• David Woodward, LB
    • Krys Barnes, LB
    • Troy Dye, LB
    • Cameron Clark, OT
    • Ben Bredeson, G
    • K'Von Wallace, S
    • James Morgan, QB
    • Jack Driscoll, OT

We've already taken Chase Young, Chase Claypool, Hunter Bryant. We are now on the clock in the 4th round, #142 overall. The following "best" options are available. Who are we taking?

See poll. Assume if they aren't listed, they got drafted (or I forgot). 

Round 1 #2 Overall - Chase Young, EDGE, Ohio State

Round 3 #66 Overall - Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame

Round 4 #108 Overall - Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington

Round 4 #142 Overall - 

Round 5 #154 Overall - 

Round 7 #216 Overall - 

Round 7 #229 Overall - 

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Dye is still on the board?

Makes this an easy choice.

Hard not to like the value with Dye there. Superb athlete. And he needs some coaching, but not many coaching staffs have more minds that can coach up a LB than ours, with Rivera and JDR and Sam Mills (in addition to the actual LB coach, who I’ve honestly never heard of). 

• Like 1

I like Dye but we seem to have a ton of LB depth already. And at this point of the draft we are drafting for depth. Neither Moreau or Darby are gonna play all 16 games. I think you have to choose the CB prospect here. Our young CB's - Danny Johnson, Greg Stroman and Adonis Alexander never really developed.

30 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I like Dye but we seem to have a ton of LB depth already. And at this point of the draft we are drafting for depth. Neither Moreau or Darby are gonna play all 16 games. I think you have to choose the CB prospect here. Our young CB's - Danny Johnson, Greg Stroman and Adonis Alexander never really developed.

I like Reggie a lot. Tall+fast CBs that can change direction in a hiccup are hard to come by. But Ive seen places and scouts having Dye ranked up with the best LBs this class. Plus what Ive seen I cant argue it.  The value + potential to be a star is just outweighing the other options.

Though I will say. If we traded all our picks after this one. For the spot behind it (4-143) and took Reggie. Id be happy.

• Like 1

Dye is the easy selection. Super good tool box and has a nose for the ball as E said needs to be coached. I’m trying to not knock Oregon but I like Herbert and Dye and I think neither were done any favors for what I think they needed to progress. But I think both will do well in the league

• Like 1

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'll go with Troy Dye.  LB needs help in the worst way. 

This is what Ourlads has as our depth chart https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/WAS

from seeing this in writing, this is scary- I see our major needs as  OL, TE, WR and sure we have other needs too.. Sure we could use help at LB, but if we don't fix the line we are going to need a lot more quarterbacks than we currently have now. I still think we draft Chase at 2, but if we don't go with the best OL or TE at 3 and both 4's I'm going to be disappointed. The key thing I am looking to see is how much the younger guys improve with better coaching, but with COVID, how are they going to improve this year? All argues to trade Trent for a 2 or 3 this year, or a 2 next year, trade Kerrigan (it pains me to write this) and tank this year- start fresh next year.     

OFFENSE
LWR 17 McLaurin, Terry 19/3 89 Sims, Cam CF18 19 Weah, Jester SF19 14 Veasy, Jordan SF19    
RWR 13 Harmon, Kelvin 19/6 00 Latimer, Cody U/NYG 84 Kidsy, Darvin CF18        
SWR 18 Quinn, Trey 18/7 15 Sims Jr., Steven CF19 80 Hall, Emanuel CF19        
LT 00 Lucas, Cornelius U/Chi 74 Christian, Geron 18/3 71 WILLIAMS, TRENT 10/1        
LG 00 Schweitzer, Wes U/Atl 00 Vujnovich, Jeremy SF20            
C 73 Roullier, Chase 17/6 64 Pierschbacher, Ross 19/5            
RG 75 Scherff, Brandon 15/1 67 Martin, Wes 19/4            
RT 76 Moses, Morgan 14/3 61 Parris, Timon CF18 79 Adams, Paul CF19        
TE 87 Sprinkle, Jeremy 17/5 00 Rodgers, Richard U/Phi 00 Thomas, Logan U/Det 88 Hentges, Hale W/Ind 00 Baugh, Marcus SF20
TE                 83 Wilson, Caleb P/Arz
QB 7 Haskins, Dwayne 19/1 00 Allen, Kyle T/Car 11 SMITH, ALEX T/KC        
RB 26 PETERSON, ADRIAN SF18 29 Guice, Derrius 18/2 23 Love, Bryce 19/4 00 Barber, Peyton U/TB 00 McKissic, JD U/Det
RB                 40 Ferguson, Josh SF19
DEFENSE
DE 90 Sweat, Montez 19/1 95 Brailford, Jordan 19/7 48 Malveaux, Cameron SF19 92 Bee, Ryan CF19    
DT 94 Payne, Da'Ron 18/1 97 Settle, Tim 18/5 99 Brantley, Caleb SF18        
DT 93 Allen, Jonathan 17/1 98 Ioannidis, Matt 16/5 96 Hester, Treyvon SF19        
DE 91 KERRIGAN, RYAN 11/1 52 Anderson, Ryan 17/2            
OLB 55 Holcomb, Cole 19/5 40 Harvey-Clemons, Josh 17/7 51 Hamilton, Shaun Dion 18/6        
MLB 00 DAVIS, THOMAS CC/LAC 53 Bostic, Jon SF19 56 Foster, Reuben W/SF        
OLB 00 Pierre-Louis, Kevin U/Chi 54 Orchard, Nate SF19 00 Norris, Jared SF20        
LCB 31 Moreau, Fabian 17/3 00 Darby, Ronald U/Phi 41 Johnson, Danny CF18        
SS 20 Collins, Landon U/NYG 39 Reaves, Jeremy SF18 26 Smith, Maurice SF19        
FS 00 Davis, Sean U/Pit 22 Everett, Deshazor SF15 30 Apke, Troy 18/4        
RCB 00 Fuller, Kendall U/KC 32 Moreland, Jimmy 19/7 38 Thomas, Simeon P/Sea        
NB 32 Moreland, Jimmy 19/7 37 Stroman, Greg 18/7            
SPECIAL TEAMS
PT 5 WAY, TRESS W/Chi                
PK 3 Hopkins, Dustin SF15                
LS 57 SUNDBERG, NICK SF10                
H 5 WAY, TRESS W/Chi                
KO 3 Hopkins, Dustin SF15                
PR 15 Sims Jr., Steven CF19                
KR 15 Sims Jr., Steven CF19          
Edited by Doc Draper

@Doc Draper I guess I don't see TE as the big need that everyone things.  Sure, it would be nice to have one, but I don't think it's going to make a huge difference this coming season.  Meanwhile, our entire LB corps will be learning something new, and by and large, we have guys who are situational.  I'd like to get a three-down guy, which Dye fits.  The draft class for TE's is garbage this year, and the FA class outside of setting a new record and overpaying for Austin Hooper was also garbage.  You can only fix so many needs in one year, and TE probably gets the short straw this year because of the lack of good talent.  

I picked Dye and I like him a lot. Do I think he's a definite upgrade over some of the guys we have now?

No, no I don't. I don't know how you can call Dye a 3-down LB but not call SDH for example a 3-down LB.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I picked Dye and I like him a lot. Do I think he's a definite upgrade over some of the guys we have now?

No, no I don't. I don't know how you can call Dye a 3-down LB but not call SDH for example a 3-down LB.

Hamilton is good in pass coverage but I just don't see it in the running game.  Aside from injuries, he hasn't even started a game in two years.  That should tell you how confident the coaches were in him to play successfully in the early downs.  

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Hamilton is good in pass coverage but I just don't see it in the running game.  Aside from injuries, he hasn't even started a game in two years.  That should tell you how confident the coaches were in him to play successfully in the early downs.  

That's bc the former coaches didn't know how to use him. 

The former coaches aren't here anymore. I think SDH will be the LB that shows most for our new coaches. 

Beyond that though, I don't think Dye is a major upgrade over any of the LBs I have. He has some of the same question marks as Cole Holcomb does.