I Want.../I Don't Want...

The Gnat

On 4/18/2020 at 11:03 AM, RpMc said:

2nd and 3rd round rookies, absolutely

Given the plug and play ability of rookie runningbacks, the team would be just fine if they let Cook walk after the season and drafted a back next year.  Drafting one with a top 100 pick this year would be a gross mismanagement of assets given the youth injection and starting caliber players this team needs and positions that are much more important.

To each their own, though.

I don't want & we don't need another Toby Gerhart situation.  The only way I'm taking a RB outside of round 5 is if someone falls but we already have Cook & Mattison along with Boone or whoever else fills RB3 need.  Absolutely no reason to take one early

On 4/17/2020 at 5:49 PM, Purplexing said:

Don't want: Ten Pick Rick to trade back both round 1 picks to accumulate more picks.

I can't imagine that happening.  I think it's probably 70-30 that he'll trade back with one of them (with the pretty high likelihood that it'll be #22 that'll be traded for someone to get in front of the Pats to draft Love), but I don't see him trading back both of them.  

Drafted - Garrett Bradbury
Wanted - Ed Oliver

Drafted - Mike Hughes
Wanted - Lamar Jackson

Drafted - Trade for Sam Bradford
Wanted - OJ Howard

Drafted - Laquon Treadwell
Wanted - Michael Thomas

Drafted - Trae Waynes
Wanted - Marcus Peters

• Like 1

2020 Want: 

Jeudy(Most likely a trade up)

Tua(only if he falls)

Ruggs

Kinlaw

Gladney

Winfield Jr(IDK if we keep Harris or not.  Both our S are starting to get up there & Winfield could play NCB if we keep Harris)

Diggs

Becton/Wirfs

Queen

Arnette(preferably a round 2 target)

Don't Want:

Ezra Cleveland(not in 1st but this is most likely happening)

Ruiz

WANT: Don't reach. OT/OL, CB, DE in RD 1.

Non-Round Specific wants:

Antoine Winfield CB/S

Javon Kinlaw DT

Tristan Wirfs OT/OG

Andrew Thomas OT

CeeDee Lamb WR

Ezra Cleveland OT

Josh Jones OT

Mekhi Becton OT

CJ Henderson CB

Jalen Reagor WR

Robert Hunt OG

Matt Hennessy OG/C

Jalen Hurts QB

Cam Dantzler CB

Jordyn Brooks LB

Van Jefferson WR

Jabari Zuniga DE

James Lynch DT/DE

Amik Robertson CB

Tyler Johnson WR

Ben Bartch OT

JR Reed S

Michael Ojemudia CB

Kindle Vildor CB

Kalija Lipscomb WR

Benito Jones DT

Javon Leake RB/KR (My personal sleeper of choice in RD 5)

DON'T WANT:

-Any WR outside of the top 3 in the 1st round unless we trade one of our picks to a later pick in the 1st

-No trade ups in the 1st unless it is for a top 5-10 talent falling

On 4/20/2020 at 7:24 AM, swede700 said:

I can't imagine that happening.  I think it's probably 70-30 that he'll trade back with one of them (with the pretty high likelihood that it'll be #22 that'll be traded for someone to get in front of the Pats to draft Love), but I don't see him trading back both of them.  

Agree 100%. He will like the value of several guys at 22 and know he'll get one at 25 and be willing to trade back. Doubt he does it with both picks, though... I'd have to imagine that Rick will draft with a bit of a win now mentality since his job may be on the hotseat, and the most year one contribution he can get could help keep him in town.

5 minutes ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

I'd have to imagine that Rick will draft with a bit of a win now mentality since his job may be on the hotseat, and the most year one contribution he can get could help keep him in town.

I agree with this because he is undoubtable hoping to get an extension. It may already be too late for him though. Last year in the month leading up to the draft Wilf extended his contract another year. Spielman didn't get that treatment this year. The die may already have been cast with Wilf just waiting until after the draft to make the move.

In the meantime, Rick almost have to have a short-term outlook in hopes of making the team good enough this year to earn an extension before his contract expires.

Spielman has had some pretty bad drafts the last few years. As far as I am concerned Wilf would be making the right move if he lets Spielman go after the draft.

The team has nobody left from the 2016 draft. If the team doesn't extend Cook they may have nobody left from the 2017 draft after this year (yes, I am assuming the Pat Elflein isn't going to get extended). Even Cook has given the team relatively few games owing to his injuries. 2018 and 2019 is still an open book but Hughes and O'Neill look like hits and there are a few names from '19 that have a good chance. Even if their first round pick, Bradbury, doesn't improve they may come out of '19 with enough guys that earn second contracts to make the class look decent.