BDL 2017 Week 3: Rome Eternals @ Orlando Ospreys

DingoLadd

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Rome Eternals
    • Orlando Ospreys

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions.

Rome Eternals Lineup:

QB Jay Cutler

RB Todd Gurley

H-Back OJ Howard

WR Amari Cooper

WR Michael Crabtree

WR Danny Amendola

LT Jason Peters

LG Ramon Foster

C Brandon Linder

RG Jack Mewhort

RT Riley Reiff

TE  Marcedes Lewis

OW Tedd Ginn Jr

WR Eli Rogers

OL Ryan Ramczyk

TE Austin Seferian Jenkins

RB Adrian Peterson

C/G  Justin Britt

RB Theo Riddick

DE Carlos Dunlap

NT Michael Brockers

UT Dalvin  Tomlinson

DE Dante Fowler Jr

LB CJ Mosley

LB Vincent Rey

CB Prince Amukamara

CB Adam Jones

S  Darian Stewart

S Jahleel Addae

NB Nickell Robey Coleman

Edge Takk McKinley

Edge Hau’oli  Kikaha

DI Malcom Brown

DI Alan Branch

S Pat Chung

CB Marlon Humphrey

CB Janoris Jenkins Q

LB Alex Anzalone

Orlando Ospreys

Offense

QB – Russell Wilson

RB – Carlos Hyde 

WR – Alshon Jeffrey 

WR – Martavis Bryant 

WR – Travis Benjamin

TE – Rob Gronkowski 

LT – Taylor Lewan 

LG – Clint Boling 

C –  Ali Marpet 

RG –  Joel Bitonio

RT – Lane Johnson 

Reserves

RB – Alvin Kamara 

RB – Chris Carson

WR – Sterling Shepard

TE – Zach Miller

OC - Nick Martin

OT – Matt Kalil

Defense

DE –Markus Golden

DT – Dontari Poe 

DT – Ndamukong Suh 

DE – Joey Bosa 

MLB – Bobby Wagner 

WLB – Danny Trevathan 

CB – Jalen Ramsey 

CB – James Bradberry

NCB – Briean Boddy-Calhoun

FS – Tyrann Mathieu

SS – Keanu Neal

Reserves

LB - Jatavis Brown

LB – Christian Kirksey

DT – Danny Shelton

DT – Kenny Clark

CB – Kevin King

EDGE - Tank Carradine

EDGE - Carl Lawson

S – TJ Ward

Rome Gameplan:

Offense

We welcome in an up and coming Orlando squad this week.  We catch a break as Vic Beasley is out for Orlando this week.  We feel we match up well against this defense as Orlando has put a huge investment into its defensive line, but we counter with an excellent offensive line

While our starting lineup may include three wide receivers, we are going to run a lot of two and even three tight end looks at Orlando.  We do this as Orlando has a lot of speed in their defense but not a lot of power outside of the DT duo.  Bosa is an extremely talented pass rusher but he often can get over aggressive and leave room for the running back to go through the edge.  On the other side, I guess it is Tank Carradine?  He’s Tank Carradine.  I’m not gonna go into that.  The other edge player for Orlando is Markus Golden, who is just awful.   Bobby Wagner is a coverage freak but he can get overpowered while Danny Trevathan is simply average at this point in his career.  

So we lean run heavy here with Todd Gurley getting the majority of the carries.  Look for Gurley to get between 25-30 carries.  AP will get a handful, moreso late against a beat on defense.  Riddick gets third down work to give Gurley a breather.  We feel that while talented, this defense is a bit thin on the edges and will get worn out quickly there.

In the passing game we welcome in Jay Cutler.  We recently hired Adam Gase as offensive coordinator so Cutler is gonna kick some ***.  Probably not, but I think in a heavy run, play action offense, Cutler can be quite successful this week.

As far as our pass protection goes, we are leaving the non Bosa tackle one on one against Carradine/Golden.   Left guard Ramon Foster is one of just two left guards to have over 500 pass blocks since the start of 2016 and not allow a sack.  Foster will be our other lineman getting one on one responsibilities. This will allow Linder and Mewhort to double up on Suh.  For Bosa, we will be chipping with either a back or with Howard.  Occasionally Howard will simply double Bosa.  

This playaction scheme should work as the majority of the Osprey secondary, while talented, are young.  We expect to get the safeties to bite a couple times and hit some deep balls with Cooper and Crabtree.  Amendola is our route runner extraordinaire and will work the middle being out chain mover until he gets concussed likely around the third quarter.  When that occurs, Eli Rogers takes over that role.  Teddy Go Route helps to take out a safety on one side of the field running just be fast routes.  For the most part, expect a lot of crisp routes from our wide receivers working off of play action to move the chains slowly and steadily down the field when needed.

In third and long dilemmas, expect us to use some five wide.  We do this to hopefully bring Justin Burris onto the field in the slot.  Burris was destroyed on a couple occasions by Michael Crabtree last week IRL, and luckily we have Crabs here.  If we see Burris, expect him to see a lot of Crabtree in the slot.

TL/DR:  Run, run, run.  Wear down the defense on the edges..  Get chains moving via play action pass.   Couple deep shots when safeties creep up

Defense

Likely without our top corner this week, we will be throwing the kitchen sink at Russell Wilson.  Wilson has not looked very good at all throughout this season and his decision making has been questionable

How do we make life difficult for Wilson?  Basically we are going to be setting the edges with Takk and Dunlap and we will constantly be bringing in a blitzer right up the middle.  Behind this blitz we will be mixing cover two and cover three zones mainly.  We will sporadically be sprinkling in some man, but expect a 65-70 percent zone blitz defense  We feel this is the best option as only Sterling Shepard is a pure route runner for  Orlando.  The rest of this offensive unit depends on their physical abilities to beat man coverage  To beat zone, you must run crisp routes and the QB must have the time to let his WR find the holes in the zone.  If by miracle, Janoris Jenkins plays, we still are going to be blitz heavy as he has struggled with it in real life.  With Jenkins, expect more of a 50-50 man zone variance.  With a veteran heavy secondary, we feel this is the best way to stop Orlando’s passing attack

Orlando has two solid tackles but the LG/C gap has been abysmal for the Ospreys this season and that is where we plan on attacking.  Michael Brockers will line up over the RG and eat up his blocking.  This will allow Tomlinson and our blitzer one on ones with the two other interior players.  Tomlinson took Swanson to school Monday night and was constantly getting pressure up the middle.  Vinny Rey will generally be our second blitzer and takes on Boling, who has been a major part of the Bengals O Line collapse this season.  The Bengals thought they could put him by himself after letting Whitworth go, and he has not rewarded their faith in him.

This tactic should also work well against North South runner Carlos Hyde.  Setting the edges and blitzing the gap should eliminate the run game provided one has the defensive interior to eat up blocks.  Luckily for us, we have a man mean wall.  Defensive tackle Dalvin Tomlinson is off to a hot start with five run stops. He has the fourth-most for an interior defender through two weeks in the past 12 years.  Michael Brockers has always been an extremely good run stopper while Dunlap is no slouch himself on the edge.  With an extra safety starting in the box, it can also help us prevent sweeps and pitches if they occur.

We will rotate in McKinley and Brown liberally for passing downs or if someone needs a break.  Branch is also available as an extra big boy up front.  Kikaha plays inside in a NASCAR look for third and longs

TL/DR-  Blitz the hell out of Wilson up the middle as he has struggled with pressure IRL.  Mix some man in with majority zone.  Set the edges and contain big plays.

Orlando Gameplan:

Offense

The goal on offense is to attack that front 7. We plan on running the ball early and often and also use our RBs in the pass game. Our offense this week will feature Gronk as a huge mismatch against Rome’s linebackers. We’ll mix in some two TE sets with Zach Miller to keep them from doubling on Gronk. At WR we plan on keeping the defense honest by featuring a vertical game plan with a lot of go, post and corner routes. To supplement this gameplan Travis Benjamin will be inserted into the staring lineup opposite Martavis Bryant to kill Rome with speed on the outside, Alshon will move back to the slot and feast over the small Nickel Roby Coleman or whatever LB they chose to try and cover him with. Russell Wilson should have a career day with the mismatches we provide on offense.

Defense

The loss of Vic Beasley is huge for any team. Markus Golden will get the start in his place with Carl Lawson and the new Tank Carradine rotating in at EDGE. To make up for this loss our defense plans to feature a ton of blitz packages to harass Eli and force turnovers. Wagner and Trevathan will be focused on keeping Gurley in check. To match up with our blitzing scheme there will be some changes in our secondary as well. Jalen Ramsey will continue to lock down the #1 WR (in this matchup, Amari Cooper) across from the Bradberry. Briean Body-Calhoun gets promoted to Nickel CB after strong play his first two weeks to take advantage of those Eli ducks that will be thrown once he’s under pressure.

Overall we think our offense will be way too much for Rome to handle and playing from behind against a blitzing opportunistic defense will be their downfall.

11 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

wait a minute, orlando's lineup and write up are different than what I read at first yesterday.  what gives

9 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

for the record the starting secondary was Mathieu at nickel with McLeod and Neal at safety

ooooOoooOoooO someone tried to bamboozle you!

Just now, Jlash said:

ooooOoooOoooO someone tried to bamboozle you!

there was a part of the write up about them getting their three best secondary players on the field...blah blah blah.

now suddenly they are hyping of this calhoun person after his "strong play"   No, you just realized McLeod was hurt, perhaps read my stuff and switched it

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Also can you explain this "NASCAR" thing you keep putting in your gameplans? It annoys me, I don't know why but it does.

Sure, when the giants had their last super bowl run, they used the package.  

they would put their two  bigger defensive ends on the interior in pass rushing situations and called it their NASCAR look because they were all fast.  They would line strahan and tuck on the interior with JPP and a guy I don't remember on the outside

It's basically 4 normally edge players coming in to go after the passer all at once.  Normally can only do it with bigger 4-3 DE's

12 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Sure, when the giants had their last super bowl run, they used the package.  

they would put their two  bigger defensive ends on the interior in pass rushing situations and called it their NASCAR look because they were all fast.  They would line strahan and tuck on the interior with JPP and a guy I don't remember on the outside

It's basically 4 normally edge players coming in to go after the passer all at once.  Normally can only do it with bigger 4-3 DE's

I did it week one with Cam Jordan and Trey Flowers

I sent Dingo a PM to update it before the games started on Sunday when they were ruled out, its essentially the same as if I sent it in an hour later than I normally did, which was still before the deadline. I don't see why this matters or why it would weigh heavily on the vote in anyway?

3 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I sent Dingo a PM to updated it before the games started on Sunday when they ruled out, its essentially the same as if I sent it in an hour later than I normally did. I don't see why this matters or why it would weigh heavily on the vote in anyway?

well, changing things after the other team's write up and rosters are posted is kinda shady.  All you'd have to do is just say, with such and such out   I'm starting this guy from my bench.  Thats why we have 8 bench spots a side

it also allows things like we are starting this guy because he is playing well to not be a thing when in fact, you didn't have him starting.  You're just starting him cause your other guy is hurt

Archived