2020 Draft Thread

holt_bruce81

Just now, jrry32 said:

I have to trust McVay. Because I hate TEs who play soft, and Hopkins played soft imo.

Hopkins was quoted at the Senior Bowl I think saying the Rams viewed him as a tandem with Higbee. 

I think we move Everett and get back into the 5th round. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Hopkins was quoted at the Senior Bowl I think saying the Rams viewed him as a tandem with Higbee. 

Might be. That would help our cap situation.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

They must like our ILBs. Maybe they see something in Travin Howard or Natrez Patrick or Kenny Young. I dunno.

Is Floyd playing at ILB ?  

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

Was Everett that bad last year to replace him this year ? 

5 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

Did we forget what our needs were? Our online killed us last year and we have no linebackers. We seem to be regressing while the rest of division is looking better. Just my opinion

Huuuu danger incoming

• Like 1

We need to compete in the trenches. Our trenches are pathetic for the most part on offense. The key is to have absolute hogs on the online so you don't have to waste 1-2nd round picks on a running back. Kinda like the 49ers, ya know? Who are their running backs? We did nothing to make our oline better this off season. We're gonna struggle next year I can already see it. 

Edited by RamPackFan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

Did we forget what our needs were? Our online killed us last year and we have no linebackers

Ok this is how I feel about the OL situation. The Rams brought back Whitworth and Blythe. They drafted Allen, Noteboom (both got injured last season) then drafted Edwards and Evans. They traded for Corbett who was the 33rd overall pick and they still have Havenstein whom they gave a long term contract too years ago. Now the issue besides injuries last season for the Rams was youth and lack of chemistry. The Rams have one of the best OL coaches in the NFL in Kroemer. He has talented but young guys to work with. We dont know if those guys will take a step forward in 2020. We dont know how the chemistry will look like moving forward. Unless you are looking at a stud OL or think the guy on the board is better than what you have on your team then lets just trust that the Rams will see what they have. Last year they got a good look at Edwards, Evans, and Corbett but it wasnt too much of a good look all considering they wasnt in the starting lineup for most of the season. They didnt get a good look at Noteboom or Allen because they got hurt. So to say the Rams havent invested in the OL is insane because they have. Its not letting these guys develop and getting some chemistry. Im assuming they will draft a few OL guys with the picks they have coming up but they are telling you that they like what they have already. Those guys just need continued development, gain some chemistry playing together, and health in regards to Noteboom, Allen, and even Havenstein. 

Just now, RamPackFan said:

We need to compete in the trenches. Our trenches are pathetic for the most part on offense. The key is to have absolute hogs on the online so you don't have to waste 1-2nd round picks on a running back. Kimda like the 49ers, ya know? Who are their running backs? 

Counter point: who were the studs on their o-line last year? They just competed really well as a unit. 

And btw down the stretch our oline didnt play all the bad. Even the broadcasters were raving how Edwards and Evans stepped in and was doing great things for the Rams on that right side. Blythe was a plus a center. If I can recall when the Rams played the Seahawks and Niners down the stretch those teams were getting little to no pressure on Goff because the oline was doing a good job because they started to develop some sort of chemistry because the Rams finally had a set rotation every week and not having to put a different guy out there due to injury. So again the Rams must like what they have and last time I check its about development and chemistry on the oline unless you can find a stud that you just cant pass up.

As for the Hopkins pick, at first I was like I dont get the pick but then after hearing what Charles said about him in terms of the only thing he needs to clean up is stop looking ahead before he catches the football. If McVay can help him with that because he had 7 drops last season but if McVay can help him with that he will be lethal as a pass catcher and will be a steal in the 4th round. I think he can be help with the drops because he has Kupp, Woods, Higbee, and now Jefferson to help him catch everything thrown to him lol. Plus from what I gathered he is a really good route runner too. Point is I think the Rams looked at last year and said we didnt average 30ppg like we did the previous two years and they werent having it. So all they did was go out and get an explosive back in Akers, a Kupp and Woods clone in Jefferson, and Hopkins who has similar traits to Everett but will be cheaper. I still dont think the Rams trade Everett because you have two move tight ends now and Higbee as you inline tight end to block. That will make this Rams team dangerous because they can pretty much go into any type of formation and will be hard to stop. 

Edited by stl4life07

I'm under impression that it was like last year, people seems to be content with our draft/ management. 

I'm telling you like last year, this OL will be a big big issue.

And now i really don't care about drafting a OL anymore, we are not going to find one that will compete for a starter position in the 6 or 7th round. 

So that's a big disapointment for me in this draft. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flounch said:

I'm under impression that it was like last year, people seems to be content with our draft/ management. 

I'm telling you like last year, this OL will be a big big issue.

And now i really don't care about drafting a OL anymore, we are not going to find one that will compete for a starter position in the 6 or 7th round. 

So that's a big disapointment for me in this draft. 

I think the difference between last year and this year will be just growing pains. I said last year it could take awhile for the Rams oline to get figured out. I didnt even consider injuries to pretty much everyone except Whitworth. It took way longer than expected but even you have to admit the last 4 weeks of the season the Rams oline was playing some good football. Again as I pointed out, the Sehawks and Niners games at the end of the season they got little to no pressure on Goff. So you have to come into this season thinking all those young guys got through their growing pains, will have another year of development and hopefully good healthy to have chemistry week in and week out to play together and they will be at least solid. Sure they might not be world beaters but how many teams in the NFL has amazing olines? Dallas invested a ton of high draft picks and money in their oline and I kept hearing Skip say all season long that the oline wasnt living up to the talent and the investments. So yes Id love for the Rams to have an offensive line like the Colts but they dont but if they just have a solid oline with the scheme McVay has and the talent he has on that side of the ball the Rams will be fine. Again last year was growing pains with the young players mixed in with a ton of injuries that will cripple any team I dont care how great your OL is. My expectations for this upcoming season is the Rams oline will be solid because they ended last season playing solid on the oline and they will be healthy and the young guys should take a step forward because of learning from what happened last season and continued developing their craft.