2020 Draft Thread

holt_bruce81

My thoughts that no one asked for:

I can't be the only one that likes the 3rd and 4th picks better than the first two...

Akers - Has the regime not learned about early investments in running back? Todd Gurley investment was a costly mistake that should haunt Les Snead and Co. Instead, drafting a RB with your most valuable pick and essentially making the 3rd round pick from the last draft a sunk cost. Another reason why drafting backs this early is never a good idea. Love Akers as a player though, and had him controversially over Dobbins.

Jefferson - I have very vivid flashbacks of this pick to the 2017 draft. Passing on young/dynamic Chris Godwin for the old/twitchy Cooper Kupp. This time, we passed on Denzel Mims (#1 comp. to Godwin) for Van Jefferson. It's deja vu. Not a fan and its a hard sell in one of the strongest receiver classes we have ever seen. Jefferson is low percentile across the board on the athleticism and production spectrum and is quite frankly an underwhelming prospect.

-The redeeming Terrell's; where the draft was saved-

Lewis - This is how you attack the middle rounds. Love the positional value, love the fit, love the risk, and ultimately love the prospect. While his only other knock is his struggle against top talent, it will be Brandon Staley's first project as DC to put into a position to succeed. 

Burgess - The best pick the Rams made considering the value. Burgess is an uber athletic DB that can fill many different roles on the defense year 1. Big enough to cover tweener TE's and quick enough to cover receivers, the Burgess profile is hard to dislike. Went unanimously later than anyone expected.

-The rest- 

Hopkins - Like the athlete and the production. One of the better TE profiles in this weak class. However, I wish McVay would utilize the athletic TE that is already on the roster, but that's a conversation for another day.

Fuller - I like betting on Ohio State players at any point in the draft. Although like many have said, not sure what there is to like on the profile. Fuller is here to provide safety depth and fight for a role on special teams.

Johnston - Instinctive, "try hard" interior backer should find a depth role on the team. Hard to argue the pick.

Sloman - In Bonamego we trust?

Anchrum - Can't say I agree with not addressing the offensive line until the 7th round. I'm not asking for a repeat of 2015 where the Rams just picked offensive linemen to fill a need and ignoring player value, but at least Anchrum provides a solid value here. Should be able to naturally translate from T to G at the NFL level.

Around the NFL:
Thought the Browns, Bucs, and Panthers deserve the highest grades in the league.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

Jefferson - I have very vivid flashbacks of this pick to the 2017 draft. Passing on young/dynamic Chris Godwin for the old/twitchy Cooper Kupp. This time, we passed on Denzel Mims (#1 comp. to Godwin) for Van Jefferson. It's deja vu. Not a fan and its a hard sell in one of the strongest receiver classes we have ever seen. Jefferson is low percentile across the board on the athleticism and production spectrum and is quite frankly an underwhelming prospect.

Don't come here talking bad of Cooper Kupp lol

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

He's an outlier in the "pristine route-runner, QB on the field" types that pan out in the NFL. At least he dominated his competition and had gawdy production at EW.

Mims hands are very questionable. I'd rather take a guy who can catch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I’m leaving the draft thinking Bill Devaney was in charge of every pick.. I like 2/3 guys out this whole draft. And with 4 picks in the second and 3rd I expected we plug in impact guys. 

We came out this draft with maybe one starter. 

Akers-Starter

Jefferson- WR3 competing with Reynolds

Lewis- Potential starter

Burgess- 3rd safety and Nickel is a starter

• Like 3