2020 Draft Thread

holt_bruce81

3 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

What do we think about bringing Andy Dalton and/or Cam Newton as back up?

I'd rather not listen to the media heads question whether it's time to bench Goff every time he has a down game. 

If they would come as a strict back up, fine, but I don't think we have the money it'd take to spend on having them in that role. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

I'd rather not listen to the media heads question whether it's time to bench Goff every time he has a down game. 

If they would come as a strict back up, fine, but I don't think we have the money it'd take to spend on having them in that role. 

I don’t care for the media or critics. But I think someone who’s a capable backup is important nowadays 

I don’t think he’d lose his spot but it would bring out the best in Goff

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Yeah if we brought in Cam Newton it would be a circus and I'm not about that. I'd rather see the guys we picked up in UDFA battle it out with Walford.

I think Bryce Perkins could be a huge project, but well worth it with McVays knowledge. Maybe he steals something from Payton's playbook and makes him our Taysom Hill.

• Like 2

Chris Simms on ProFootball talk right now PRAISING the Rams for taking Terrell Lewis in the 3rd. Said he has superstar potential and could be a Jonathan Abraham.

Also spoke very highly of our D-Line and said our front 7 could be scary.

Brockers-Robinson-Donald

Floyd-Kiser-Howard-Oko/Lewis

6 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

I don’t care for the media or critics. But I think someone who’s a capable backup is important nowadays 

I used to think this same way, but have come to the realization that its a completely overblown position. Still important, but vastly overvalued

You would have to have an EXTREMELY special team to succeed in the long term with a Backup QB, but for 90%+ of teams, if you are counting on a backup QB to take you anywhere, you might as well just pack it up

Backup QBs are to hold a team afloat for a few weeks, going like .500 while your starter heals/comes back. You cant lean on a backup QB for a playoff run. And guys like Bortles are perfect for that

Not to mention, those type of guys (Cam/Dalton) didnt have much guaranteed monies left on their deals, so they are still looking to cash in for this season, not like Blakes situation last year

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Also spoke very highly of our D-Line and said our front 7 could be scary.

Brockers-Robinson-Donald

Our Front 3 is potentially Dominant, very scary for any offense, toss in Floyd as the 4th guy and Id put them up against any other Front in the league.

The entirety of the Front 7 still has much more to prove, but has plenty of potential

• Like 2

9 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Our Front 3 is potentially Dominant, very scary for any offense, toss in Floyd as the 4th guy and Id put them up against any other Front in the league.

The entirety of the Front 7 still has much more to prove, but has plenty of potential

I’m sad that we haven’t found a super star psss rusher to help Donald. He’s asked to carry our whole Dline lol. 

9 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I’m sad that we haven’t found a super star psss rusher to help Donald. He’s asked to carry our whole Dline lol. 

Lewis has the potential to be a super star if he stays healthy. He possibly would’ve been a top 16 pick had he not had injury issues.

I just watched all of this. Interesting to see these scouts point of views and what goes into the drafting the players we got.

At the end Les does a Q&A and says trading back and missing out on Bobby Wagner in the 2012 draft was one of his biggest missed oppurtunities. Now has a "Bobby Wagner Rule" if a player is there you really want don't risk trading back and missing out.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RamRod said:

I just watched all of this. Interesting to see these scouts point of views and what goes into the drafting the players we got.

At the end Les does a Q&A and says trading back and missing out on Bobby Wagner in the 2012 draft was one of his biggest missed oppurtunities. Now has a "Bobby Wagner Rule" if a player is there you really want don't risk trading back and missing out.

Funny I talked about this a few days/ weeks ago. 

18 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

This whole forum was big on Bobby if I remember correctly. We were all pretty stunned/bummed.

Don't really do the mock draft thing anymore but I had us getting him in some mocks that year. Even worse he went to a division rival.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Anybody notice Anchrum is now wearing 72 after Pace's response to him wearing 76?

The Team should of never offered up the number. Orlando Pace is one of the best players ever to wear a Rams uni, the number shouldn't be touched. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

The Team should of never offered up the number. Orlando Pace is one of the best players ever to wear a Rams uni, the number shouldn't be touched. 

Not the kids fault honestly. 100% on the team. Not to mention Anchrum is probably 21. Pace stopped playing for the Rams when he was 10 and we were in our abysmal streak.