1970s Thriller - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

In this thread we will be deciding the 5th entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Thriller movie from the 1970s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Nominations are open! Please be clear that you are nominating flicks. Movies with 3+ nominations will make it into the polling phase. POSTERS WILL BE LIMITED TO FIVE NOMINATIONS. If you nominate more than 5 I will only count the top five. The changes in edited posts will not be counted. Nominations will close Saturday, 4/18/2020 at 4pm EST. 

@Calvert28@Uncle Buck @THE DUKE @FinneasGage   @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

What a great decade for Thrillers!

The Conversation

The French Connection

Jaws

Deliverance

All the President's Men

I could name a dozen more.

Dirty Harry, Duel, Chinatown, Marathon Man, Boys From Brazil, Serpico, Three Days of the Condor, The Day of the Jackal, The Odessa File, French Connection II, Coma, Soylent Green, Westworld.  OK, I named 13 more.  I like going to the bakery.

Jaws  
Halloween  
Alien
Deliverance  
Marathon Man  

Must say though Marathon Man is kind of overrated outside of a few scenes.  Included Halloween because it is a thriller, did not get into Horror bracket so maybe this.  And the one and only Alien because it go screwed in Sci Fi and Horror for that matter.  

The French Connection and The Conversation I thought were both very overrated, Gene Hackman is way better in Mississippi Burning and that movie is far superior to either of those.   Was tempted to include The Stepford Wives but really I guess that is not a thriller.  

The Godfather.  I wouldn't bother nominating others, since Godfather is the clear winner here, but because they're great films:

Taxi Driver, Deliverance.

Jaws is good, but it had its chance in horror, and The French Connection is a good movie, not great.  Haven't seen Serpico, unfortunately.

35 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The Godfather.  I wouldn't bother nominating others, since Godfather is the clear winner here, but because they're great films:

Taxi Driver, Deliverance.

Jaws is good, but it had its chance in horror, and The French Connection is a good movie, not great.  Haven't seen Serpico, unfortunately.

I make take some ISH for this, but out of all the movies nominated for this decade, Taxi Driver is by and far my favorite. 

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I make take some ISH for this, but out of all the movies nominated for this decade, Taxi Driver is by and far my favorite. 

You talkin to me?  There's no one else here, and you quoted me.  You must be talkin to me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Nominations
The French Connection
Jaws
The Godfather
Chinatown
Taxi Driver

Honorable Mentions
Carrie
Dirty Harry
Serpico
Dog Day Afternoon
Soylent Green

Aren't Taxi Driver and The Godfather more along the lines of a drama?  I would not call either one of those films a thriller, especially The Godfather.  

24 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Aren't Taxi Driver and The Godfather more along the lines of a drama?  I would not call either one of those films a thriller, especially The Godfather.  

Legitimate question on The Godfather.  I included it because I saw it nominated already, and it was included in the google list of thrillers when I was checking.  Same with Taxi Driver, although I think that one can lean a little more heavy into suspense, which I tend to include along with thriller.