Your All-Niner Team

757-NINER

On 4/16/2020 at 6:44 AM, 757-NINER said:

I'm sure this may have been done before but I was curious as to who is on everyone's all time, All-Niner team. I never really gave it much thought until a couple of days ago when a co-worker who is a Steelers fan boasted that his all-time Steelers team would be the greatest team ever (which I vehemently disagreed with). Now I wasn't alive to see guys like Joe Perry, Y.A. Tittle and Bob Sinclair play though I do know their history with the team and in the league. But there's no right or wrong with this....just your own personal take on who makes the cut as your All-Time Niner at each position.

Now my only criteria is that they should have played at least 5 seasons with the Niners. 

And you get one alternate player for both offense and defense...any position you choose.

For defense, I went with a 3-4 because I'm a 3-4 guy and we won the majority of our SBs with that defense but if you want to go with a 4-3, so be it. Now with all that being said...

QB - Joe Montana

FB - Tom Rathman

HB - Frank Gore

TE - Brent Jones

WR1 - Jerry Rice

WR2 - Terrell Owens

RT - Steve Wallace

RG - Jesse Sapolu

- Randy Cross

LG - Guy McIntyre

LT - Joe Staley

Alternate - John Taylor

NT - Michael Carter

LDE - Bryant Young

RDE - Justin Smith

LOLB - Dave Wilcox

ILB - Navarro Bowman

ILB - Patrick Willis

ROLB - Charles Haley

SS - Tim McDonald

FS - Ronnie Lott

CB - Jimmy Johnson

CB - Eric Wright

Alternate - Merton Hanks

K - Mike Cofer

- Andy Lee

Some notes....

Really debated between Wilcox and Julian Peterson but in the end I had to give the nudge to the HOFer. Bowman beat out Ken Norton, Jr. ever so slightly also. 

Cofer? He was horrrrrrrrible. 

On 4/16/2020 at 10:02 PM, NinerNation21 said:

Yeah, too bad Jose "ole reliable" Cortez didn't meet the criteria LOL

On 4/16/2020 at 9:35 PM, Ftn49 said:

- Mike Cofer- There really arent that many options with the 5 years thing for this position

Guys...really???

Ray Wersching | Al Golub Photography Archive

Edited by PapaShogun

4 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

No he wasn't. He even made All-Pro one year. He was really inconsistent towards the end there in the early 90's but he was money his first 4 years with us.

He was good his first couple of years, but awful his last 4 years, never even hitting 70% again. Ray was way more consistent, and his stellar performance in Super Bowl 16 puts him over the top for me. But to each their own.

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1