NFL Draft Favorite Recipes!

Nick_gb

On 4/16/2020 at 8:50 AM, MWil23 said:

As a Browns fan, you typically wander into the restaurant full of excitement and possibilities to get a centerpiece player in the Top 10. From there, you order a delicious appetizer while you're waiting for the typical 30-90 minutes for that draft spot on your selection.

You plow through a plate of something like buffalo chicken nachos, mozzarella sticks, or an appetizer sampler while you wait to place your order (Note, WAITING is key here). As the Browns are on the clock, they go to commercial (EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.).

The waitress approaches your table, and you feign a smile while you abruptly say "We aren't quite ready yet, thanks!", which says "I'm trying to be polite, because I'm actually a good person, but this isn't the time, and please don't mess with my food, I'll tip you well."

From there, you see the helmet logo in the bottom of the screen change to one of the 31 other Franchises, as Chris Berman obnoxiously feigns surprise after telegraphing the trade cryptically for the last 8.5 minutes, and you then wait to see the compensation package. While you're waiting to see how far you've traded back and now how late you'll have to stay up on a work night, your excitement and optimism turns to dread, as you see that you got about 80 cents on the dollar for the trade, while missing out on a lottery talent. 

You place an order to go that will reheat well, take it home, and sulk on your couch for the next 2 hours, and then you select someone who is the 3rd-5th best prospect at their respective position, while you see the mediocre highlight tape roll, as the pundits use words like "upside, potential, and raw", which is similar to that order you placed to go, to eat 1/2 at 10:30 PM and the other half for lunch the next day, leaving you unsatisfied on the food and draft ends.

@NateDawg @LETSGOBROWNIES @ET80

I was an employee at cedar point during the browns inaugural season after I graduated high school and I watched my steelers beat them on mnf and i did wait to get my bacon cheeseburger fries and Pepsi i went with a few co-workers at TGIF  ( the one that was near the small bridge you go to get to cedar point)  and I of course wore my Kordell Jersey that I still have lol and i had fun talking smack with browns fans they're alot cooler than most think but a few left after the 2nd qtr 

Edited by Chuck80

We usually do pizza and a bunch of appetizers. But the gang won't be coming over due to corona so we are zooming and streaming it live to YouTube. Not that we get any views but we like to look at our reactions from the past. My buddy who's a cowboys fan did a cartwheel when the Giants drafted Daniel Jones. But Im planning on smoking some country style ribs tomorrow.

• Like 1