Last Mock with Trades

Big T

Because of the depth at WR and current trends to trade away players teams will be eager to trade up to grab one of the top tier WR's.

This brings us to Minnesota who needs to replace Diggs, keep in mind that there are other WR  needy teams viewed as playoff contenders in this same predicament.

So here the Jets trade down, picking up both of Minny's #1's....Picks 22,25 and the Jets sending a number 4 to complete the deal.

Again the Jets trade with Dallas sending Adams for the Cowboys 17th pick and 51st pick in the second round (other compensation can be worked out to make the trade work)

The Jets have picks 17, 22, 25,48,51,68,79, T, 158,191,211

17.Ezra Cleveland/Josh Jones T

22. Justin Jefferson WR

25 Christian Fulton CB

48 J.K. Dobbins RB

51 Julian Okwara OLB

68 Ashtyn Davis S

79 Bryce Hall CB/ Reggie Robinson CB

Traded 4th rounder to complete Minny deal

158 Jake Hanson C

191 Michael Turk P

211 Azur Kamara OLB/special teams

The Jets double dip at CB and still pick up a T which has tremendous upside and evaluators think are only a shade behind in tech and polish but every bit as athletic.

Not a fan of trading Jamal at all and doubt Minny would give up those picks, they lost a lot of players on that defense and will probably look to rebuild. Fulton won’t fit our scheme, he’s be a beast for a Zone team though.

I HATE this draft. Trading Adam's is unacceptable here. Especially how the draft was addressed in terms of players selected. 

No to dobbins there. We need 2 WR's (at least) and you only drafted one. 

I wouldn't trade Adam's for a package of Jones and okwara... so I hate that trade with a passion.  

You got WAYYY to cute with your trades and picks. Maybe those guys pan out, maybe not. But without the power of retrospect, I'd grade this draft a 4/10. Nothing personal, just dont see a real big improvement from these moves. 

As a comparison....

1 (11) Andrew Thomas

2 (48) Brandon Aiyuk

3 (via giants)(Julian Okwara)

I'd take my top 3 guys over the 1st 3 of your picks. AND in my version we still have Adam's and another 3rd there. 

Edited by KodiakThunder
  • Like 2

Not a fan of trading Jamal but if we do and come out with Fulton, Okwara, and Davis... I believe our defense would be top 10. We can play Davis at FS and play Maye at SS. Maye is pretty versatile.

Im not sure Minny does that deal. Seems a bit rich.

I like the draft. Our team would be pretty solid if this were to go down. Might be enough for me to troll our rivals. Light on WR, but we are not leaving this draft perfect at all spots.

Edited by SDotNova

Meh, not a huge fan.  I am not one of the people that would never trade Adams under any circumstances but if we did I wouldn't want our first pick after all this moving to be Ezra Cleveland.  I don't hate him but he has some risk.  I like Jefferson, I couldn't complain about Fulton, I'd be really upset if we took a RB in R1.  Fairly deep RB class and we have SOOO many needs.  

It comes down to this.  This draft doesn't do enough to make me feel better about our OL and I'd really be upset if we didn't at least double dip at WR.  

I will be happy when all these crazy mock draft come to a end. It is all up to Douglas, and I have not idea what he is going to do. I just hope he doesn't pick that OT from Georgia Thomas, he is a great run blocker but can't pass protect.

Edited by doumeyer

12 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I will be happy when all these crazy mock draft come to a end. It is all up to Douglas, and I have not idea what he is going to do. I just hope he doesn't pick that OT from Georgia Thomas, he is a great run blocker but can't pass protect.

Pass Blocking - Love how he brings the fight in pass protection. Has exciting moments of framing blocks, leveraging his hips and keeping rushers at the end of his reach. There are times with twitchier rushers where he can give up a step and he gets top heavy when recovering, leaving his feet behind. Has some erratic moments reaching his set points, particularly on vertical sets and he fails to get enough depth. Has some room for growth but his peaks are outstanding and he has the physical gifts to improve. 

Thats taken from draft network. Hopefully If we drafted him he has the ability to improve moving forward