Caldwell re-signs

Louis Friend

15 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

I’m with you. 

Who would you want, assuming Caldwell is going to be fired?

If we lose out to Chicago, Cincy and an Aaron Rodgers-led Green Bay, I think it is a strong possibility that he will. If we win out and make the playoffs - he's staying. If we win out and don't make the playoffs, probably more 50/50.

12 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

I like Mcdaniels, especially with a strong DC(possibly Austin). I'd rather keep Caldwell through 2018 though. Trust the process. 

I don't like or dislike McDaniels, just see him as a strong candidate with some obvious ties. There are qualities there that you can use to justify the hire. I have a hard time seeing Austin actually get a HC job. He is a decent coach and he'll be interviewed but there are coaches available with stronger resumes. Jim Schwartz is being tossed around as a name for other HC positions. He's done a solid job in Buffalo and Philly. In the "what have you done for me lately" world of the NFL, I would take Schwartz over Austin.

13 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Who would you want, assuming Caldwell is going to be fired?

If we lose out to Chicago, Cincy and an Aaron Rodgers-led Green Bay, I think it is a strong possibility that he will. If we win out and make the playoffs - he's staying. If we win out and don't make the playoffs, probably more 50/50.

I have no doubt that losing out would cost Caldwell his job. Currently, I don’t know who I would want. 

The reason they gave Caldwell a 1 year deal is because Quinn is still building this roster. He likes Caldwell as a coach but knows he hasn't given him a roster than can win in the playoffs yet. Quinn was hired right off of this team blowing two straight drafts and losing 3 all pro players in their prime. It was going to take some time to catch up on talent. Next year, no excuses for Quinn or Caldwell. Let it all play out at this point, you're too invested to change direction mid stream. 

Archived