'Last Chance' GM mock

dcat

17 hours ago, dcat said:

Hey I'm the GM for the Broncos over  in the GM Mock draft forum:

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/27125-last-chance-mock-selections/

If you have any suggestions for me as it goes along, feel free to post it here.  We are pick #8 at the moment.

What needs do you feel need to be filled in order of priority?

Thanks,

Dcat

So what the hell did you ask if you were just gonna do what YOU think, trading a pick 83 when you could've selected Andrew Thomas without the trade ? ???

GEEEZZZZ 

LOL.  I wasn't handing over the reins to anyone here.  Just wanted opinions.  I strongly considered OT and opted for the top talent left on the board at WR, because the Broncos WRs other than Sutton aren't very good and you have a baby QB who needs a top talent to throw to.  Sure you need OL help too, and I plan to address that.  Now you get who I feel is the 2nd best WR in an elite class where the drop off from the top 3 is to the rest is a steep cliff.  Tons of decent WRs, but Ruggs is elite. The remaining WRs are not.     The alternative here would be to watch Ruggs playing against you as a Raider, twice per year for the next 5 years at a minimum.  Now YOU have him and trust me, he is going to be great.   

And what in the world ever made you think I would be hog-tied to what you posted?   Feel free to post what you want as the picks come up and I will consider, or don't bother.  Your choice.  If it's going to make you angry... then just ignore.

Edited by dcat

4 hours ago, dcat said:

LOL.  I wasn't handing over the reins to anyone here.  Just wanted opinions.  I strongly considered OT and opted for the top talent left on the board at WR, because the Broncos WRs other than Sutton aren't very good and you have a baby QB who needs a top talent to throw to.  Sure you need OL help too, and I plan to address that.  Now you get who I feel is the 2nd best WR in an elite class where the drop off from the top 3 is to the rest is a steep cliff.  Tons of decent WRs, but Ruggs is elite. The rekaining WRs are not.     And what in the world ever made you think I would be hog-tied to what you posted?   Feel free to post what you want as the picks come up and I will consider, or don't bother.  Your choice.  If it's going to make you angry... then just ignore.

So what was the trade?

29 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

So what was the trade?

I moved up 5 to get past Raiders who were planning on taking Ruggs. Gave 83 to move up to 10. Jets wouldn't trade. Lamb and Jeudy were already taken. 

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

I’d hate it - primarily as I hate the concept of trading up for any first round WR, especially with other top talent available.  But a lot of Broncos country would go crazy to a Ruggs.  They seem convinced he is the missing piece to our Super Bowl run lol.  But at least you didn’t trade up for Jordon Love or CJ Henderson😜

• Like 1

ahem:

Now three sources (Peter Schrager, Mike Lombardi, Dane Brugler) saying the Broncos want to move up to 10 to get their guy at WR. 

Hopefully for you guys, it's Cee Dee.  That's who I wanted, but CeeDee and Jeudy were gone by pick 9, thus Ruggs.  But you don't leave this draft without one of those IMO.  I mean I'd settle for Higgins or even Jefferson, but they won't make it to 51 because they never seem to make it to 48 where the Jets pick.  No way will Aiyuk, Shenault or even Pittman come remotely close.  You don't want Pittman.  He's a lot like Sutton.  Playmakers: Ruggs is one.

7 hours ago, dcat said:

I moved up 5 to get past Raiders who were planning on taking Ruggs. Gave 83 to move up to 10. Jets wouldn't trade. Lamb and Jeudy were already taken. 

That's great value and I'd be completely on board. A late 3rd to move up 5 spots and secure our guy is robbery. Great job. Other option would have been to wait and trade a bit less (4th?) with the 49ers and take maybe Wirfs and plug him in at RG. Im surprised how late those lineman went. 

Edited by grizmo78

Just now, grizmo78 said:

That's great value and I'd be completely on board. A late 3rd to move up 5 spots and secure our guy is robbery. Great job.

it helped that I "knew" (literally) that the GM for Raiduhs was taking Ruggs.  I was shocked to tears when Lamb went then Jeudy in unexpected spots. I lowballed Cleveland with an offer of 95, they said 77 or forget it.  We settled on 83 and Denver has a gem.  Watch what he can do again.  Sorry I couldn't get you Lamb.

OK... Denver is back on the clock with pick 46.  I've offered the board a trade back and have about half hour to see if anyone bites.

Round 1 was Ruggs.

Here is what I am debating for this pick:   Prince Wanogho, Jaylen Johnson, Bryce Hall, Lucas Niang and Ezra Cleveland.

I am leaning towards corner.  Looking at the CBs on the board.... I see a giant drop between rd 2 and rd 3.  

Any thoughts?  If I had to pick right now, the choice would be Johnson.

2 minutes ago, dcat said:

OK... Denver is back on the clock with pick 46.  I've offered the board a trade back and have about half hour to see if anyone bites.

Round 1 was Ruggs.

Here is what I am debating for this pick:   Prince Wanogho, Jaylen Johnson, Bryce Hall, Lucas Niang and Ezra Cleveland.

I am leaning towards corner.  Looking at the CBs on the board.... I see a giant drop between rd 2 and rd 3.  

Any thoughts?  If I had to pick right now, the choice would be Johnson.

Jaylen Johnson or Ezra Cleveland. Those other guys should be considered with our 3rd round pick.

2 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Jaylen Johnson or Ezra Cleveland. Those other guys should be considered with our 3rd round pick.

I really like Johnson.  My fellow Jets fans are very high on E Cleveland.  But ive been watching Boise st video......  he is a light-***.  I think he  is beiong seriously over drafted in most mocks.  I have Prince, Niang and two other tackles that I think I can get in the next round ahead of Cleveland.  I actually considered not putting Cleveland on this list.

17 minutes ago, dcat said:

I really like Johnson.  My fellow Jets fans are very high on E Cleveland.  But ive been watching Boise st video......  he is a light-***.  I think he  is beiong seriously over drafted in most mocks.  I have Prince, Niang and two other tackles that I think I can get in the next round ahead of Cleveland.  I actually considered not putting Cleveland on this list.

I am personally a fan of Cleveland, but Jaylen Johnson is one of my favorite CBs in the class, so I'd run to the podium for him.

• Like 1