Redskins draft prospect contacts

MikeT14

Walterfootball puts this list together every year. Here's who we have contacted in some form or another:

https://walterfootball.com/prospectMeetings/byteam 

EW (East West), COM (Combine), SR (Senior Bowl), VIR (Virtual)

Washington Redskins

Cam Brown, OLB, Penn State (SR) - late 5th to UDFA

Kelly Bryant, QB, Missouri (EW) - 6th to UDFA

Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (COM) - 1st overall

Cameron Clark^, OT, Charlotte (EW, VIR) - 4th to 6th

Lloyd Cushenberry, C, LSU (SR) - 2nd to 3rd round

Michael Danna, DE, Michigan (EW) - 6th to UDFA

Khalil Davis, DT, Nebraska (EW) - 4th to 6th

Jeremiah Dinson, S, Auburn (EW) - 6th to UDFA

Rico Dowdle, RB, South Carolina (EW) - 6th to UDFA

Austin Edwards, DE, Ferris State (EW) - 6th to UDFA

Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina (COM) - 3rd round

Chris Finke, WR, Notre Dame (EW) - 7th to UDFA

Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU (COM) - 1st round/early 2nd

Jordan Glasgow, S, Michigan (EW) - 6th to UDFA

Malik Harrison, ILB, Ohio State (SR) - 3rd to 4th round

John Hightower, WR, Boise State (EW) - 4th to 6th round

Jared Hilbers, OT, Washington (EW) - 6th to UDFA

K.J. Hill^, WR, Ohio State (COM, SR) - late 2nd to 4th round

Khaleke Hudson, S, Michigan (SR) - 4th to 6th round

Adrian Killins, RB, Central Florida (EW) - 6th to UDFA

Frederick Mauigoa, C, Washington State (EW) - 6th to UDFA

Zack Moss, RB, Utah (VIR) - 3rd to 5th round

Parnell Motley, CB, Oklahoma (EW) - 6th to UDFA

John Penisini, DT, Utah (EW) - 6th to UDFA

Michael Pinckney, OLB, Miami (EW) - 6th to UDFA

James Smith-Williams, DE, NC State (EW) - 6th to UDFA

Terrance Steele, OT, Texas Tech (SR) - 6th to 7th

Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama (COM) - Top 10

Kyahva Tezino, ILB, San Diego State (EW) - 7th to UDFA

Derrek Tuszka, DE, North Dakota State (EW) - 6th to UDFA

Mykal Walker, OLB, Fresno State (EW) - 6th round to UDFA

Chase Young, DE/3-4OLB, Ohio State (COM) - #2 overall

I added the sort of expected rounds we might seem them go. 

A lot of late guys. Maybe trying to get a leg up on UDFA?

• Like 2

I was surprised only the Bengals and Redskins met with Tua. And that the Giants didnt meet with the best DL Brown. I wonder if this is complete or if teams schedule private meetings to keep it under the radar. How could any team draft Tua without meeting him? is he going to drop like a rock? 

4 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

I was surprised only the Bengals and Redskins met with Tua. And that the Giants didnt meet with the best DL Brown. I wonder if this is complete or if teams schedule private meetings to keep it under the radar. How could any team draft Tua without meeting him? is he going to drop like a rock? 

I don't think it would be the 1st time a player is picked by a team that showed little to no interests. 

• Like 1

I think Bryan Edwards is going to be a serious contender at #66. I keep seeing little things that point in that direction, and then here we have an indication that he was one of a relatively short list of combine contacts — even though he was hurt and couldn’t work out. 

I’d be fine with him there. Think he was a little overshadowed by Deebo until this past season, but he basically matched Deebo’s numbers as a receiver. He’s huge and he gets up to speed pretty well, and he returned kicks which is always a big plus for me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

I think Bryan Edwards is going to be a serious contender at #66. I keep seeing little things that point in that direction, and then here we have an indication that he was one of a relatively short list of combine contacts — even though he was hurt and couldn’t work out. 

I’d be fine with him there. Think he was a little overshadowed by Deebo until this past season, but he basically matched Deebo’s numbers as a receiver. He’s huge and he gets up to speed pretty well, and he returned kicks which is always a big plus for me. 

He's okay, but there are loads more WRs I am higher on, specifically GG and Pittman.

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

I think he will be like Harmon. And not selected as high as originally expected.

When at the same stage of being Juniors. Deebo was all overtop of him. He needed that senior year which isnt going unnoticed by teams. And being he needed that senior year against all those juniors projected in his range of the draft. I think it hurts him because his shelf level shows more than guys around his range. So teams will take the risk of exceeding that shelf with the unknown potential player. I say he was interviewed in case he is there later like Harmon. Maybe with one of our 2 4ths.

I think you might as well put a Redskins Jersey on WR K.J. Hill.

You saw the production from Mclaurin as a rookie & to bring in another WR from Ohio St. whom Haskins is already familiar with?

Now, I'm not advocating that Hill will be anything like Scary Terry, but I'm will to bet that Haskins & Terry are in the ears of the coaches ("6 ft back buddy") to take a look at this kid. Heck, maybe Chase Young as well.

Would not be surprised at all, if he was picked on day 2 by us.

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

You saw the production from Mclaurin as a rookie & to bring in another WR from Ohio St. whom Haskins is already familiar with?

Now, I'm not advocating that Hill will be anything like Scary Terry, but I'm will to bet that Haskins & Terry are in the ears of the coaches ("6 ft back buddy") to take a look at this kid. Heck, maybe Chase Young as well.

I hope you mean Day 3 !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

I have huge concerns if the Redskins front office drafts a player solely because two players are saying they need to.  It better be because he is the BPA on the draft board.  

43 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I have huge concerns if the Redskins front office drafts a player solely because two players are saying they need to.  It better be because he is the BPA on the draft board.  

Yet,,, it's possible we drafted McLaurin because Haskins said "get me one of my guys " .. hhhhmmmm .??