First Round Mock draft w trades

Gmen19851

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

yea cause tanking for #1worked out so well for them. The theory of tanking a year out is laughable the Gm and HC have a time limit before they are canned and now a days it is shorter. In what way would an owner see you having 3 1st rd picks and not being able to come out of the draft with a franchise qb in order to sell season tickets, even with this virus going on the marketing of not having a franchise qb in an already weak marketing area is a franchise killer. Going another year with barely any fans in the stadium would be a tough sell to your employer. 

Theres one problem with that theory, Lawrence is a QB Prodigy and that is something worth tanking for. Phenom's don't come around too often

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

Trade Falcons trade 16 78 and 134 to the Jets for 11 and 120

11. Falcons CJ Henderson CB Florida

This is absolute worst case scenario for me as a Falcon fan.  I would absolutely lose my %$#% if this happens i don't mind a trade up but my god so help me if it's for fricken Henderson who i wouldn't even take at 16 and preferably don't want him in the 1st round at all over like 5 or 6 other CB's.    Not saying it can't happen but you will dang sure see one angry person bashing TD for quite awhile after that.  If we make that trade atleast do it for a better player and more talented top 10 guy in Javon Kinlaw

I think the Falcons are going to trade up into that 10-12 range and the Jets make sense as a partner.  If its not Henderson, I can see them trading up for Kinlaw.  I personally had them trading up to get ahead of the 49ers because I think Henderson is a real target for them.  

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Dolphins not drafting a qb in the first round I would be extremely happy with this because that means they completely botched the draft. They can not roll with fitzpatrick another year with the uncertainty as a franchise qb. the fans and media will be blasting them come friday if that happens. Big fan of Simmons but in no way would he win you games, also they just spent money on von noy and lawson along with other pieces at edge so drafting on in the 1st rd wouldnt be the best move for them. 

That was my hardest decision.  I think it's likely that the Dolphins will get a QB in the first round, but I just didn't see a fit with how my mock fell.  Obviously they could've taken Tua at 5 in this scenario, but I just think he's going to fall more than people realize.  I think the public is thinking about his hip and saying its not a big deal, but the truth is that he's had a pretty extensive injury history before this injury so I do think he'll fall further than what is being projected.  

2 hours ago, Gmen19851 said:

I think the Falcons are going to trade up into that 10-12 range and the Jets make sense as a partner.  If its not Henderson, I can see them trading up for Kinlaw.  I personally had them trading up to get ahead of the 49ers because I think Henderson is a real target for them.  

God lets hope it's not :(  Funny part is someone put a poll on the Falcons website with this exact question of who we want with Kinlaw and henderson if we trade up earlier this morning.  As it sits right now it's Kinlaw at around 60 votes and Henderson at around 8 or 9 so if this happens theirs gonna be a boatload of upset Falcon fans it seems xD  Which is probably why TD will end up doing it he always pisses us off :P

Edited by FalconFan13

58 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

Theres one problem with that theory, Lawrence is a QB Prodigy and that is something worth tanking for. Phenom's don't come around too often

You have no idea if he is qb prodigy at the next level. Teams just dont tank for players maybe in the NBA they do in order to land a better lottery chance but a football organization there is just to much that goes in to it and a HC isn't going to risk his job tanking for a qb. Just look at Luck for instance teams knew about him and the one team ending up landing him was because their franchise qb went down with a neck injury and they were unprepared for a back up option with Painter or whatever his name was at QB. Lawrence may be highly scouted and could be the next best thing in the NFL or the next Tim Tebow where he shined in college but the mechanics didnt translate to the next level. We are not scouts on here we are just fans. I just find it hard to believe a team like the dolphins with 3 first rd picks (one in the top 5), do not come away with a qb. 

47 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

That was my hardest decision.  I think it's likely that the Dolphins will get a QB in the first round, but I just didn't see a fit with how my mock fell.  Obviously they could've taken Tua at 5 in this scenario, but I just think he's going to fall more than people realize.  I think the public is thinking about his hip and saying its not a big deal, but the truth is that he's had a pretty extensive injury history before this injury so I do think he'll fall further than what is being projected.  

I get that Tua's injury can be concerning and media is definitely making it a bigger deal then it is. You still have a product who has proven that he can make plays at the next level, just dont think you can pass up on the potential of landing a guy of that caliber when healthy. Like I said I am all for them not drafting one but I have a feeling they will be the ones moving up in the draft to land herbert if they are not comfortable with Tua.They have to much ammo not to make the decision of drafting a qb even if they over pay for him