Post your unpopular opinions

paul-mac

5 hours ago, minutemancl said:

The Browns reportedly love him. If they move back, I could see this happening. 

Would be like Feagles on the Eagles or Philly Brown in Philly. 

I hope not. He lacks functional strength and routinely gets pushed off the LOS. He is excellent in pass protection and does a good job of moving laterally in the run game, but his anchor is poopy.

On 4/17/2020 at 10:04 PM, howru8888 said:

If I had my own big board Burrow would be after Tua and Herbert and when we look back at this draft 5-10 years from now I wouldn't be surprised if hes the 5th or 6th best QB to come out

Agreed, Burrow is overrated and will be considered a disappointment for not living up to the his draft position.

I think the Bengals should draft Chase Young personally, but Burrow is good. He will be a very nice pick-up for the Bengals. I just think the Bengals are atrocious and should have blown everything up, taken Chase Young, and been Abhorrent for Lawrence. 

But Burrow isn’t going to be a bust, guys. You can’t watch his tape and logically explain why he won’t be good. 

Burrow is better than Trevor Lawrence. It's really close, though. Something about Burrow is special. He's just so calm and processes things almost flawlessly. Lawrence has the superior physical tools but Burrow is just cerebral AF. He really is the second coming of Joe Cool.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think the Bengals should draft Chase Young personally, but Burrow is good. He will be a very nice pick-up for the Bengals. I just think the Bengals are atrocious and should have blown everything up, taken Chase Young, and been Abhorrent for Lawrence. 

But Burrow isn’t going to be a bust, guys. You can’t watch his tape and logically explain why he won’t be good. 

Agreed about taking Young. But I dont think they suck as bad as you do, fellow AFC North rival fan.

As for Burrow, only Mike Vick had smaller hands, Burrow was subpar his junior season, exploded for one year on one of the most dominant college teams ever, and he has an arrogant attitude that borders on entitlement. I think he is a good QB prospect, but an overrated one. I think his arm is overrated but still more than sufficient, and I don’t think he handles pressure as well as many believe nor does he see the field and process at an elite level like is often attributed to him.

Those are my reasons. His production this one past season was terrific. But he, like Lawrence, have been hyped up well beyond what is actually reasonable, (but not atypical for solid QB prospects).

Edited by DoleINGout