I Want.../I Don't Want...

The Gnat

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

2nd and 3rd round rookies, absolutely

Given the plug and play ability of rookie runningbacks, the team would be just fine if they let Cook walk after the season and drafted a back next year.  Drafting one with a top 100 pick this year would be a gross mismanagement of assets given the youth injection and starting caliber players this team needs and positions that are much more important.

To each their own, though.

"Gross Mismanagement" is Rick Spielman's nickname in my household.

Want: Let the draft come to them, don't trade up in the 1st round, and pick the BPA that is either an OT, WR, 3-TECH, Edge, or CB. Do the same thing at 25 except don't double down on the same position drafted at 22.

Don't want: Reach at 22 or 25 just to select a specific position. 

If needed, trade up in subsequent rounds to select a given player at a needed position. 

• Like 1

Want 

Ruggs. Ruggs is just a player that every time he has the ball you feel like he can score. Haven't had that since Harvin/Patterson. Also in a conservative offense, you need that electric player. 

Kinlaw - because of during the Zim era we haven't had a real 3tech outside of Richardson and even he never got home. This has made me realize I took Kevin Williams for granted and tired of seeing opposing QB's constantly step up.

Hamler- Same type of game-breaking ability 

Winfield Jr- This is for just the joy of seeing him in purple. He's a playmaker and his father was beloved. As much as I like Harris he is 29 

Don't want-

DE AJ he's slow and disappears for stretches  

WR in the 1st that's not the Top 3- I like Mims and Higgins but can get a similar player later ala Hamler.  

Double dip CB's or WR in the first 2 rounds 

S Delpit 

Kinlaw is my #1 draft crush right now.  I'd love to see us get him, but as others have said, he will probably go fairly early.

My #2 player is Denzel Mims.  This is a real "mixed emotions" scenario, because I know we would probably be better off going with another position of need in the first round, but I REALLY want to see him in purple.  I could try and hope for a trade up in the second round, but I just don't see him falling out of the first.  The absolute worst-case scenario would be to watch us pass on him and then see the Packers take him at #30.  Nothing that happens on draft day could be worse, IMO.

I've seen this floating around on twitter, and it's in this same vein; go back to the 2015 NFL draft and go the way you would have wanted it to go.

Drafted - Garrett Bradbury
Wanted - Garrett Bradbury

Drafted - Mike Hughes
Wanted - Austin Corbett

Drafted - Trade for Sam Bradford
Wanted - Jabrill Peppers

Drafted - Laquon Treadwell
Wanted - Robert Nkemdiche

Drafted - Trae Waynes
Wanted - Devante Parker

Drafted - Mike Hughes
Wanted - Connor Williams

Wanted - Forest Lamp

Wanted - Laquon Treadwell

Drafted - Trae Waynes
Wanted - Devante Parker

Drafted - Mike Hughes
Wanted - James Daniels

Wanted - Ryan Ramczyk 

Wanted - Michael Thomas

Drafted - Trae Waynes
Wanted - Devante Parker

There is nobody likely available (Thomas, Henderson, Kinlaw) at 22 or 25 I would pound the table for.   I would be content with a combination of OT (Jones, Jackson), DE (Chaisson, YGM) or CB Fulton, Gladney,  Terrell,  etc.).   I could be okay with one of Blacklock or Jefferson/Mims. 

Would prefer to wait on S and WR. 

Don’t believe any IOL is worth 22 or 25. LB would be a misuse  RB And TE would not be on the board. 

• Like 1

Wanted - Garrett Bradbury/Risner - Predraft. Wanted Sweat when he fell and was on the board  

Drafted - Mike Hughes
Wanted - Will Hermandez 

Wanted - Jabrill Peppers 

Wanted Jaylon Smith 

1 hour ago, battle2heaven said:

The Vikings are going to draft Ezra Cleveland round 1. Everyone should get used to it now whether you approve or not. 

Already got him pencilled in at 25 in the Zoom video mock I'm doing with a buddy this afternoon.