2020 Draft Games Discussion Thread

DreamKid

EDIT: Since this is the first post in this split-off thread, I'm adding the links to the two games here - coordinator0

Three Rounds - 

20 Prospects - 

On 4/8/2020 at 10:01 PM, coordinator0 said:

Past Winners:

2019 - diamondbull424 & BareYourTeeth
2018 - diamondbull424 & coordinator0 

@diamondbull424 Out here trying to establish his dynasty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coordinator0 said:

Well... I believe the game dates back before then, I just couldn't find the older threads like I could with 20 prospects. 

No no...that’s fine. We’ll say that one was the first 😎

Edit: Wonder what ever happened to Flaccomania

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

@diamondbull424 Out here trying to establish his dynasty.

Well this will for sure be the toughest test yet for all of us with all these picks in the first three rounds... should certainly eliminate the possibility of ties.

5 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Well... I believe the game dates back before then, I just couldn't find the older threads like I could with 20 prospects. 

Yup. Both were started the same year if my memory serves from when I was a mod on the other forum.

5 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

No no...that’s fine. We’ll say that one was the first 😎

Edit: Wonder what ever happened to Flaccomania

I’ve wondered this same thing. Flaccomania and Raven5255 in particular. Also feel like there was another Dane that was really into the forum at some point that got banned for drunk posting... can’t recall his username but enjoyed his posting outside of that. Those are my big three notables.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Well this will for sure be the toughest test yet for all of us with all these picks in the first three rounds... should certainly eliminate the possibility of ties.

Yup. Both were started the same year if my memory serves from when I was a mod on the other forum.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. There wasn't a need to change too much up in the scoring department to try and avoid that again. The fifth bullet point in the first post is the only real difference and I only added that because the fourth has always been present. Might as well reward it the other way around too. 

I took out the bonus points for getting every selection correct too. If that happens you're winning anyways. 

9 minutes ago, CoverZero said:

Reading draft profiles and watching highlights about the only thing keeping me sane right now haha

Yea I can see this 2020 draft being a major discussion point for a couple years. As fans have had so much extra time to pour over the prospects. It's easy to foresee conversations 3 years from now like "I knew EDC was stupid for taking X over X", etc. It's usually only a couple guys with that type of energy, but now it seems like everyone has their own quarantine big boards.

For now it's great though. You usually have to spoon feed people info on even 2nd Round prospects, but this time around everyone seems pretty informed. It's fun to see.

Didn't take you long to get involved after getting access did it @CoverZero :P

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

That AVI with Marlon and Chuck is hard. 

With a name like CoverZero, I'd have thought that this image would have worked better because its these two that make Wink's Cover-0 work ;)

usa_today_13769051.0.jpg

16 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Trade Down, Trade Up, or Stay: 

Pick # 28: Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota
Pick # 55: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin; Trade up
Pick # 60: Malik Harrison, ILB, OSU
Pick # 92: Bryan Edwards, WR, U-SC
Pick # 106: (traded)
Alternate: Tyler Biadasz, IOL, Wisconsin

Wow, calling his shot and skipping the pick he thinks we use to trade up.

• Like 1