Aloha #Conviction Mock Draft

WindyCity

The Chicago Bears trade 2[43], 2[50] and 1[2021] [1440] to the Las Vegas Raiders for 1[12], 3[80], 5[159] [1416]. We know that the Bears and Raiders can put a mega deal together and this would give the Raiders 1,2,2,3,3,4 in this draft and a 1st next season as well.

1[12] QB Tua Tagovailoa [Alabama] 6' 217lbs.

The Bears need a long term QB and they have a year to give an injured player to fully recover. Tua is smart, accurate, and a great leader. He is a big time player, with big time pelts on the wall and he has stared down huge moments and not flinched. He needs to redshirt a year and get fully healthy, he took a beating in college and there is some risk to him from a health standpoint. If he was healthy he would be a top 2-3 pick lock so the Bears can try and steal some value. Tua gets to come to Chicago and sit for a year. Let his hip fully heal, learn the playbook, work with Flip and then be the guy in 2021 and hopefully for 15 years.

tua-tagovailoa-alabama-quarterback.jpg

3[80] OG Jonah Jackson [Ohio St] 6'4" 306lbs.

Tua is not tall and has been banged up, so a little like Drew Brees in that regard. He needs to be protected and needs a firm pocket so that he can keep vision downfield. The Bears need an upgrade at RG and they need someone who can be the long term answer there. Jackson had a really nice Senior Bowl and has the anchor and power that the Bears are lacking at OG.

113406_h.jpg

5[159] WR Quez Watkins [Southern Miss] 6' 190lbs.

Watkins is fast, really fast [4.35], but he needs some time and development. Watkins averaged 18.6 yards per catch last season and has the downfield ability that the Bears lack. Watkins can come in and compete with Wims and Ridley for the #3 spot, but more importantly he can be mixed in for some deep shot plays.

Quez-Watkins_courtesy-USM-Athletics_web_t670.jpg?b3f6a5d7692ccc373d56e40cf708e3fa67d9af9d

5[163] S J.R Reed [Georgia] 6'1" 202lbs.

The Bear are taking a volume approach to the safety position and they should continue to add to the spot and give themselves the maximum number of options in camp. Reed fills a need as well as takes care of Ryan Pace's need to draft someone from Georgia. He is productive, 54 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 7 PD and can likely play both safety spots.

JRReed_2019_1.jpg?itok=WYcLyVKB

6[196] OLB Jonathan Garvin [Miami] 6'4" 265lbs.

The Bears need someone who can develop at OLB and who can provide some rotational pass rush and give Mack and Quinn a blow. Garvin has the size and power that the Bears do not have with Mingo and Irving. At a minimum he can be a year long developmental project.

gettyimages-1075422064-594x594.jpg

6[202] OT Yasir Durant [Missouri] 6'6" 331lbs.

Long term the Bears need to keep Tua healthy and that is going to require a greater investment in the OL. Durant is a long shot to be a starter, but he has NFL size, length, and power. He gets a year as a backup to work with Castillo and see what happens. Best case scenario he is an option at RT in 2021.

https%3A%2F%2Fthevikingage.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F08%2F1182279007-1-850x560.jpeg

7[226] ILB David Woodward [Utah St] 6'2" 230lbs.

The Bears need a backup ILB that can replace the steady and instinctive play of Nick K. Woodward is not an elite athlete, but he is super instinctive and will know the defense. He provides better depth than Iggy and should be a better special teams player.

Utah_State_linebacker_David_Woodward_2018_615x458.jpg

7[233] RB Reggie Corbin [Illinois] 5'10" 200lbs.

This was a surprising non-combine invite and someone that Shane Toub worked with at Illinois. Corbin would add some speed to the backfield, with better size than Cohen, he could take over as RB2 and someone who can take some carries away from Montgomery and keep the Bears from grinding him into the ground. Corbin has the long speed that Montgomery does not.

USATSI_11589194-718x490.jpg
Edited by WindyCity

17 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The Chicago Bears trade 2[43], 2[50] and 1[2021] [1440] to the Las Vegas Raiders for 1[12], 3[80], 5[159] [1416]. We know that the Bears and Raiders can put a mega deal together and this would give the Raiders 1,2,2,3,3,4 in this draft and a 1st next season as well.

That's an insanely bad offer for the Raiders.  I mean, that values the Bears' FUTURE FRP as worth the 35th/36th pick in this year's draft.  The problem is the Raiders won't get the pick until next year.  Depending on how you value future picks, that isn't nearly enough.  Personally, I value future picks as the last pick of the next round.  In this scenario, the Raiders would be getting value as the 64th pick.  The Raiders would still need another late SRP or early 3rd round pick to get the value close, and that's not even considering QB premiums that are thrown into these trades.  Plus, the Raiders would be dropping down multiple tiers.  This isn't a team that needs more picks.  They need more impact players.  Going from CeeDee Lamb/Jerry Jeudy to Brandon Aiyuk/KJ Hamler would be a massive disappointment.  Unless the Raiders truly believe the Bears are going to be top 5 worst team next year, I don't see how the Raiders even entertain this.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2020 at 11:20 AM, Damikeeeee said:

This would be awesome. It's not realistic but still. 

Who likes Mitch more than Tua?

If we got Tua for just that and a decent draft after, I'd be happy 

Not that I like Mitch more than Tua but this would be a huge risk.  

Things that really concern me about Tua are his hip and that he originally scored a whopping 13! on the Wonderlic.  That's really awful.

Edited by topwop1

20 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Things that really concern me about Tua are his hip and that he originally scored a whopping 13! on the Wonderlic.  That's really awful.

Marino, Kelly, McNabb, Bradshaw, etc all scored poorly, IIRC. Who cares? But I do agree in that it's a risk. Still, it's one I'd be willing to take if it happened in the way Windy laid out (which it never would).

Edited by beardown3231

On 4/21/2020 at 10:15 AM, topwop1 said:

In the (paraphrased) words of the scholar Cardlae Jones, "I ain't come to play school!!"

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 1