I Want.../I Don't Want...

The Gnat

Could be in the draft thread, but what else is there to talk about and it would be a fun discussion, players in round 1 in particular, who is someone that you really hope will fall to the Vikings, not a massive drop like Chase Young dropping to pick 22, but something that you could see happening. And who is someone you really don't want in round one, and why? And if you want, you can do a whole position as well for what you really want/don't want.

For me, player wise, I would love it if Kinlaw dropped to pick 22. I think there's a chance, though a small one. To me, he has a chance to be a really disruptive force in the middle and give us an UT that we've been looking for, for a little while.

I really don't want Justin Jefferson in round one. I don't think he's that great a WR, and I think there is comparable WR's to him in round two, possibly even in round 3.

For positions, I'd love to get a DT in round one. Especially Kinlaw, but I think that Gallimore and Blacklock with pick 25 would be good as well.

I've seen it suggested a few times, but unless Anthony Harris is traded (don't see it as super likely), I don't want a S in round one. Maybe if the person can also fill in as a slot CB in year one, maybe. So Antoine Winfield Jr, but otherwise no. I'm also not sold that Winfield is worth a 1st either.

• Like 1

I tend to agree with all of your points that you made...in fact, I'd even be happy if they were able to trade up a few spots to get Kinlaw...and really I want nothing to do with Justin Jefferson.  Of players that might likely be available, here else would fall under my want/do not want list:

WANT:  Kristian Fulton (LSU) - I like that he's a physical player and think Zimmer would love him for his defense.

DON'T WANT: AJ Epenesa (Iowa) - He just doesn't strike me as a good fit for the Vikings' defense.  I just don't view him as enough of an athlete that Zimmer typically likes for his defensive linemen as Epenesa is more power than speed.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

In round one, I want offensive line and defensive line (Jackson, Jones or Kinlaw, Gallimore.)  I do not want Corner or Wide Receiver.

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

In round one, I want offensive line and defensive line (Jackson, Jones or Kinlaw, Gallimore.)  I do not want Corner or Wide Receiver.

If you’re skipping a CB early, I’d hope you’re signing one like Kirkpatrick. Otherwise, Zimmer doesn’t have much a track record developing CBs that weren’t first round picks. 

I agree, oddly enough, that Kinlaw would be my #1 target and I'd move up to get him if he drops out of the top-10.

My #2 target to trade up for is Chaisson as he's got great explosion along with a spin move that he used effectively. I think if Kinlaw is taken in the top-10 I'd still make the move to get Chaisson.

I don't want the Vikings to draft a 1st Rd WR.

• Like 1

Wouldn't want Gallimore in the 1st; especially after signing Michael Pierce - Gallimore isn't the penetrating type defensive tackle that would compliment pierce - the only defensive lineman I'm taking in the first round is Kinlaw.

Don't Want: Any first round receiver outside of Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs

Want: multiple 3-5 round picks spent on the receiver position

I’d love to see Kinlaw or one of the top OL like Thomas, Becton or Wirfs.

I really don’t want a WR unless one of the top 3 falls. Could live with Mims, seems like he’s got more upside than Jefferson as a mid first level prospect.

Not crazy about a round one OL unless one of the top ones fall and the value is too good to pass up. Just don’t see the OL getting better if the issue at OG isn’t fixed and the IOL class is awful in the top 50 this year.

Edited by vikingsrule

Want : Yetur Gross- Matos- I just really think that Matos and Hunter would have a chance to be the best pass rushing duo for years to come. Really want to replace Griffen and I’m not crazy about the DE’s later in the draft.

Don’t want : Any WR in 1st round - there is way to much depth at WR in this draft. Would wait until the 3rd round to get a WR..

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

If you’re skipping a CB early, I’d hope you’re signing one like Kirkpatrick. Otherwise, Zimmer doesn’t have much a track record developing CBs that weren’t first round picks. 

Well, hate to say it, it's time he learned.

3 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Well, hate to say it, it's time he learned.

Not the best way to go about things if you actually want to build a contending team.

Draft early what you can't develop well, draft late what you can - if Zimmer/Spielman need to draft early round CBs to make the defense work, then it's what we should do.

Want Kinlaw, but out range, IMO (maybe a trade up, so not 100% out of the question). 
Want a 1st round CB - Gladney, AJ Terrell, J.Johnson, or Fulton (not rating in any particular order). 
Want DE Yetur Gross-Matos. 
Want an IOL in second or 3rd round. Possibly Netane Muti (2nd) or E. Cleveland (2nd) Ben Bredeson (3rd/4th). Not against OT, especially if one of top guys falls down the board. I guess I find myself thinking more about immediate needs that will also be a future starter. We need a LG. 
Do not want a receiver in 1st round. Absolutely no need! Love the thought of Kamler in the 2nd. Possibly T. Higgins. Really, lot of choices in mid-rounds. 
Want T. Muse in 5th.

Dang, forgot about R. Blacklock 3-tech. Looks like I need another 2nd lol

Edited by marshpit23
Added player