2020 Draft Thread

holt_bruce81

So I've heard this year there could be a lot more players that enter the Supplemental Draft. When do we start finding out who's entering? And are there any players you think could enter that the Rams would be interested in? Some speculation that Dylan Moses could enter 

17 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

So I've heard this year there could be a lot more players that enter the Supplemental Draft. When do we start finding out who's entering? And are there any players you think could enter that the Rams would be interested in? Some speculation that Dylan Moses could enter 

Given the circumstances I could see that. It would be interesting to see who may declare.

I think until we know who is declaring tough to say which players the Rams would be interested in. If Dylan Moses were to declare I'd go for him with our second assuming the medicals check out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

No i really though he was still on the roster. My bad

It happens. Not a transaction I would've commit to memory either.

That said, we really could use a new PR on the team to give us a spark. Felt like we really haven't had that since Tavon Austin and for those who forgot, he had ALOT of kicks brought back due to flags. I'm curious of Nsimba Webster can carve out a role on this roster. Training camp will be fun to see who makes the team for WR4 and WR5. My early feeling is that we keep Higbee, Everett, and Hopkins and only keep 5 WR. 

39 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Think Akers has a real shot at OROY. 

I actually agree with you if he can win out the 1A spot over Henderson, plus he could snipe all the Goal Line work. 

If he puts up 1200 total yards and 10 TDs, plus we are in playoff contention, could sneak it out

42 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

(Big fan of Queen if you can get those odds while they last)

I really like his skills, but he may get lost in that defense, and its hard as an ILB unless he puts up Kuechly numbers

Especially if Chase Young puts up 10+ sacks, they will just give it to him 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jrry32 said:

@The LBC, I watched Earnest Edwards's highlights. Holy moly, that guy has serious agility. He might just be the returner we've needed for a few years now.

I actually think he's got a chance to make a push for reps as a sub-package receiver too.  It because as little easier to see in his senior season versus his junior season because as a sophomore and junior he was saddled with a QB who just consistently underthrew a ton of balls (it's part of what led Maine to incorporating those WR Throws into the red zone package), but he's really got a knack for tracking the deep ball, gearing down to make the reception, and then double-clutching to hole-shot with his burst for YAC almost instantaneously.   Dude's just got some dog in him too.  That highlight reel only had one such play in it, but I've seen him get scrappy when making contested catches and wrestling balls away from defenders.  He had one in the Colgate game that was on that reel where he gets his hands on the ball, adjusts his body in mid-air to try to rip it away, and in such a way that he ended up coming down butt-first (and with most of his weight) right on the chest and torso of the corner.  Clearly wrapped up, but he turned himself a solid 150 degrees while off his feet to wall off the defender from being able to get a second hand near the ball.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I really like his skills, but he may get lost in that defense, and its hard as an ILB unless he puts up Kuechly numbers

Especially if Chase Young puts up 10+ sacks, they will just give it to him 

3 of the last 10 DROY were ILB's so that helps. If Baltimore is in the playoffs and their defense shows up as top 10, I think he'll be in the running. He'll need to put up the numbers you said, but a few INTs and FF along with a TD or 2 and he's got a shot. 

On 4/28/2020 at 6:38 AM, holt_bruce81 said:

We won't be on him, but Travis Etienne should do this. He should not have gone back to school in the first place. RB only has so many carries and he already has a National Championship. Do what you want to do of course, can't fault him, but just from a pure business perspective.

Like LARAMS91, Dylan Moses I would claim with the 2nd.

• Like 1