have ran.  If I have you at 4.6 at the combine and then you run a 5.2 at your pro day but my scouts can not be there then you are out of luck.  I hope he was just injured and gets to prove himself in camp.  If there is a season.

I read he's a pretty low character guy as well. I don't think he'll be on our board.

On 4/15/2020 at 5:03 PM, jimkelly02 said:

http://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1018962&DraftYear=2020

LJarius Sneed is likely to be drafted in rounds 4-5 but could be a real sleeper there.  Great speed and played CB and FS.  

There is a play in that Quez Watkins video where he snatches a ball away from Sneed, but holy crap, Sneed jumped through the roof to try and make a play on that ball. It’s all I have seen from him, but I’ve never been as impressed by someone getting big boyed.