BDL 2017 Week 3: Camden Hoodrats @ Cuba Smugglers

DingoLadd

Who Wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Camden Hoodrats
    • Cuba Smugglers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/27/2017 at 02:00 PM

33 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I highlighted there would be a ton of two man under situations, and if Beckham-Trufant is a mismatch, Hargreaves vs Julio needs to be highlighted. Hargreaves gave up 70%, 126 yards against Keenum QB led team.

tumblr_mg0shfpVAX1qf5bwyo1_500.gif

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

1. Eric Wood is an above average center playing at about an average level per PFF. What is the issue rotating Joe Berger (a strong center through grades playing RG IRL getting snaps? Joe Thomas has graded out as the top LT to this point and the OL features another elite player in DeCastro. 

Just stop dude, you messed up.  Center/QB exchange is paramount, need to keep that consistency for it to work.  Let alone that O Lines get their line calls from Centers and again consistency in observation is going to help as the game goes on.  No one does it IRL for a reason.

Swapping centers during the game is a bad idea, as highlighted by others. It will hurt the continuity of on offense that could have score some points here. I don't trust Hargreaves against those weapons, and, aside from the weird center swapping, Cuba OL is good enough to face Camden strong DL. I think Camden offense is gonna see a lot of 3&outs due to strong pressure by Cuba DL, but they have big plays abilitiy and in the end, Brees pulls out the win. 27-21 Camden

14 hours ago, MD4L said:

1. Eric Wood is an above average center playing at about an average level per PFF. What is the issue rotating Joe Berger (a strong center through grades playing RG IRL getting snaps? Joe Thomas has graded out as the top LT to this point and the OL features another elite player in DeCastro. 

Eric Wood is currently the 24th ranked center via PFF.  

#factchecking

uck, im gonna have to come back to this

not sure which is worse, the random center revolving door or jlash trying to convince us Bowser for some reason is a cover LB plus putting his DE's back into coverage consistently (handful of times a game is ok, but you've got two thirds of your defensive scheme devoted to it, even if you did mention majority cover 3)

19 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

uck, im gonna have to come back to this

not sure which is worse, the random center revolving door or jlash trying to convince us Bowser for some reason is a cover LB plus putting his DE's back into coverage consistently (handful of times a game is ok, but you've got two thirds of your defensive scheme devoted to it, even if you did mention majority cover 3)

I just got more into detail about my blitz scheme this week because it was an important part of how I planned to disrupt Cousins. I didn't say my DE's are going to be out in space all game, it's part of the blitz scheme. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Next time I'll do like most of the other write ups and be completely vague about it.

edit to address the bold: And even when I am blitzing, I'm still playing cover 3. That's why a DE would be dropping back into coverage, to fill the LB/S's space covering their intermediate 4th.

17 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

well between bowser or the DE, i think you have a weak portion of your zone there,  On plays where you have both not rushing, i think your zone in those area (which should generally be next to each other) will be really shaky

That's fair to think. Just wanted to be clear a DE wasn't running around in the open field all game. The goal is to make Cousins find that spot before we get to him. I'm counting on a bunch of pretty good pass rushers to do that in this one.

Archived