NFL Draft Favorite Recipes!

Nick_gb

Probably going to fry up some buffalo wings. This has generally been my go-to recipe for that:

https://tasty.co/recipe/the-best-crispy-buffalo-wings

For the sauce I generally follow the tried and true Frank's/butter combo but I also like my sauce a little hotter and funkier so I'll generally include a couple of cloves of garlic and serrano peppers as well that I'll heat with the sauce and then blend. Also am a little bit more generous with the cayenne throughout, but obviously that just comes down to your individual preference. Overall have found I can't go wrong with this. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Probably going to fry up some buffalo wings. This has generally been my go-to recipe for that:

https://tasty.co/recipe/the-best-crispy-buffalo-wings

For the sauce I generally follow the tried and true Frank's/butter combo but I also like my sauce a little hotter and funkier so I'll generally include a couple of cloves of garlic and serrano peppers as well that I'll heat with the sauce and then blend. Also am a little bit more generous with the cayenne throughout, but obviously that just comes down to your individual preference. Overall have found I can't go wrong with this. 

Have you tried no batter for the wings? That's my favorite. I let them dry out on a sheet pan in the fridge first. 

The Frank's and butter combo is boring but it's my go to as well. So good. 

Edited by LeotheLion
  • Like 1

Throw  2 packs of philly  cream cheese, 1 can of rotel hot and a cooked pound of hot jimmy dean sausage into a crock pot.

enjoy with pita chips(or any other sturdy chip) when its melted.

Every party i made this at I had to go to the store in the middle to buy a second round and make it again.

Edited by ninjapirate
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Throw  2 packs of philly  cream cheese, 1 can of rotel hot and a cooked pound of hot jimmy dean sausage into a crock pot.

enjoy with pita chips(or any other sturdy chip) when its melted.

Every party i made this at I had to go to the store in the middle to buy a second round and make it again.

Came here to post this. This stuff is so damn good especially for how easy it is to put together. I make it for myself pretty frequently, perfect for any get togethers.

On 4/15/2020 at 3:58 PM, Nick_gb said:

1. Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Burgers

• 3 Pounds Ground Beef (80/20)
  • Pickled Jalapenos
  • Cream Cheese
  • Salt & Pepper

Directions:

Step 1:

I use a 3-in-1 burger press. However, you can make yours how you please. 1/3 Pound patty and create a sizeable indent in the middle usually you just want the middle pressed in with a nice wall around it using the patty. Make as many of these as you can with 3 pounds (5-6), I know that seems heavy but you'll need to use the leftover meat to create the topper to mold into the patty later on.

Step 2: 

Soften Cream cheese in the microwave and mince the pickled Jalapenos up. Place them in with the cream cheese once softened and stir. 

Step 3:

Place cream cheese mixture into each burger bowl you created stuffing it to the top of the wall

Step 4 (Optional):

Place 2 whole pickled Jalapenos on each burger (Do this if you like Jalapenos)

Step 5: 

Create the topper, should usually only take about .20 oz of meat to make. Form a real thin patty in your hand that will cover the burger bowls you created, place it on top then seal it around the edges making sure it looks as 1 complete patty.  Do this for all the burger bowls. 

Step 6:

If you have sous vide (I do because I make a ton of stuffed burgers and LOVE how they turn out in Sous Vide) then place them in a ziplock bag or use your food saver to get an airtight seal and place them in the sous vide. Once done, place on grill for proper browning or use a culinary torch to char it. Otherwise, these burgers will be thick and when you grill them you'll want to sear each side over direct heat (1 minute each side) and then slow cook them as they are thick burgers and will be raw otherwise.

Note: I set my Sous Vide temp to 133 degrees for these burgers

2. Shrimp on the Barbie

• 1 Bag of Peeled and Deveined Raw Shrimp
  • 1 Lime
  • Cajun Seasoning
  • 2 Sticks of unsalted butter
  • Tinfoil

Step 1: 

Make a boat using tin foil, this will hold your shrimp while it's on the barbecue! 

Step 2:

Poor shrimp in the boat it needs to be big enough to hold all of the shrimp you got, so make it sizeable compared to the count per pound you went with.

Step 3:

Cut the 2 sticks of butter up in small chunks and place around the shrimp equally distributing it in the bowl 

step 4:

Season with Cajun seasoning

Step 5:

Place over direct heat

Step 6:

Once the butter has fully melted season with cajun seasoning and squeeze the lime juice on top. Make sure to stir the shrimp around for even cooking at this point!

Step 7:

Remove once Shrimp has turned pink!

Next Recipe to come: Stuffed Bruschetta burgers 

Why did no one tell me Chef Ramsey post here?

Double fried wings.  Use corn starch to coat them, fry them once about 10 minutes for color, then again, at a higher temperature after they've cooled for crunch.

Use whatever sauce, but my go to sauce for most things is a savory mango sauce.  Saute and onion and five or six garlic cloves, all chopped fine, then add a can of ancho chiles in adobo sauce and a bottle of mango puree (the ones in the bottled smoothie section) and simmer for about an hour.  Chop fine a bunch of cilantro into it, and add about a quarter cup of soy sauce, and you have yourself some tasty wings.

This year, probably just having whatever dinner is that night.

• Like 2

A bar classic: pepper poppers. Beauty with these is that these can be prepared the day before.

If you're looking for something simple, grill up some Reuben sandwiches.

reuben-sandwich-3.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by Elky

On 4/16/2020 at 6:16 PM, LeotheLion said:

Have you tried no batter for the wings? That's my favorite. I let them dry out on a sheet pan in the fridge first. 

The Frank's and butter combo is boring but it's my go to as well. So good. 

That’s the buffalo sauce we use at my work😂, only difference is we make whipped roasted garlic butter

• Like 1