BDL 2017 Week 3: Rome Eternals @ Orlando Ospreys

DingoLadd

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Rome Eternals
    • Orlando Ospreys

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

well, changing things after the other team's write up and rosters are posted is kinda shady.  All you'd have to do is just say, with such and such out   I'm starting this guy from my bench.  Thats why we have 8 bench spots a side

it also allows things like we are starting this guy because he is playing well to not be a thing when in fact, you didn't have him starting.  You're just starting him cause your other guy is hurt

I guess I can understand that but to be honest I didn't look at your gameplan before I PMed him the changes, essentially I removed injured starters and put in healthy players. The only reason the game plan was changed is because McLeod was written into it and no longer playing, nothing about the change takes advantage of possibly seeing a lineup early.

4 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I guess I can understand that but to be honest I didn't look at your gameplan before I PMed him the changes, essentially I removed injured starters and put in healthy players. The only reason the game plan was changed is because McLeod was written into it and no longer playing, nothing about the change takes advantage of possibly seeing a lineup early.

the thing is, we can't possibly know that one way or the other.   Dingo shouldn't have let you change it  irregardless

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

the thing is, we can't possibly know that one way or the other.   Dingo shouldn't have let you change it  irregardless

If it was that bad i'm sure that Dingo wouldn't have changed it, only the defensive write-up was changed and it was due to an injured player being mentioned in it. Clearly in my small paragraph there's no "match-up" that i'm taking advantage of. I'm targeting Eli and Gurley, both who were and should have been in your lineup.

As a game thread creator I try to post lineups and gameplans the latest I can, but it usually comes out before 7pm. If someone has a last minute change (before 7pm of course) in their lineup due to an injury, I'm ok with it. Any change in the writeup/lineup due to strategy is not allowed, at least for my games, after the opponent gameplan is available.

@DingoLadd can you detail us what was changed in the lineup/gampelan and check if that's ok or not?

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

I'll state that my initial gameplan was submitted around 11 ish and the changes I sent to Dingo were sent around 12 ish, both well before the 7pm deadline (I thought it was before 1pm?)

Ted's in a different country.

12 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I'll state that my initial gameplan was submitted around 11 ish and the changes I sent to Dingo were sent around 12 ish, both well before the 7pm deadline (I thought it was before 1pm?)

and honestly, i wouldn't even have cared had they both not been posted already.  I generally do the same thing.  But after they get posted, we can't let anyone change anything, injuries or not

2 hours ago, TedLavie said:

As a game thread creator I try to post lineups and gameplans the latest I can, but it usually comes out before 7pm. If someone has a last minute change (before 7pm of course) in their lineup due to an injury, I'm ok with it. Any change in the writeup/lineup due to strategy is not allowed, at least for my games, after the opponent gameplan is available.

@DingoLadd can you detail us what was changed in the lineup/gampelan and check if that's ok or not?

To make sure I'm entirely transparent I'll post his PMs word for word. I adjusted his gameplan since it was more or less minor changes because of injuries.

"Can you please move marpet to starting center and add bitonio to starting guard, please remove Swanson all together. Also please move Mathieu back to starting safety in place of McLeod and put brien boddy-Calhoun in the nickel cb. I'll follow this up with a corrected defensive writeup"

"

The loss of Vic Beasley is huge for any team. Markus Golden will get the start in his place with Carl Lawson and the new Tank Carradine rotating in at EDGE. To make up for this loss our defense plans to feature a ton of blitz packages to harass Eli and force turnovers. Wagner and Trevathan will be focused on keeping Gurley in check. To match up with our blitzing scheme there will be some changes in our secondary as well. Jalen Ramsey will continue to lock down the #1 WR (in this matchup, Amari Cooper) across from the Bradberry. Briean Body-Calhoun gets promoted to Nickel CB after strong play his first two weeks to take advantage of those Eli ducks that will be thrown once he’s under pressure."

6 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Obviously I would have made an entire different gameplan had I waited to find out near game time that Jenkins was healthy.  I think we need to judge on his original lineup which also didn't have bitonio listed at all 

It had him listed as a reserve, I shifted him into the starting lineup and took him off the bench. 

I liked both game plans. Another match up with two teams strong in the trenches. It makes it much more fun to read a game plan where one team isn't severely handicapped by something. I think the determining factor for me is Orlando's willingness to air it out after working a strong run game, and while Rome in theory has a solid game plan in that area to combat, I don't think he's got all the talent to execute it. Addae and Stewart aren't capable of holding up all game, and even though Jenkins played, he didn't start and he played hurt, and Prince Amukamara is working back from injury and still isn't playing much more than 50% of the teams snaps on defense. I think the match ups, by and large favor Orlando in this one. 

37 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I liked both game plans. Another match up with two teams strong in the trenches. It makes it much more fun to read a game plan where one team isn't severely handicapped by something. I think the determining factor for me is Orlando's willingness to air it out after working a strong run game, and while Rome in theory has a solid game plan in that area to combat, I don't think he's got all the talent to execute it. Addae and Stewart aren't capable of holding up all game, and even though Jenkins played, he didn't start and he played hurt, and Prince Amukamara is working back from injury and still isn't playing much more than 50% of the teams snaps on defense. I think the match ups, by and large favor Orlando in this one. 

67 percent of the snaps actually and he missed a couple with a cramping issue

Archived