Mountains Mock 2nd round added

mountainpd

19 hours ago, Trojan said:

I think I want more from the Patriots, like their 2021 2nd also and a number of 2020 late round picks because I think 159 is our latest pick and I want late selections included as we move down. I'm not really feeling Patrick Queen at 23 given we signed two LBs in FA, and I don't think we will play in base defense enough to justify the pick. I think I'd like Jaylon Johnson at 34, but maybe at 23 over Queen and see who dropped to 34.

Just curious since #34 is only two picks past your mock, who would you have us chose?

I thought this trade was a head scratcher as well.  Raiders would want more without question.  Pats I would not make the deal if they had to give more for the pick.  They have to many holes to give away the farm.  OL need at center and tackle. TE what TE! Lost 3 LBs and have you seen our WRs, the best is 34 year old!!!!! Who I might add will be traded.

Edited by m haynes

Cleveland would not trade up for Delpit. He will liekly be sitting there at 41 if they really want him. I think they have their choice of either Delpit or Winfield at 41 if they wish to go Safety and I am not sure Delpit would be that choice in that case.

Like the trade downs for the 49ers but I would personally take different players at both picks. Even though most will state that we need WR and CB if we ended up with this scenario then I would take Thomas in the first and then the Mad Biker in the 2nd. The trenches make this team and we can scheme around the skill players.

Andrew Thomas>>>>>>>>>>>Mekhi Becton

Bengals, Browns, Ravens all trading together...quite unlikely though possible.

Delpit in a trade-up: 🤢🤢🤢

Delpit at 41: 🤢🤢

Delpit in a small trade-down: 🤢

Winfield at 41: *happy Drake meme*

Overall nice work I on the draft. It was just a nightmare for the Browns.

P.S.: If you don't like Thomas at 10, give us a trade-down. There are allegedly multiple teams trying to move up.

• Like 1

I don't see MIA moves up from 5. Trading off other 1st's down the line? Probably, Sure, Ok... I just don't personally agree with the belief of moving up. I think they stay where they are get whatever forced QB everyone thinks they should draft at 5. An injured one or a quiet one, or whatever. too many issues with those players to think moving up is the right move. Everyone is so fearful of LAC moving up in front of MIA....I think they stay put too. They take the other forced/handed to them QB. Why not.... But, again, Stay put @ 5, period. 

Personally, I wouldn't be upset if MIA COMPLETELY skipped QB with their #5 pick altogether. If available, I'd take Simmons or a top tier OLT. Not a popular opinion, but i'm not overly sold on any of them being a top 10 pick. Burrow is interesting, BUT.... only 1 good season. put it all together? that would be awesome and I hope it did for him! But, if I'm trying to be objective, I just see too many IFs wrapped around all of them....

Now I wait for the i "don't know what I'm talking about" folks. LOL!  :) 
PS - Just laugh, it's all fun. I'm excited for the draft. I really am curious to see what MIA does with all that draft capital.... All the guessing stops in a week. :P 

On 4/15/2020 at 1:57 PM, mountainpd said:

11) NYJ - Jerry Jeudy - WR - Alabama

On 4/15/2020 at 1:57 PM, mountainpd said:

42) NYJ - Lucas Niang - OT - TCU    ****TRADE**** Jets trade #48 & #120 to JAX for #42

You hit the needs, but in backwards order.  The drop off the Andrew Thomas to Niang is astronomical.  Give us Thomas in the first and Aiyuk in the second.

WR is deep, and we still have a huge need at OL despite our signings.

OL in the first or CB if Wills, Wirfs, and Thomas are gone, WR or OT if we cannot grab one in the first.