Von Miller Tests Positive for Covid-19

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, JustAGuy said:

Considering he's not an 82-year-old with a preexisting condition, he should be fine.

Sure but 20% of those admitted to hospitals are 20-44 years old and 12% of the patients in ICU for Covid are 20-44. You have a lot better chance being younger but there is no guarantee.

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 8

40 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Sure but 20% of those admitted to hospitals are 20-44 years old and 12% of the patients in ICU for Covid are 20-44. You have a lot better chance being younger but there is no guarantee.

Some people made up their mind on this 2 months ago. None of the evidence will have any impact on that type. It's been a phenomenal litmus test. Let's just say anyone who ever dismissed this thing, I would never trust them to make an important decision of any type.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

True, although studies show 90% of all people hospitalized have underlying health conditions even then it's still an issue... We have a lot of underlining health conditions in this country, especially considering the rates of morbid obesity among Americans.

And Von having asthma puts him in the higher risk category... Yes it's true that his odds are still very good but even a low chance of severe complications is still a chance and a reason for him (and anyone else at risk) to be careful. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

Some people made up their mind on this 2 months ago. None of the evidence will have any impact on that type. It's been a phenomenal litmus test. Let's just say anyone who ever dismissed this thing, I would never trust them to make an important decision of any type.

lol.

Those people run the government and no I'm not talking about a specific one.

Von you better get healthy, I wonder how much the Asthma will complicate this. 

9 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Von you better get healthy, I wonder how much the Asthma will complicate this. 

I’m no doctor, but if his asthma is controlled enough that he be a top tier athlete in the thin Colorado air, he’s probably better off than that kid from the movie who puffs his inhaler when the hot girl talks to him. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dome said:

I’m no doctor, but if his asthma is controlled enough that he be a top tier athlete in the thin Colorado air, he’s probably better off than that kid from the movie who puffs his inhaler when the hot girl talks to him. 

Yeah and hopefully it doesn't turn into pneumonia and it doesn't attack his lungs. If it does though, it may cause more complications than the average person in his age group. It should be a little scary to anyone over 25. Obviously the older you get the scarier it is (along with having pre-existing issues) so until you are over it there shouldn't be any dismissing it.

The goal is to not have to rely on a respirator because once you get to that point you don't even have a coin flip's chance at surviving.

• Like 1

I watched his NFL Network interview.

I did everything right and still got it...  yeah, I had 3 dudes come over and workout with me in my home gym...  

Who else did they hang out with? Social distancing does not include workouts with your buddies  ( or 10 people parties for a birthday)