'Last Chance' GM mock

dcat

Becton huge ceiling but more risk. By the time he's ready to be a starting LT, Brady will be long retired.   Thomas solid.  Should contribute right away.  Brady does not like to get hit.  Thomas was the pick .

Looking at roster, don't you need EDGE?  Barret on a 1 yr expensive deal and JPP on the wrong side of 31 on a 2 yr expensive deal.  But I forget...   Brady.  WiN NoW. An Edge to replace one of these guys in 2 yrs is a long-term view.  Win now is for real in Tampa I think.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think this is a dream scenario for most of us.

they just fell to me. It has been paradise.

On the other hand, I'm also doing Denver and it has been a nightmare for them and their needs and I traded up in round 1 to get the guy that I was sure would fall and I viewed as a must-have.  Terrible draft for them so far and great for Bucs.  And I hate Brady, BTW.  Said the long-time jealous Jets fan.  

link to mock spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZIRa11rblJG6nuqGQvpX9NluGyz5TuGOcIfmqLHkYQM/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 9:57 PM, dcat said:

Becton huge ceiling but more risk. By the time he's ready to be a starting LT, Brady will be long retired.   Thomas solid.  Should contribute right away.  Brady does not like to get hit.  Thomas was the pick .

Looking at roster, don't you need EDGE?  Barret on a 1 yr expensive deal and JPP on the wrong side of 31 on a 2 yr expensive deal.  But I forget...   Brady.  WiN NoW. An Edge to replace one of these guys in 2 yrs is a long-term view.  Win now is for real in Tampa I think.

I struggle with this because I believe another really good D-lineman would do so much for right now and the future. The young secondary would benefit from a better pass rush as well.

But, keeping Brady upright and giving him a guy like Clyde just has to be priority. Right now, I'm favoring an OT in first round, Clyde in 2nd or even trade up for him, and another interior O-lineman with the next pick. 

just a few picks away now from pick 76.  Got OT Thomas in rd 1 and RB Edwards-Helaire in the 2nd.   Team needs here?  Edge candidates here seem like a reach to me.  Anyone see a BPA you can't resist?  Just curious what your opinions are here.  But please don't be angry if I don't do what is suggested.  Someone got all pissy in the Broncos forum when I didn't draft exactly like he wanted me to.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZIRa11rblJG6nuqGQvpX9NluGyz5TuGOcIfmqLHkYQM/edit?usp=sharing