'Last Chance' GM mock

dcat

Done.  Van Jefferson added to the Brady arsenal.  He will be a perfect slot and can mix it up well at the other WR spots.  Son of a WR NFL coach.  Very smart. 

r672208_1296x729_16-9.jpg

Next, I want to talk QB prospects.  And I think I better pick him this round because don't know if he makes it to round 5.

How do you feel about small school prospects from the sunshine state?  Because I really like him.  

6 minutes ago, dcat said:

Next, I want to talk QB prospects.  And I think I better pick him this round because don't know if he makes it to round 5.

How do you feel about small school prospects from the sunshine state?  Because I really like him.

James Morgan, Nate Stanley, and Kevin Davidson are QBs we know we've spent time with and are still available. So there's some interest in those three. Probably in the order I listed them. But I'm not sure.

I know @ravishingone liked Cole McDonald. Not sure if he still does.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

James Morgan, Nate Stanley, and Kevin Davidson are QBs we know we've spent time with and are still available. So there's some interest in those three. Probably in the order I listed them. But I'm not sure.

I know @ravishingone liked Cole McDonald. Not sure if he still does.

I still like Cole McDonald, Hawaii s passing attack was a lot of Run n Shoot concepts.  Attack the seams down the hash and 9 routes along the sideline.  These concepts are all staples in the Bucs passing game. 

He s going to get nitpicked because of his release point and not playing under center.  I like him better then Stanley and Davidson.  Morgan and McDonald for me day 3 developmental Qb.

• Like 1

Added to the OL with Calvin Throckmorton.  

Although technically listed as a tackle, "Doc Throck", as he is called, has played OT, G and C.  He will not translate to OT at the NFL level but will be used as a guard and, when needed, as a swing tackle and center.  He has played 4 positions on the OL.  With his versatility, Doc Throck can be used as needed and when needed and gives the Bucs line the beef it needs for depth.

RCWTRA22OVAZ7KDMN2DGLSG3YI.jpg

1-14    Andrew Thomas, OT
2-45    Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB
3-76    Rashard Lawrence, DL
4-117  Van Jefferson, WR
4-139 Calvin Throckmorton, IOL
5-161
6- 194

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, dcat said:

Added to the OL with Calvin Throckmorton.  

Although technically listed as a tackle, "Doc Throck", as he is called, has played OT, G and C.  He will not translate to OT at the NFL level but will be used as a guard and, when needed, as a swing tackle and center.  He has played 4 positions on the OL.  With his versatility, Doc Throck can be used as needed and when needed and gives the Bucs line the beef it needs for depth.

RCWTRA22OVAZ7KDMN2DGLSG3YI.jpg

4-117  Van Jefferson, WR
5-161
6- 194

Look at Throck's right foot.  Geez...  I can't make out the number on whoever's foot that is, but it doesn't look pretty. That's how a left knee gets wrecked.

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

I'm not giving back my 4th round pick. Not for that slow, skinny, washed up big dope.  Did you see how skinny he was around New years?  LOL.  He'll catch maybe 20 passes and a couple of TDs. and that's if he stays uninjured which is doubtful.   All this is is a P.R. ploy.  Or just plain dumbness.  Yiu guys know better than me.

If anyone here has an inside to the F.O. please urge them to make a deal with the Jets for OJ Howard.  You're obviously not going to use the 5th year option and maybe some other team will be able to figure out how not to waste him.

edit: the more I think about the gronk trade, the more it's dumb...dumb...dumb...dumb...

Edited by dcat

4 hours ago, dcat said:

I'm not giving back my 4th round pick. Not for that slow, skinny, washed up big dope.  Did you see how skinny he was around New years?  LOL.  He'll catch maybe 20 passes and a couple of TDs. and that's if he stays uninjured which is doubtful.   All this is is a P.R. ploy.  Or just plain dumbness.  Yiu guys know better than me.

If anyone here has an inside to the F.O. please urge them to make a deal with the Jets for OJ Howard.  You're obviously not going to use the 5th year option and maybe some other team will be able to figure out how not to waste him.

edit: the more I think about the gronk trade, the more it's dumb...dumb...dumb...dumb...

Cause F*** it, why not?

It's funny, when the trade rumor was first posted on this forum section, I was in the midst of typing out I'm not interested in signing Gronk. And the trade was completed before I could even finish. But, for a 4th round pick... Now it's worth it just for the fun of it. And the Bucs can now trade you OJ for a 2nd rounder, which we can then use on whatever else in the draft. 

Also, these 2 moves by Brady and Gronk are a pretty big middle finger to the Pats if you ask me. I mean I think Belichick wanted to move on as well. And I'm sure he's fine with taking a 4th round pick out of a retired player. But it shows they both didn't want to play in New England anymore. 

Well you all and I will just agree to completely disagree on the Gronk trade.  Good luck with that one.  Just glad they pulled the trigger AFTER I drafted at 139, otherwise it would have been pulled.  Anyway, this thing will be wrapping up tomorrow and it has been fun.  I wish you all good health and a successful real NFL draft for the Buccaneers.  I don''t know if the mock draft will get to the 6th rounder.. so here is what I got for you up till now:

4-117  Van Jefferson, WR
5-161 James Morgan, QB, FIU
6- 194

Edited by dcat
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, indifference said:

Gronk is 250 pounds; 10 pounds lighter than his NFL playing weight. Cant wait to see him in action with Brady

You actually believe the tweet!  Hahaha.  Good luck with that.  Tweet was a blatant lie. Hope he stays healthy for you.  
And please send a memo to front office to cut OJ Howard so some team can properly use him for the next 6 years.

Edited by dcat

2 hours ago, dcat said:

You actually believe the tweet!  Hahaha.  Good luck with that.  Tweet was a blatant lie. Hope he stays healthy for you.  
And please send a memo to front office to cut OJ Howard so some team can properly use him for the next 6 years.

Those were words out his mouth from yesterdays press conference. 🤧

yeah we’ll surely miss OJ’s inconsistency in Tampa...send draft compensation of a day 2 pick with that since your in such high regard for him 😁

Edited by indifference

For the last Buccaneers pick I went back and forth between Joe Reed Virginia WR/RB/KR and Josh Metellus, Michigan Safety.  I took the safety just because this was an overly offense-happy draft and someone posted that depth would be welcomed at the position.  If I had another pick too, it would be Joe Reed.

4-117  Van Jefferson, WR
5-161 James Morgan, QB, FIU
6- 194 Josh Metellus, S, Michigan

Stay healthy and safe!  Good luck in tonight's draft.

Edited by dcat