Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
holt_bruce81

2020 Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

I didn't see a thread for the upcoming draft and we're only about a week away. Don't really want to post everything about the draft in either a mock draft or  in the Rams general thread. So figured I would make a thread. Plus mock drafts seem to repeat themselves. Lot of them look the same. Where did the originality go! 

Anyways, this is probably the most excited I've been about the NFL draft in 3 years. Can't wait to see what the Rams do. So I'll start this off by asking a question. What are the top 3 positions you want to see the Rams address during the draft? Mine would be...

1. Offensive Line
2. Running back
3. Wide Receiver

4. Linebacker

Maybe linebacker is so low on my list because this particular draft class just seems very mediocre at that position. There's really none (that realistically the Rams could draft) That I've really fallen in love with. I know everyone in the Rams forum loves them some Akeem Davis-Gaither and I'm sure we end up taking him, justbecause it seems like every year the Rams draft at least 1-2 guys that @jrry32 hypes up. I don't really know what else there is beyond that, but I haven't really watched much "tape" aka youtube videos on the guys in this Class. One guy I did like the first  time I saw him but not so much the second time I saw him was Penn State Linebacker Cameron Brown

The two running backs who I have no doubt would upgrade the run game and I would love at pick #52 would be JK Dobbins and Zack Moss. If neither are on the board at pick #52, I don't mind waiting on an RB. And yes I take Moss at #52. 

The Wide Receiver class seems loaded. Van Jefferson and Tyler Johnson are my favorite mid-round guys. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. OL

2. ILB

3. HB

4. WR

5. EDGE

But I always prefer value (within reason) over need. As for ILB, I like ADG. But I think there will be some great value on Day 3 at ILB (David Woodward, Joe Bachie, Davion Taylor, and Evan Weaver in particular).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

1. OL

2. ILB

3. HB

4. WR

5. EDGE

But I always prefer value (within reason) over need. As for ILB, I like ADG. But I think there will be some great value on Day 3 at ILB (David Woodward, Joe Bachie, Davion Taylor, and Evan Weaver in particular).

1. ILB: I kinda like Kiser, but unsure of him. I LOVE Natrez Patrick. I want him to get a shot at playing time. Reeder should be cut. Young? Who Knows. Howard? Maybe, but not banking.

2. RB: Henderson + Rookie= our running game. Our running game = Goff's success. Draft a guy before round 5.

3. EDGE: I really like Oko and Floyd. Ebukam is a great 3. Polite? Maybe. That's 4.

4. IOL: Whit at LT, Havenstein at RT. Blythe at C. Edwards played well at RG. So LG is up for grabs and I'm cool with Corbett who was a 33# overall pick in 2018 playing LG. If someone drops who shouldn't, then sure pull the trigger.

5. WR: I like Reynolds at #3 cause I think we play alot of 12 personnel. We actually need another TE vs a 3rd WR. I hope Jordan Reed signs before camp starts. Any chance we draft at FB in like round 7? I realize this draft is deep at WR so if someone falls to use in ANY round who shouldn't, yeah let's pull the trigger. Includding Tee Higgins or Pittman. Has to be a rare case though. 

 

This is more fun than mocking. 

Edited by BStanRamFan
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like Brown at RB. I wouldn't mind going into the season with Brown and Henderson. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, I <3 Faulk said:

I really like Brown at RB. I wouldn't mind going into the season with Brown and Henderson. 

Brown and Henderson are solid RBs but neither should stop you from upgrading that position if the chance presents itself. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have they come out and said if Floyd is playing ILB or OLB for us? Obviously his main position is OLB but I thought there were quite a few claiming he was better suited to play the Inside role on this defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Brown and Henderson are solid RBs but neither should stop you from upgrading that position if the chance presents itself. 

I get it. Where we'll be picking though, I'd be hard pressed to find a RB that's an immediate upgrade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, I <3 Faulk said:

I get it. Where we'll be picking though, I'd be hard pressed to find a RB that's an immediate upgrade. 

Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Cam Ackers and Zach Moss would be 3 to name that I fell would be an immediate upgrade to Malcolm Brown especially. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Have they come out and said if Floyd is playing ILB or OLB for us? Obviously his main position is OLB but I thought there were quite a few claiming he was better suited to play the Inside role on this defense. 

They haven't.  He lined up as both at Georgia, but the Bears played him exclusively at OLB.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

1. ILB: I kinda like Kiser, but unsure of him. I LOVE Natrez Patrick. I want him to get a shot at playing time. Reeder should be cut. Young? Who Knows. Howard? Maybe, but not banking.

2. RB: Henderson + Rookie= our running game. Our running game = Goff's success. Draft a guy before round 5.

3. EDGE: I really like Oko and Floyd. Ebukam is a great 3. Polite? Maybe. That's 4.

4. IOL: Whit at LT, Havenstein at RT. Blythe at C. Edwards played well at RG. So LG is up for grabs and I'm cool with Corbett who was a 33# overall pick in 2018 playing LG. If someone drops who shouldn't, then sure pull the trigger.

5. WR: I like Reynolds at #3 cause I think we play alot of 12 personnel. We actually need another TE vs a 3rd WR. I hope Jordan Reed signs before camp starts. Any chance we draft at FB in like round 7? I realize this draft is deep at WR so if someone falls to use in ANY round who shouldn't, yeah let's pull the trigger. Includding Tee Higgins or Pittman. Has to be a rare case though. 

 

This is more fun than mocking. 

Forgot Bobby Evans in the oline convo! I liked what I saw from him and think he could play guard or tackle. Guard seems to be where he'd be jotted into the lineup tomorrow.

 

Way better than mocking. Top needs, listed guys out buy round (roughly) and have our own big board.

Edited by LARams91
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RamsFan24 said:

Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Cam Ackers and Zach Moss would be 3 to name that I fell would be an immediate upgrade to Malcolm Brown especially. 

Akers, Moss and Dobbins are guys I would love in the top 3 rounds. Akers and Moss would probably be had in the 3rd, so I lean towards them. Dobbins would require our 52nd I think.

Edited by LARams91
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So I don't quite understand the love for Tyler Biadasz on this forum. Am I missing something with him? Only watched 2 of his games but he seems no more than a late 4th - early 5th round range. Doesn't seem like the strength is there and when I watched him he seemed to be off balance way to many times. 

Also, side question on another Center...is Sean Polland the next Barrett Jones? 

Edited by holt_bruce81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

So I don't quite understand the love for Tyler Biadasz on this forum. Am I missing something with him? Only watched 2 of his games but he seems no more than a late 4th - early 5th round range. Doesn't seem like the strength is there and when I watched him he seemed to be off balance way to many times. 

Also, side question on another Center...is Sean Polland the next Barrett Jones? 

Depends on which season you watched of his.  His 2018 tape and his 2019 tape are staunchly different.  In 2018 he was flat out dominant.  He regressed in 2019, with no known injury to explain it, but he was also the only senior on an OL that had been blown to pieces by guys who graduated/got drafted and left him surrounded by a ton of first-year starters.  It doesn't excuse his regression, but it offers some explanation for it.  None of us are advocating for him in the 1st, but he's a very solid Day 2 selection at this point.  I have Ruiz and Hennessey firmly ahead of him.  And, similar to @jrry32, I have him on similar footing to Cushenberry, I just project Biadasz as a better scheme-fit for us than Cushenberry.

To the second bit, is Pollard being pushed up by the success of his team?  Definitely.  But a big part of the reason Barrett busted so hard - and honestly never should have been drafted in the 4th round - was because of accumulate injuries that destroyed any functional athleticism he had.  He was never the most physically gifted dude, but he got by on smarts and grit. That Lisfranc injury before even getting to the league was just killer for him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Depends on which season you watched of his.  His 2018 tape and his 2019 tape are staunchly different.  In 2018 he was flat out dominant.  He regressed in 2019, with no known injury to explain it, but he was also the only senior on an OL that had been blown to pieces by guys who graduated/got drafted and left him surrounded by a ton of first-year starters.  It doesn't excuse his regression, but it offers some explanation for it.  None of us are advocating for him in the 1st, but he's a very solid Day 2 selection at this point.  I have Ruiz and Hennessey firmly ahead of him.  And, similar to @jrry32, I have him on similar footing to Cushenberry, I just project Biadasz as a better scheme-fit for us than Cushenberry.

Yeah the two games I watched was from 2019. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Have they come out and said if Floyd is playing ILB or OLB for us? Obviously his main position is OLB but I thought there were quite a few claiming he was better suited to play the Inside role on this defense. 

I for sure have been one of (maybe the only) posters pushing the idea of Floyd at ILB for us. Now I have no clue if he will be, I just think his talents better translate there, and he was out of position in Chicago. But I will say, the fact that we haven’t come out and touted him as the ‘answer’ to our EDGE problem might signal that they see his versatility, and might plug him at either spot, depending on what we end up with in the draft (or other Vets that might be cut later on). 
 

Floyd is probably lining up as an EDGE guy for us, but the off chance that we end up with a Day 1 impact guy (like a Baun) we have the ability to slide Floyd inside and allows us to get our best talent on the field for the most amount of snaps

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...