2020 Draft Rumors and News

MWil23

Since we are under a week to go before the big day, I thought this would be a great idea to put all rumors, stories, potential trades, etc. leading up to the draft. Sure, most of it is silly season, but we are still 2 days and 7 hours away from the MJ documentary, so what else are we going to do?

I have no idea who this guy is, but worth posting:

• Like 2

To contribute further:

Matt Miller has been saying for more than a week now that he has a leak saying NYG is going Simmons.

Now, Matt and his crew are morons about a handful of things in regards to... football in general... but they're pretty average as far as rumor sources.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

To contribute further:

Matt Miller has been saying

...BRO

4 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Now, Matt and his crew are morons about a handful of things in regards to... football in general... but they're pretty average as far as rumor sources

LOL

There, that's better!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think we will trade down with Denver or Atlanta

I really hope we don't just Sashi to Sashi. If all the blue chippers, including our targeted tackles at pick 10, are gone then I absolute want to trade down; however, if, say, Andrew Thomas is there at 10 and we trade down to Atlanta for 16 and their 2nd rounder but have to settle at 16, I don't see the value. 

tl;dr I wanna fleece somebody

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I really hope we don't just Sashi to Sashi. If all the blue chippers, including our targeted tackles at pick 10, are gone then I absolute want to trade down; however, if, say, Andrew Thomas is there at 10 and we trade down to Atlanta for 16 and their 2nd rounder but have to settle at 16, I don't see the value. 

tl;dr I wanna fleece somebody

It’s not even about fleecing. If Thomas Okudah Simmons and Brown are gone. It makes sense to trade down. IMO there is a gap between Andrew Thomas and the other tackles. So I rather trade back and get some extra picks and grab a tackle that falls. 

now say the browns trade back to 16 and Thomas Wirf Wills and Becton are all gone. Cj Henderson, Murray, Chaisson would be acceptable picks and hope to grab Jackson or Cleveland in the 2nd. Hell I would trade back up into the 1st in the very back end to grab one of the tackles just so the 5th yr option is there for the taking 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

It’s not even about fleecing. If Thomas Okudah Simmons and Brown are gone. It makes sense to trade down. IMO there is a gap between Andrew Thomas and the other tackles. So I rather trade back and get some extra picks and grab a tackle that falls. 

now say the browns trade back to 16 and Thomas Wirf Wills and Becton are all gone. Cj Henderson, Murray, Chaisson would be acceptable picks and hope to grab Jackson or Cleveland in the 2nd. Hell I would trade back up into the 1st in the very back end to grab one of the tackles just so the 5th yr option is there for the taking 

This is how I feel

17 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I believe we're pretty much saying the same thing, which synthesizes to "If all of our top targets are gone, let's trade down". 

I was just (50%) joking about fleecing in the trade-down. If our top targets are gone, I want good value and at least one extra pick (I'd prefer not to give equal amount of picks when trading down especially).

34 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well I can tell you That Okudah will definitely be gone and Thomas will most likely be gone. Simmons is a wild card. I want to say he’s too big of a risk to take that high, but teams are dumb.

If we trade back to 15 or 16 were probably taking Josh Jones (please don’t take Cleveland 😶)

33 minutes ago, buno67 said:

now say the browns trade back to 16 ..., Chaisson would be an acceptable pick

Why would you even put that thought out into the atmosphere ... Utter madness Chaisson in in the 1st, Grant Delpit in the 2nd is the dream for so many but the nightmare for others... CJ.Henderson in the 1st after trade down makes sense in terms of value. Ezra in the 2nd would be rough.

38 minutes ago, buno67 said:

now say the browns trade back to 16 ..., Chaisson would be an acceptable pick

Why would you even put that thought out into the atmosphere ? Utter madness Chaisson in the 1st, Grant Delpit in the 2nd is the dream for so many but the nightmare for others...

CJ.Henderson in the 1st after trade down makes sense in terms of value. Ezra in the 2nd would be rough.

Edited by Mind Character

8 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Well I can tell you That Okudah will definitely be gone and Thomas will most likely be gone. Simmons is a wild card. I want to say he’s too big of a risk to take that high, but teams are dumb.

If we trade back to 15 or 16 were probably taking Josh Jones (please don’t take Cleveland 😶)

I dont know about Thomas. A lot of rumors about other teams loving Becton and Wirfs. They are more in love with their combine than their game film. So there is a chance Thomas could be there. You never know with Okudah and those other guys. I know they will most likely be gone. There are 9 picks and there are 4 guys I really want. We know Burrows and Young are going to be drafted in the top 9. So we have 7 picks/teams we have to worry about. All it takes is for a team to fall in love with Becton/Wirf/Wills, one of the other QBs, and the WRs to really help the Browns out. Heck all these rumors about teams wanting to trade with the Browns to get a WR, will hopefully push someone to jump in front of the Browns to get the WR, meaning someone is falling. 

• Like 1