2020 Draft Games Discussion Thread

DreamKid

3 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Wow, calling his shot and skipping the pick he thinks we use to trade up.

Yup. I have to. I think Ozzie, DeCosta, and Roman have to be salivating looking at Taylor’s tape. I could also see us taking Taylor first, but I’ll wait until we get closer to the draft before I give my final determination as to what “feeling” I have on it.

Just not sure if we trade down to position ourselves better to get both so as not to lose picks or if we trade up losing picks. Ultimately I’ll probably change it to trade down if I can figure out who might be a viable trade partner.

As obviously trading down would work best, but not sure who would trade back into the first round and for what prospect. They would have to be leap frogging teams in order to do so. Not sure who would be a trade partner and why they would be looking to leapfrog the teams behind us. Maybe a DT needy team looking to jump the Chiefs and/or 49ers?

AJ Epenesa, Ross Blacklock, Justin Madubuike, Neville Gallimore... they could all be looking to come off the board at the top of the second. Perhaps a team prefers one to the others and would be willing to go for “their guy”. So until I can figure out a method to obtain both Winfield Jr and Taylor, I’ll just go with the trade up.

Though we like those mid round picks too much so I think ultimately I will make an adjustment there.

3 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Hold up - should we add in options to predict trades for the other picks in the top three rounds? Currently it just counts for the original first round pick (#28), but I'm not opposed to opening it up for every pick. 

That’s true. I’ll revise so as to keep it the same way as we’ve always done it.

Adding trades afterwards might force it to get too complicated. It was already getting to be too complicated in my mind just considering all the infinite possibilities. 😂 

44 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

That’s true. I’ll revise so as to keep it the same way as we’ve always done it.

Adding trades afterwards might force it to get too complicated. It was already getting to be too complicated in my mind just considering all the infinite possibilities. 😂 

True. I guess we're kind of covered if the team does decide to trade up/down from the other picks with the 2 points for getting the right player but at a different pick. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, drd23 said:

Didn't take you long to get involved after getting access did it @CoverZero :P

With a name like CoverZero, I'd have thought that this image would have worked better because its these two that make Wink's Cover-0 work ;)

usa_today_13769051.0.jpg

Clearly I have a lot to learn @drd23 haha

I just couldn't decide out of Chuck or Humph so I found a pic of both xD

On 4/11/2020 at 7:46 PM, drd23 said:

This is a lot harder this year without pro days and visits

Trade Down, Trade Up, or Stay: Stay

Pick # 28: YGM
Pick # 55: Terrell Lewis
Pick # 60: Matt Hennessy
Pick # 92: Bryan Edwards
Pick # 106: Akeem Davis-Gaither
Alternate: Cesar Ruiz

Completely agree. Those visits generally give us at least some idea as to the guys we might be a little more interested in. Interesting that you’re going with a very early double dip with YGM and Lewis. Also the strategic placement of Ruiz as an alternate. Kudos. This one has a lot of potential for sure.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 7:46 PM, drd23 said:

This is a lot harder this year without pro days and visits

Trade Down, Trade Up, or Stay: Stay

Pick # 28: YGM
Pick # 55: Terrell Lewis
Pick # 60: Matt Hennessy
Pick # 92: Bryan Edwards
Pick # 106: Akeem Davis-Gaither
Alternate: Cesar Ruiz

11 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Completely agree. Those visits generally give us at least some idea as to the guys we might be a little more interested in. Interesting that you’re going with a very early double dip with YGM and Lewis. Also the strategic placement of Ruiz as an alternate. Kudos. This one has a lot of potential for sure.

I mentioned it in another thread, I think/hope the 4th-7th may see a lot of small school guys to the Ravens that we were in on early during the college season, who may not have received the exposure they otherwise would have during workouts. Maybe set a record for red star guys drafted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

I mentioned it in another thread, I think/hope the 4th-7th may see a lot of small school guys to the Ravens that we were in on early during the college season, who may not have received the exposure they otherwise would have during workouts. Maybe set a record for red star guys drafted.

Oh absolutely for sure. It’s just on our end with playing this game, it’s much harder to know which of these prospects might we be MOST interested in. There’s no tip of the hat.

• Like 1

Man, these games are tough this year. The Ravens have needs all over the defense and you could see a high pick made at any of them except maybe corner. And that's a weak maybe. Then on offense there's so many receivers to try and pick from it's ridiculous. Good for the team, bad for our game. xD Even along the offense line there's a lot of road-grading interior options. The hope is they get one early, but who knows. 

• Like 1