BDL 2017 Week 3: Long Beach Leprechauns @ Compton Black Panthers

DingoLadd

Who Wins?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Long Beach Leprechauns
    • Compton Black Panthers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/27/2017 at 02:04 PM

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions.

Long Beach Leprechauns:

QB- Aaron Rodgers

RB- Christian McCaffrey

WR- DeAndre Hopkins

WR- Marvin Jones

WR- Cooper Kupp

WR- Adam Humphries

LT- Russell Okung

LG- Joe Thuney

C- Max Unger

RG- Quinton Spain

RT- Bryan Bulaga

RB- Mark Ingram

RB- Jamaal Williams

TE- Dwayne Allen

TE- George Kittle

WR- Sammie Coates

OL- Ty Nsekhe

OL- Andrew Norwell

OL- Brandon Shell

Defense

LE- Cam Jordan

NT- DJ Reader

UT- Javon Hargrave

RE- Trey Flowers

SLB- Clay Matthews

WLB- Deone Bucannon

CB- Trumaine Johnson

CB- Artie Burns

NB- Bradley Roby

FS- Budda Baker

SS- Landon Collins

DE- Cliff Avril

DT- Abry Jones

DT- Stephon Tuitt

LB- De’Vondre Campbell

LB- Joe Schobert

LB Avery Williamson

S- Darian Thompson

S/CB- Kareem Jackson

Compton Black panthers:

QB: DeShone Kizer

RB: Marshawn Lynch

WR: Antonio Brown

WR: Pierre Garcon

WR: Stefon Diggs

TE: Martellus Bennett

LT: Andrew Whitworth

LG: Brandon Scherff

C: Pat Elflein

RG: Larry Warford

RT: Cam Robinson

RB: Matt Jones

RB: Tarik Cohen

RB: CJ Prosise

TE: Coby Fleener

WR: Josh Doctson

TE: Nick Vannett

OG: Brian Winters

OT: Shon Coleman

DE: DeForest Buckner

DE: Corey Liuget

ROLB: Jadeveon Clowney

LOLB: Frank Clark

ILB: KJ Wright

ILB: Tahir Whitehead

DC: Terence Newman

FS: Devin McCourty

SS: Karl Joseph

NC: Bobby McCain

DC: Casey Hayward

DE: Sheldon Rankins

DE: Arik Armstead

OLB: Chris Long

OLB: Pernell McPhee

ILB: Duke Riley

ILB: Dylan Cole

DS: DJ Swearinger

DS: Keith Tandy

Long Beach Gameplan:

We are looking to bounce back from an 0-2 start. The Leprechauns this week travel 12 miles to meet the Compton Black Panthers and their starting QB Deshone Kizer.

Keys on Offense:

The keys for the Leprechauns offense for week three are to spread them out in the passing game taking advantage of mismatches and attack inside and out in the run game

Pass Game Spreading it Out:

Skill Player Matchups:

Our base offense this week will be a four wide set with one back.  There are serious matchups in our favor with both Jason Verrett and Marshon Lattimore out in this game for Compton. We will utilize some empty back sets with McCaffrey splitting out as well. Occasionally we will include a TE in our three wide sets. Hopkins, Jones, Kupp, and Humphries will give Rodgers a lot of options attacking a weak secondary. There should always be a prime matchup for Rodgers to pick on. Rodgers is smart with the football and his ability to see the whole field and look off safeties plus his arm strength will allow us to attack every area of the field. We will stack the routes to provide targets at every level of the field. This will allow Rodgers to have underneath players who excel at route running using quickness and savvy to get open (Humphries and Kupp) in the face of blitzes. Ingram will play a lot this game as a pass protector but also as a receiver out of the backfield. I don’t see how Compton can even attempt to man up with their thin secondary. If they man up with their safeties I will utilize these matchups with quick crossing routes, such as slants, arrows, digs, and outs with my slot receivers and using my outside receivers on deeper and mid routes over the top as I trust them to beat man coverage with limited help over the top from the safeties playing man. If Tahir Whitehead is in on pass plays we will attack his zone or man assignment frequently as he is inadequate in coverage.  For this reason I expect a zone from Compton which all four of my wideouts are skilled at finding open spots and route combinations and will eat it alive. This should be a field day for Rodgers and my passing game.

Oline on Passing Downs:

We are hoping to have Bulaga back this week. If he is back he will start at RT. If he is unable to go Brandon Shell gets the start. Shell has played pretty well for the Jets and has been the bright spot of their line. Okung, Thuney, and Unger will still be starting at their respective positions. I have made a change at LG. I will be starting Quinton Spain. Spain was a mauler for Derrick Henry last week and helped a Oline shut out a jags defense that had 10 sacks the week before. The backups will be the behemoth Ty Nsekhe, Andrew Norwell, and Shell (if Bulaga starts). I feel confident in this line holding up in pass protection allowing Rodgers to deliver the ball. Rodgers’ escapability aids the line in their protection as well.

Running Game Attack Inside and Out:

We will be using McCaffrey and Ingram again this week heavily in a zone running offense. We will have many open running lanes as we spread the defense out. We will gash them up the middle as they spread their defense out to match up with the four wide sets. If they stay at home and focus on the interior run it will open up our passing game and  we will run stretch plays and off tackle runs to take advantage of the open running lanes and extra blockers out wide.  We believe we can take advantage of Frank Clark and Jadeveon Clowney and have them run themselves up field or laterally as these run plays will run underneath them. If they squeeze in and line up with hands in the dirt we will be able to get outside on them in our zone attack. Dwayne Allen will see some time at TE to help neutralize the edge and allow us to get some big plays outside. Buckner and Rankins are penetrating types and their aggressiveness will be taken advantage of my the patience of my running backs and allow for cutback lanes inside on outside run plays where the interior lineman can get up field to KJ Wright and Whitehead. With the safeties likely spread out because of the formation this will allow for big gains up the middle. I won’t do a separate section on Oline as I covered who was playing where up above but I believe the interior of my oline will win a lot of matchups this week with Thuney, Unger, and Spain paving the way for inside success. Okung and Bulaga (or Shell) will be able to get out and pave the way on the edges. These tackles can move the edge defenders down the line to open up running lanes inside.

Defense: Our keys this week on defense are to force Deshone to beat us and bring the Heat. Deshone isn’t going to beat us and we are going to bring pressure and jam receivers to throw off his timing while beefing up the dline to shut down the running game.

Run Defense Stuff the Skittles:

Front 7

Our base D is a 4-2-5 this week as I expect to be spread out with three wide sets. We are going to start DJ Reader at NT and Javon Hargrave at UT. These two hogs can also get push up the middle as we want to shut down Marshawn Lynch. There is a chance Tuitt might play as he was a full participant at practice and if he does he will start at UT, with a rotation of Hargrave coming in as well as Abry Jones keeping the NT and UT spots fresh. Compton has a pretty good interior and we want to focus our efforts on clogging the inside run lanes in this game and getting a push in Kizer’s face. Trey Flowers will start at RE over Cliff Avril this week to bring a more balanced defender who will help against the run game as well. Cam Jordan will be the LE and will be going against rookie Cam Robinson who has a shoulder injury. I expect Jordan to beat Robinson like a drum in both facets of the game and be able to clog up the strong side of run plays. If Robinson doesn’t play it will Be Shon Coleman who Jordan abuses. Clay Matthews will be listed at SLB but he will move around from the strong side to the middle to the weakside and blitz all day long. Moving him around brings pressure in attacking the run game in the backfield and the passing game to disrupt Kizer. He is solely responsible for getting after Kizer and destroying his game. If Bucannon plays he will play WLB and he will be chasing down plays in the run game. In two receiver sets I am going to start De’Vondre Campbell in the middle of the defense in a 4-3 under look. He can cover, blitz, and is a bigger body against the run than Bucannon. If Bucannon does not play Avery Williamson will be the man in the middle in the 4-3 under and Campbell will be the WLB. However these LBers will be moving all over to confuse the rookie quarterback. In a 3 wide set Bucannon and Matthews will be the linebackers. I will put the secondary against the run in this section. The secondary will be in man coverage so they will need to beat their blocks to support in run defense which shouldn’t be a problem. Landon will play down in the box on three wide sets and will be a force in the run game being able to come up and fill the voids left by the blitzing Matthews so all gaps are covered in the run game. Baker gets the start at free safety and will be be another player who can come up and run the alley.

Passing Defense Bring the Heat:

My front four should be able to win their matchups in the passing game, especially with the added pressure from Matthews on blitzes. Reader will require double teams as he pushes the pocket and Hargrave should be able to win one on one matchups. Flowers and Cam Jordan will get push from outside collapsing the pocket around Deshone. On clear passing downs and long distance to go situations Cam Jordan will slide inside for Reader and Avril will play RE moving Flowers to LE. Bucannon or Campbell (whoever plays) will be responsible for Lynch out of the back field. If Cohen is in the game instead of Lynch, Budda mans on Cohen, taking the WLB out of the game and bringing in Darian Thompson to the free safety position. If both RB’s are in and the TE taken out of the game in a three wide or four wide set with Cohen split out, Landon man’s Lynch and Budda stays on Cohen. If it is a two wide set with both RB’s in Landon has TE, WLB has Lynch and Budda becomes the NB with man on Cohen. Basically if Cohen is in the game Budda is responsible for him. I want the more agile Budda on Cohen as they are similar athletes. Landon is like the third LBer in three wide sets and is usually man on Martellus in the passing game. Trumaine will man on AB all game with the free safety doubling on top all game long. If Cohen is not on the field it will be Budda, if Cohen is on the field it will be Thompson. Burns will man Garcon and Roby will man Diggs. If the TE stays in to block Collins will either be a robber underneath or blitz. If Lynch stays into block the WLB will also either play robber or bring the heat. My defenders will all be jamming at the line to throw off Kizer’s timing and with the blitz coming force him into quick bad decisions.

I think this one is my shortest yet. Hopefully I can get my first W.

Compton Gameplan:

Compton will utilize a very run heavy offense today utilizing a lot of gap runs to try and beat down on Long Beach’s front 7. Lot of power, duo, counter, inside zone, and outside zone will be used with plenty of misdirection to keep the defense on its toes. Shovel option plays to Bennett will also be utilized a la Kansas City. The passing game will primarily be based off of play action to protect Kizer, where he will come off a bootleg and throw easy passes to the flat or take isolated deep shots down the field off of 2-man reads. Otherwise, the offense will focus on short easy passes that Kizer can read pre-snap and let the receivers do their magic in space.

The gameplan for the defense will be relatively simple and will primarily be based off of 2 high Cover 2/4 principles. The CBs will be asked to play very close to the LOS and reroute the WRs (Hopkins has had trouble with this so far this season) with safety help over the top. On passing downs, Armstead would rotate in for Liuget with McPhee subbing in both inside and outside here and there. Riley and Dylan Cole will also take rotational snaps at the other LB spot aside from Wright.

Compton is badly hurting right now. They have great weapons but rofl doesn't trust Kizer, which I 100% understand. Makes it easier to defend for a Vegas front that is pretty good against the run. Lack of running game worries me for LB, I think they should use Ingram more (and boy I don't like Ingram) because McCaffrey and his average of 2,9 YPC aren't gonna do it. But Rodgers against a depleted secondary should score enough against a team that seems to have lost faith. 28-13 Long Beach

6 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Rofl's QB and gameplan go against him here. I'd say more but until Sam Bradford comes back, Compton isn't going to be competitive offensively a real shame because they're such a talented team even if Sherman is off this year.

Whoot whoot

12 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Compton is badly hurting right now. They have great weapons but rofl doesn't trust Kizer, which I 100% understand. Makes it easier to defend for a Vegas front that is pretty good against the run. Lack of running game worries me for LB, I think they should use Ingram more (and boy I don't like Ingram) because McCaffrey and his average of 2,9 YPC aren't gonna do it. But Rodgers against a depleted secondary should score enough against a team that seems to have lost faith. 28-13 Long Beach

Yeah baby although we don't play in Vegas

9 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Rofl's QB and gameplan go against him here. I'd say more but until Sam Bradford comes back, Compton isn't going to be competitive offensively a real shame because they're such a talented team even if Sherman is off this year.

There is no Sherman on Compton, playboi. 

Archived