Consensus Mock - Packers Pick at 30

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I said it in that thread and I'll put it here for forum conversation, but I absolutely loathe the way the board fell and have no desire to pick at 30. 

That's what I feel too even though I like Tee Higgins a lot I would prefer a trade back overall for the amount of WR talent still available. Our needs and the best players available don't match unless we 'over draft' for a player.

Can't believe there isn't more love for Diggs at CB.  Premium position.  Tramon is unsigned and very aged.  Jackson has been invisible.  Hollomon is a raw prospect.  King in a contract year.  Oh, and Pettine plays pass first.

I like him as a premium position prospect better than Jackson at OT.

Diggs pushes ahead of those WR's on my board, though I do like Shenault a ton.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I hate everyone voting in that poll. Murray and WRs, gross.

Weren't you just talking about the theory that when you're picking this late in the 1st, "premiums at non-premium positions" start to outweigh "non-premiums at premium positions?" Picking Murray over Austin Jackson not only fits that theory, it's also the correct choice. Same goes for a few of the remaining WRs. They are better prospects than the scraps left at OT and IDL. 

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Weren't you just talking about the theory that when you're picking this late in the 1st, "premiums at non-premium positions" start to outweigh "non-premiums at premium positions?" Picking Murray over Austin Jackson not only fits that theory, it's also the correct choice. Same goes for a few of the remaining WRs. They are better prospects than the scraps left at OT and IDL. 

Not saying I agree with it. Just speculating on it. 

ILB is different than WR. You should never take an ILB round 1. A WR you might be able to justify.

With this board though, neither should be the pick. There's enough OT and CB talent to not sweat it.

32 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not saying I agree with it. Just speculating on it. 

ILB is different than WR. You should never take an ILB round 1. A WR you might be able to justify.

With this board though, neither should be the pick. There's enough OT and CB talent to not sweat it.

I wouldn't say never take an ILB R1 (I'd say almost never). If there was a 3 down ILB that could cover and was an effective blitzer (Isiah Simmons, Shazier a few years) I'm interested.

I wouldn't put Murray in that category though (he's a nice downhill player that tested well).