NFL Draft Favorite Recipes!

Nick_gb

I know a good bit of us typically go out for the NFL Draft whether it be to a Sports Bars, chain restaurant like Buffalo Wild Wings or even the NFL Draft live! However, this year is unlike any other year and all of us are going to be forced to watch it from home and with that, we're going to have to cook for ourselves. So, I figured I would make this thread for us all to share some of our favorite game time / NFL Draft time dishes and try and make this quarantined NFL Draft experience a little better for each of us by possibly trying new dishes! 

• Like 4

1. Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Burgers

• 3 Pounds Ground Beef (80/20)
  • Pickled Jalapenos
  • Cream Cheese
  • Salt & Pepper

Directions:

Step 1:

I use a 3-in-1 burger press. However, you can make yours how you please. 1/3 Pound patty and create a sizeable indent in the middle usually you just want the middle pressed in with a nice wall around it using the patty. Make as many of these as you can with 3 pounds (5-6), I know that seems heavy but you'll need to use the leftover meat to create the topper to mold into the patty later on.

Step 2: 

Soften Cream cheese in the microwave and mince the pickled Jalapenos up. Place them in with the cream cheese once softened and stir. 

Step 3:

Place cream cheese mixture into each burger bowl you created stuffing it to the top of the wall

Step 4 (Optional):

Place 2 whole pickled Jalapenos on each burger (Do this if you like Jalapenos)

Step 5: 

Create the topper, should usually only take about .20 oz of meat to make. Form a real thin patty in your hand that will cover the burger bowls you created, place it on top then seal it around the edges making sure it looks as 1 complete patty.  Do this for all the burger bowls. 

Step 6:

If you have sous vide (I do because I make a ton of stuffed burgers and LOVE how they turn out in Sous Vide) then place them in a ziplock bag or use your food saver to get an airtight seal and place them in the sous vide. Once done, place on grill for proper browning or use a culinary torch to char it. Otherwise, these burgers will be thick and when you grill them you'll want to sear each side over direct heat (1 minute each side) and then slow cook them as they are thick burgers and will be raw otherwise.

Note: I set my Sous Vide temp to 133 degrees for these burgers

2. Shrimp on the Barbie

• 1 Bag of Peeled and Deveined Raw Shrimp
  • 1 Lime
  • Cajun Seasoning
  • 2 Sticks of unsalted butter
  • Tinfoil

Step 1: 

Make a boat using tin foil, this will hold your shrimp while it's on the barbecue! 

Step 2:

Poor shrimp in the boat it needs to be big enough to hold all of the shrimp you got, so make it sizeable compared to the count per pound you went with.

Step 3:

Cut the 2 sticks of butter up in small chunks and place around the shrimp equally distributing it in the bowl 

step 4:

Season with Cajun seasoning

Step 5:

Place over direct heat

Step 6:

Once the butter has fully melted season with cajun seasoning and squeeze the lime juice on top. Make sure to stir the shrimp around for even cooking at this point!

Step 7:

Remove once Shrimp has turned pink!

Next Recipe to come: Stuffed Bruschetta burgers 

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Frozen meatballs + chili sauce + grape jelly in a crockpot = GOAT meatball recipe 

We’ve done these and they were well received.

Easiest one I know... 

Lil smokies wrapped in bacon and skewered with a toothpick, put in a crockpot and covered with brown sugar, on low for 4 hours. The longer they’re in there the more crispy they get, the sugar starts to harden on the  bacon. It’s quite good.

Super easy, you can make them for a dozen people for under $20, and people love them.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 5

I posted 2 of mine and will update the Bruschetta Stuffed burgers a bit later (about to play some Warzone). However, the burgers are a little more time consuming but they're worth it and all we have is time on our hands right now boys!

• Like 2

As a Browns fan, you typically wander into the restaurant full of excitement and possibilities to get a centerpiece player in the Top 10. From there, you order a delicious appetizer while you're waiting for the typical 30-90 minutes for that draft spot on your selection.

You plow through a plate of something like buffalo chicken nachos, mozzarella sticks, or an appetizer sampler while you wait to place your order (Note, WAITING is key here). As the Browns are on the clock, they go to commercial (EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.).

The waitress approaches your table, and you feign a smile while you abruptly say "We aren't quite ready yet, thanks!", which says "I'm trying to be polite, because I'm actually a good person, but this isn't the time, and please don't mess with my food, I'll tip you well."

From there, you see the helmet logo in the bottom of the screen change to one of the 31 other Franchises, as Chris Berman obnoxiously feigns surprise after telegraphing the trade cryptically for the last 8.5 minutes, and you then wait to see the compensation package. While you're waiting to see how far you've traded back and now how late you'll have to stay up on a work night, your excitement and optimism turns to dread, as you see that you got about 80 cents on the dollar for the trade, while missing out on a lottery talent. 

You place an order to go that will reheat well, take it home, and sulk on your couch for the next 2 hours, and then you select someone who is the 3rd-5th best prospect at their respective position, while you see the mediocre highlight tape roll, as the pundits use words like "upside, potential, and raw", which is similar to that order you placed to go, to eat 1/2 at 10:30 PM and the other half for lunch the next day, leaving you unsatisfied on the food and draft ends.

@NateDawg @LETSGOBROWNIES @ET80

• Like 5

You can pair these with practically any brew of your choice.

Fish n chips. You can also use the beer batter for onion rings as well.

Cheesesteaks. I like adding mushrooms and peppers to mine.

Mac n Cheese Bites

Edited by Elky
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As a Browns fan, you typically wander into the restaurant full of excitement and possibilities to get a centerpiece player in the Top 10. From there, you order a delicious appetizer while you're waiting for the typical 30-90 minutes for that draft spot on your selection.

You plow through a plate of something like buffalo chicken nachos, mozzarella sticks, or an appetizer sampler while you wait to place your order (Note, WAITING is key here). As the Browns are on the clock, they go to commercial (EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.).

The waitress approaches your table, and you feign a smile while you abruptly say "We aren't quite ready yet, thanks!", which says "I'm trying to be polite, because I'm actually a good person, but this isn't the time, and please don't mess with my food, I'll tip you well."

From there, you see the helmet logo in the bottom of the screen change to one of the 31 other Franchises, as Chris Berman obnoxiously feigns surprise after telegraphing the trade cryptically for the last 8.5 minutes, and you then wait to see the compensation package. While you're waiting to see how far you've traded back and now how late you'll have to stay up on a work night, your excitement and optimism turns to dread, as you see that you got about 80 cents on the dollar for the trade, while missing out on a lottery talent. 

You place an order to go that will reheat well, take it home, and sulk on your couch for the next 2 hours, and then you select someone who is the 3rd-5th best prospect at their respective position, while you see the mediocre highlight tape roll, as the pundits use words like "upside, potential, and raw", which is similar to that order you placed to go, to eat 1/2 at 10:30 PM and the other half for lunch the next day, leaving you unsatisfied on the food and draft ends.

@NateDawg @LETSGOBROWNIES @ET80

I wouldn’t go in public for a draft.  The inevitable disappointing keeps me at home and less than sober.

Cheeseburger dip....Really Easy!

Grab yourself a block of velveeta cheese.  Little block or big block, depending on how much you want.

Grab some ground beef, or Jimmy Dean pork sausage.

Grab a jar of your favorite salsa.

Fry up your meat.  Set it aside.

Get that Velveeta Cheese into a big bowl and microwave it until it is liquid.  (Stir often)

Add your meat.

Add your salsa.

Microwave again.

Eat with your favorite chip.

Bigger block of Cheese Equals more Salsa and Meat.  No science needed!

• Like 2

Chicken Cheese Dip

Get some canned chicken breast, big can and a little can.  Drain water from chicken, set aside.

8 oz of cream cheese (can be light cream cheese, but let's face it, if you are eating this, you aren't worried about calories.)

8 oz of sour cream (can be light sour cream, but see above.)

1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilis added.  Drain the can of water.

Lots of shredded cheddar cheese or whatever blend you like.

Microwave that cream cheese and sour cream, make it liquid.

Add the drained chicken.  

Add the drained tomatoes.

Microwave some more.

Add in a little salt and garlic for taste.

Eat with your favorite chip.  Quick, easy delicious.  And....can be used as a filling in a tortilla shell and eaten like an enchilada or burrito!

• Like 1