2020 Draft Thread

holt_bruce81

I just ran a 2nd round Mock on TDN and ended up with Shenault & Okwara.  Would anyone be upset with that?  Really considered Hennessey to plug into C and Dobbins, but went with the best Edge on the board, even though I think he compares to someone we already have on the roster and don't use, Okoronkwo.  Would hope that Moss and/or Dye is still there at the pick in the 3rd.  Sadly, I went with my gut and had Gay Jr. go in the 2nd, but I'd love that pick anywhere in our draft.

I don't mind drafting a RB but not in a trade up and not today. 

I remind you that we already trade up to get Henderson last year. So i would be upset if we waste our picks to trade up and get another RB. 

We have so much needs to fill. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flounch said:

I don't mind drafting a RB but not in a trade up and not today. 

I remind you that we already trade up to get Henderson last year. So i would be upset if we waste our picks to trade up and get another RB. 

We have so much needs to fill. 

Yeah I'm definitely not trading up for a Running back. 

16 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Yeah I'm definitely not trading up for a Running back. 

if it's for Swift and it only costs us our compensatory #104, I wouldn't hate it. Swift to be used like CMC and henderson in the backfield is just scary.

Woods-Kupp-Higbee-Henderson-Swift on the field at once is just horrifying for defenses to think of. McVay would have a field day.

• Like 1

I just don't see anything special out of Swift honestly.  I think Moss is the better back.  CEH and Taylor as well.  Heck, I think Akers is on his level too.  Would be ultra upset if we traded one of our day 2 picks for him.  I really am not too excited about using a 2nd rounder on one either.  Praying for Gay Jr and Shenault/Higgins today.  That would fill 2 HUGE needs.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

if it's for Swift and it only costs us our compensatory #104, I wouldn't hate it. Swift to be used like CMC and henderson in the backfield is just scary.

Woods-Kupp-Higbee-Henderson-Swift on the field at once is just horrifying for defenses to think of. McVay would have a field day.

Yeah, I don't think Swift is the type of RB you move up for. There's like 3 guys right now that I'd be ok with the Rams trading up for. 

3 hours ago, Flatlyner said:

I just don't see anything special out of Swift honestly.  I think Moss is the better back.  CEH and Taylor as well.  Heck, I think Akers is on his level too.  Would be ultra upset if we traded one of our day 2 picks for him.  I really am not too excited about using a 2nd rounder on one either.  Praying for Gay Jr and Shenault/Higgins today.  That would fill 2 HUGE needs.

It's not that I don't think Swift is talented, but I do think he benefited a ton from UGA's line and scheme (at this point UGA has a lot of parallels with Wisconsin in that respect), and I feel like he's more redundant on this roster than other backs would be.  Not sure I love the fit of Akers either, but I do like the fact that he produced like he did behind arguably the worst OL of any "major" FBS program and without a QB worth batting a lash at.  I'm curious as the whether they'll be wary of Moss' injury history given what we just went through with Gurley and the propensity for players who were injured a decent amount on college to end up injured fairly regularly as pros.

I do think if Les has decided that Davis-Gaither is one of "his guys" he may end up spending the second 2RP on him because of the damn early run on off-ball linebackers.  It's really the only facet of how the picks have fallen in this draft so far that hasn't been beneficial to us.

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Package one 2nd and 3rd to trade up for Matos, package the other pair for Josh Jones. Will never happen (and probably shouldn't), but I'm here for it. 

That would not be a good idea.  We need cheap good players, not less of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flatlyner said:

I might be uninformed, but who is Matos?  I've not heard that name and not sure why we'd be trading up for him.  Josh Jones I understand.

Yetur Gross-Matos. I follow Penn State and we always just say Matos since it's easier.