Cowboys - Build The Board, #33

DaBoys

DALLAS COWBOYS BIG BOARD     

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #33 Player on our big board?

• DE- Curtis Weaver, Boise St
    • CB - Trevon Diggs, Alabama
    • RB - J.K. Dobbins, Ohio State
    • DT - Justin Madubuike, Texas A&M
    • OT - Joshua Jones, Houston
    • CB - Jaylon Johnson, Utah
    • DT - Ross Blacklock, TCU
    • TE - Cole Kmet, Notre Dame
    • RB - Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Clemson
    • WR - Brandon Aiyuk, Arizona St.
    • CB - Kristian Fulton, LSU
    • WR - Laviska Shenault jr., Colorado
    • QB - Jake Fromm, Georgia
    • CB - A.J. Terrell, Clemson
    • LB - Jeremy Chinn, Southern Illinois
    • OT - Austin Jackson, USC
    • QB - Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma
    • DT- Marlon Davidson, Auburn
    • C - Lloyd Cushenberry, LSU

7 days until the 2020 NFL draft.

Which is like the only thing sportsy happening for the next few years maybe.

Enjoy it.

Who is your favorite 2nd round prospect?

@Nextyearfordaboyz, @Calvert28, @WizardHawk, @resilient part 2, @Texas_OutLaw7, @Ace5, @plan9misfit, @matt79511, @acowboys62, @HDsportsfan, @Tony7188, @Northland, @Runaway Jim, @Matts4313, @TVScout, @D82, @CT Cowboy Fan, @eagles suck @CAPJ @flyingmonkey30 @The_Slamman @TheGame316 @SweetFancyMoses @canadaluvsdallas @Lefty

• Like 3

I'm back to Jaylon Johnson. Probably about to pair up with @eagles suck and punch Fulton though. He needs more love

CB - Jaylon Johnson, Utah

Nfl.com has him as the 3rd best CB behind Okudah and Henderson.

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects/CB?college=allColleges&page=1&status=ALL&year=2020

Overview

Boundary bully with an improving skill set to clamp down on WR1s and limit their exposure to the football. Johnson is built for press, with the size, length and athleticism to force receivers to work harder getting into their routes. His eagerness to stay tight to the route leads to inconsistent balance and positioning from time to time, but his foot quickness and agility allow for rapid recoveries. He's equipped to play the deep ball but needs to fully prove himself in that area. He's a physical press corner with off-man ability whose anticipation and ball skills should continue to help him make plays as a CB1 and first-round pick.

dJ actually has him ranked 29th

Jaylon Johnson, CB

Jaylon-Johnson-1.jpg

School: Utah | Year: Junior 

Johnson offers an enticing size/speed combination for the position. He plays a lot of press-bail technique, but also flashes a firm two-hand jam. He is very fluid to open up and has plenty of long speed to carry vertical routes. He also excels when he slides inside to cover the slot. He was rarely challenged down the field in the games I studied. His ball production was outstanding in 2018 and opposing teams chose to avoid him last fall. He is very aggressive versus the run. He closes quickly before coming to balance and delivering firm tackles. Overall, Johnson is very talented and should be a Day 1 starter outside with the potential to cover in the slot as well.

usatsi_11684471.jpg?w=1000&h=646

merlin_17317.0.jpg

Jaylon-Johnson-vs.-Washington.jpg

11022019_uw_171652-1020x793.jpg

Guy is a ball hawk going back to his freshman year. He has a TD each of the last 2 years, and 6 picks... had 11 pass breakups last season 

Edited by DaBoys

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I'm back to Jaylon Johnson. Probably about to pair up with @eagles suck and punch Fulton though. He needs more love

CB - Jaylon Johnson, Utah

Nfl.com has him as the 3rd best CB behind Okudah and Henderson.

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects/CB?college=allColleges&page=1&status=ALL&year=2020

Overview

Boundary bully with an improving skill set to clamp down on WR1s and limit their exposure to the football. Johnson is built for press, with the size, length and athleticism to force receivers to work harder getting into their routes. His eagerness to stay tight to the route leads to inconsistent balance and positioning from time to time, but his foot quickness and agility allow for rapid recoveries. He's equipped to play the deep ball but needs to fully prove himself in that area. He's a physical press corner with off-man ability whose anticipation and ball skills should continue to help him make plays as a CB1 and first-round pick.

dJ actually has him ranked 29th

Jaylon Johnson, CB

Jaylon-Johnson-1.jpg

School: Utah | Year: Junior 

Johnson offers an enticing size/speed combination for the position. He plays a lot of press-bail technique, but also flashes a firm two-hand jam. He is very fluid to open up and has plenty of long speed to carry vertical routes. He also excels when he slides inside to cover the slot. He was rarely challenged down the field in the games I studied. His ball production was outstanding in 2018 and opposing teams chose to avoid him last fall. He is very aggressive versus the run. He closes quickly before coming to balance and delivering firm tackles. Overall, Johnson is very talented and should be a Day 1 starter outside with the potential to cover in the slot as well.

usatsi_11684471.jpg?w=1000&h=646

merlin_17317.0.jpg

Jaylon-Johnson-vs.-Washington.jpg

11022019_uw_171652-1020x793.jpg

Guy is a ball hawk going back to his freshman year. He has a TD each of the last 2 years, and 6 picks... had 11 pass breakups last season 

@DaBoys you have Delpit and 15 and 31.

• Like 1

Who is going to be the man that pounds the table for Ross Blacklock?

On MANY other(Professional?) boards he is already off the table. 

We need DTs(mostly for the future)...

I haven't seen one of you touting this guy yet... what's the deal?

Edited by DaBoys

15 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I like Jordan Elliott. Rather get him in the 3rd if cant get Brown or Kinlaw rd 1.

19 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Been touting him. But he's like a raw version of Jeffery Simmons. All the physical tools in the world but needs a lot of refinement. 

5 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

When does Claypool get added to our voting list?

He is coming up. This draft is loaded with WRs. We have already pushed 5 WRs through I believe.

We still have 3 WRs on the board, Laviska Shenault, Brandon Ayuki, and Tee Higgins. All are considered better prospects by most analysts.

Then there is KJ Hamler, Jalen Reagor, and Michael Pittman Jr. Who all at least have an argument to be the next WR up.

I will definitely add Claypool as the next WR because he has been requested. Just understand there are tons of WRs still.

Which is why I would love to target one at pick 51.

If you believe the BPA isn't one on the list then you can write him in. Others can see it and agree with you and it's possible someone could get put on the board before they make the list

Edited by DaBoys