(Polls) The Baker -VS- Lamar -VS- Burrow Thread & the Young QB NFL Landscape

Mind Character

Future QB Landscape  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Barring Career Ending Injury, In 5 Years Time, Who Will Be the Best QB?

• Joe Burrow, QB Bengals --------------------------------------------------------------
    • Justin Herbert, QB - Team TBD -------------------------------------------------------------
    • Justin Fields, QB - Team TBD ----------------------------------------------------------------
    • Sam Darnold, QB Jets -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Tua Tagovailoa, QB - Team TBD ---------------------------------------------------------
    • Josh Allen, QB Buffalo ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Daniel Jones, QB Giants -----------------------------------------------------------------
    • Kyler Murray, QB Cardinals -------------------------------------------------------------
    • Drew Lock, QB Broncos ------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Lamar Jackson, QB Ravens -----------------------------------------------------------
    • Trevor Lawrence, QB - Team TBD ---------------------------------------------------
    • Baker Mayfield, QB Browns ----------------------------------------------------------
    • Dwayne Haskins, QB Washington -----------------------------------------------
    • Jordan Love, QB - Team TBD ------------------------------------------------------
    • Trey Lance, QB - Team TBD -------------------------------------------------------
  2. 2. Barring Career Ending Injury, Who Is the Best QB When It's All Said and Done?

• 1.) Joe Burrow, 2.) Baker Mayfield, 3.) Lamar Jackson
    • 1.) Joe Burrow, 2.) Lamar Jackson, 3.) Baker Mayfield
    • 1.) Baker Mayfied, 2.) Lamar Jackson, 3.) Joe Burrow
    • 1.) Baker Mayfield, 2.) Joe Burrow, 3.) Lamar Jackson
    • 1.) Lamar Jackson, 2.) Baker Mayfield, 3.) Joe Burrow
    • 1.) Lamar Jackson, 2.) Joe Burrow, 3.) Baker Mayfield
  3. 3. Who Will Be More of a Problem for the Browns over the Next 5 Years?

• Lamar Jackson, QB Ravens
    • Joe Burrow, QB Bengals
    • Whoever the Steelers Get in the Next Few Years

I have no basis for this, but everytime I look at Joe Burrow I see John Elway. Lamar is also good and I'm sure whoever the Steelers eventually draft will be good as well. Baker's not bad, but last season showed you how important good coaching is. I trust this organization to get a lot less out of their players than everyone else in the AFC North. 

48 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

A lot of people believe in Trevor Lawrence as the top guy.

Out of 25 votes so far, the only guys to have more than 2 votes are Trevor Lawrence (11), Baker Mayfield (6), and Tua Tagovailoa (2).

People thus far are sleeping on Kyler Murray and Joe Burrow the most.

Kyler is a midget, but I really like what Kingsbury is trying to do. He is truly trying to run a college system for Kyler.

On 4/17/2020 at 3:04 PM, Mind Character said:

A lot of people believe in Trevor Lawrence as the top guy.

Out of 25 votes so far, the only guys to have more than 2 votes are Trevor Lawrence (11), Baker Mayfield (6), and Tua Tagovailoa (2).

People thus far are sleeping on Kyler Murray and Joe Burrow the most.

Honestly it's a tough call to make. Most of this group will be very good/elite QB's if the NFL for the next decade or so.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 1:44 PM, MWil23 said:

I think that Joe Burrow is the "safest" QB. Nothing he does is "WOW, that's AWESOME" from a tools standpoint. He's got a decent arm, he's got an average frame, and he's a plus athlete. However, his accuracy is legit and his huddle presence is great. His ability to get through progressions and know where he's going presnap is as good that I've seen of a QB coming out in a long time. I'm more of a believer in his "sum of the parts" and that he's going to be solid.

I think that Trevor Lawrence is the "total package" highest ceiling player, but OSU pre-slot QB/push safety getting ejected shows that his recognition isn't there yet and he can still get confused by a good scheme/defense. He did show poise, accuracy, and athleticism in that game though. However, he's not as polished as many of us believed before this season.

Fields, while having a great season, also showed that he did/does rely on his fantastic athleticism too much to be a "polished pocket passer" as of now. I think that his potential is also tremendous.

Baker we will know/have a great idea after this season. If he's got the weapons he has (Chubb, Hunt, Landry, OBJ, Hooper), which are those 5 Pro Bowl skill players, to go with a revamped and quality OL, and he succeeds, great, but if not, no more excuses and we'd be best looking elsewhere after 2021 IMO. I'm not overpaying an average at best QB who has underachieved his #1 overall draft status if he doesn't succeed with those weapons.

We'll see how Lamar progresses going forward. He can't play with 11 other Pro Bowlers forever, and he can't rush it as many times as he did in 2019 and expect to play for very long tbh.

Lol at this argument!! How many of those players were pro bowl players prior to Lamar being the quarterback? A lot of those same players weren't even mentioned as elite talents prior to Lamar, when those same players played with Flacco none were pro bowlers minus Yanda and Tucker.. You act like he just jumped into this unbelievable roster and that roster carried him to success,  it's truly laughable.. The truth of the matter is that Lamar came in to a sinking ship and immediately put the team on his back and raised the level of play of everyone around him. 

11 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

The truth of the matter is that Lamar came in to a sinking ship and immediately put the team on his back and raised the level of play of everyone around him.

Division Champion Playoff team in 2018. Good call. LOL

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Division Champion Playoff team in 2018. Good call. LOL

Umm the Ravens were 4-5 and going nowhere fast with Flacco.. Enter Lamar Jackson and the Ravens go 6-1 to win the division.. There is one common denominator in the Ravens success over the last couple of years. Lamar. 

12 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

Umm the Ravens were 4-5 and going nowhere fast with Flacco.. Enter Lamar Jackson and the Ravens go 6-1 to win the division.. There is one common denominator in the Ravens success over the last couple of years. Lamar. 

The common denominator in the Ravens success is amazing FO and great coaching staff. Its not just Lamar. Coaching staff has put lamer in the best position to win in the regular season. Decosta has built that team around lamer's running ability. Lets not act like Jackson just took a bottom-dweller team and turned them into a perennial playoff team 

I’m not going to crap on Lamar or the Ravens, he’s the defending MVP ffs, but I’m still not buying him as “the guy” in 5 years.

Nothing personal with him, but running the ball 150+ times per season paired with the normal hits a QB takes is going to take its toll over the years.  

NFL defenses are unforgiving for running QB’s. You look at a guy like Cam who’s built like a damned truck and he’s broken down by 30.  

Maybe Lamar is that guy who defies the odds, but I’ll have to see it first.

Ravens fans coming into this forum are as welcomed as Captain Corona is to walk through my front door.  And I'm not talking about a Pirate with a beer in his hand, because you know I'd greet him with a hearty handshake and box of wings. 

I've said myself that I'm not going to crap on Lamar with him coming off an MVP season.  I am skeptical of the longevity given his style of winning at the position, but for now, he has found a successful niche.  We will see if defenses adjust and figure out how to consistently beat him or not.  I need to see it from him for more than a season, but for now, mad props on his 2019 and split with the Browns.

A Ravens fan coming into a Browns thread to debate an opinion over a Ravens quarterback is so cringe.  Let's save those debates for NFL Gen.  Or, you can have your circle jerks in your own forum.