Post your unpopular opinions

paul-mac

Derrick Brown is the 2nd best player in this draft behind Burrow

Denzel Mims is a 2nd-3rd round talent at best, and the raiders draft him as the 1st WR at 12

Grant Delpit is a major bust

Zach Moss is the best RB in this class

Edited by djw4bucs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mek5295 said:

I don't think CeeDee Lamb and Jerry Jeudy are special. I think both have been totally sensationalized because of the position they play. I see scheme and role specific wide receivers. I think Lamb will bust if a team isn't dedicated to using him in creative ways, and I think Jeudy will only put up elite production from within the slot.

I think the trio of Corey Davis/Mike Williams/John Ross as prospects was significantly better than Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs.

I'd also have Ruggs as the top guy. He too is scheme/role specific, but give me that speed, give me those hops, and give me those hands. 

Seems that u have played both sides. 

8 minutes ago, sherm said:

Seems that u have played both sides. 

Not playing both sides. I never said they’re going to be bad, I’m saying they are being severely overrated.  They’re not bonafide #1s that teams can plug and play regardless how their teams use them.

I think Jeudy’s physical limitations are something that people aren’t talking about, but I think his mastery of route running/ability to win against slot corners/Lbs/safeties will result in prolific stats, but then comes the question: what is the value of a slot receiver? Personally, I don’t believe it’s a top 15 pick. 

As for Lamb, I see him as a player on par with Deebo Samuel, who was drafted at the top of the 2nd round last year. SF used him creatively and he put up production, but he’s not the kind of player that I feel is going to succeed no matter how he’s used or what scheme he’s in. 

So I guess I’ll rephrase: while I like Jerry Jeudy and CeeDee Lamb’s strengths, I don’t think they are worthy of top 15 picks because there are aspects of their game which require manufacturing their production. I don’t see them as clear-cut, bonafide #1 receivers the way most of the draft community does. 

17 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Watching Jordan Love struggle to complete bubble throws against off zone coverage is something I didn’t have to worry about with Daniel Jones...or really any QB that has gone in the top 10. Jordan Love has an elite skill set, but is insanely unpolished. Much less polished than Josh Allen, the recent king of unpolish. 

What's the one thing Allen and Love have in common? They both went to small schools with little talent and a piss poor development program. You can't teach the tools and I don't care what issues he had this year under Andersen. Gary Andersen is a ****ty coach and his system does no QB any favors. Get Love into an NFL program and he'll thrive. Kid looked like he didn't wanna be out there this year and I'm not going to knock him for it. That team was terrible.

18 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Hyperbole at it's finest. Not sure how someone could feel comfortable with Herbert but then **** on Love. 

You and I don’t agree on much. However I agree here. If someone hates both Love/Herbert, cool. However how someone can hate Love and not Herbert is almost beyond comprehension for me. Love has all the elite traits to be a Top QB, yes he is Boom or Bust 100%. 

Herbert has horrendous accuracy on all three levels, really subpar pocket presence, and just one of the most inconsistent players I have seen. 

I don’t think Herberts ceiling is high at all. Love, Hurts, and Eason all have higher ceilings than Herbert. 

Although Herbert has the safer floor of all four. Herbert will string you along for five years like Mariota/Winston, show flashes, have one good season, and not get his contract renewed. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

You and I don’t agree on much. However I agree here. If someone hates both Love/Herbert, cool. However how someone can hate Love and not Herbert is almost beyond comprehension for me. Love has all the elite traits to be a Top QB, yes he is Boom or Bust 100%. 

Herbert has horrendous accuracy on all three levels, really subpar pocket presence, and just one of the most inconsistent players I have seen. 

I don’t think Herberts ceiling is high at all. Love, Hurts, and Eason all have higher ceilings than Herbert. 

Although Herbert has the safer floor of all four. Herbert will string you along for five years like Mariota/Winston, show flashes, have one good season, and not get his contract renewed. 

Oh, I 100% understand people having reservations about Jordan Love. I just think it's hypocritical to slander Love and then be good with Herbert. Makes zero sense whatsoever. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Oh, I 100% understand people having reservations about Jordan Love. I just think it's hypocritical to slander Love and then be good with Herbert. Makes zero sense whatsoever. 

Agreed, that’s what I was also getting at. Liking Herbert and Hating Love doesn’t make much sense. 

For reference, here’s what I think of Love vs Herbert

Edited by BayRaider

Mims-WR is the best WR this draft, and a pro bowler.

Hamler-WR is a bust

Antonio Gibson-WR/RB/KR ends up being a top 10 overall player from this class, top 5 in rookie touchdowns produced, and the best skill position value relative to his late 2nd or very early third draft spot. He is a pro bowl alternate. 

Chase Claypool-WR/TE is top 5 among ROOKIE WR production in year 1 (in BOTH YARDS AND TDs).

Regarding running backs, this goes down as one of the best RB classes in recent history that everyone was sleeping on., and had Etienne also come out, it would be arguably among the best classes in history.

Edited by Epyon

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed, that’s what I was also getting at. Liking Herbert and Hating Love doesn’t make much sense. 

For reference, here’s what I think of Love vs Herbert

No one in that thread has expressed a liking for Herbert but not for Love. 

Some examples;

"Herbert because he has a higher floor. Not a fan of either."

"I agree with basically everything from BayRaider. These are quarterbacks #3 and #4 for me but I'd have Love a clear notch above Herbert due to the extreme upside"

"If Love isn’t given a chance to develop I’ll take Herbert"

It's a wash, really.

Both too risky for R1, but they'll be taken there.

My biggest three are obviously:

Yetur-Gross Matos #6 Player

Brandon Aiyuk #21 Player

CeeDes Lamb #23 Player and WR4 overall

I love Gross-Matos game and more importantly, his crazy power/athletcism. Unless he gets absolutely terrible coaching, I see him being a Superstar 4-3 EDGE in the NFL. 

Aiyuk is explosive, can take any route to the house at any time, has good speed and a crazy vertical, very athletic, good hands, and IMO should develop into a Top Playmaking WR. 

You might assume I don’t like Lamb but I still view him as a 1st Round Talent and very good WR. Some people over estimate his skillset. Is he physical? Sure. Big difference from physical and strong. He’s not much stronger than Jeudy, Ruggs, and Jefferson at all. And Lamb played the least amount of Press Coverage of all four, by far. Almost nothing. Matt Miller and several others have expressed deep concern with Lambs ability to defeat press in the NFL. I like Lamb but I feel the Media/Fans are making him what he isn’t.... at least not yet. Maybe if he puts on muscle for a couple of years.