2020 Draft Rumors and News

MWil23

1 minute ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Better question...

When is the last time we kept an OL for his entire rookie deal?  

Bitonio I believe

Bit

schwartz

Mack 

Thomas 

Lauvao

i think they all saw their rookie contract through for us. 

Edited by buno67

7 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Better question...

When is the last time we kept an OL for his entire rookie deal?  

Probably joe Thomas, Alex Mack, bitinio. All of which played in every possible scheme you can put them in and excelled. Which is why scheme fit is overrated when drafting. These guys can adapt. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We NEED this to happen if we trade for Trent Williams. Simmons helps our pathetic LB/S spots out so much. Just can’t pigeonhole him into one those positions. He’d be our Adalius Thomas. 

If he falls. I think that’s when you see the Trent trade happen prolly

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Probably joe Thomas, Alex Mack, bitinio. All of which played in every possible scheme you can put them in and excelled. Which is why scheme fit is overrated when drafting. These guys can adapt. 

I know Bitonio was the most recent.  I was going a bit for the snark, thinking about Austin Corbett, Cam Erving, et al.  

We've spent decades with our front office taking this approach, and I am so hoping that Mr. Berry and his group can figure this thing out now.

17 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d prefer to do it now and draft the best defensive player at 10 or trade down. We have more needs on D. 

I don’t mind Trent but if Simmons or one of the other stud defenders don’t fall. I rather make sure I got Thomas or Wills.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Bitonio I believe

Bit

schwartz

Mack 

Thomas 

Lauvao

i think they all saw their rookie contract through for us. 

OK....I should have put a time frame on my question.  I know that Mack/Thomas/Schwartz were here for the duration of their first, but in recent years we've not had much luck.

19 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I hope the Bengals do take Burrow. I think Burrow will be a good QB, but I don't think he'll light the league on fire. I think Chase Young is a better prospect and will have more of an impact. Plus, I think Cincinnati's team is terrible. They'd be better off taking Young and then rolling a turd out at QB and try to get Lawrence.

Agreed. I’ve said it time and again Burrows peak is a, ironically enough, Dalton-like ceiling. He’ll be good but I’m not afraid. 

I do believe you and I were more impressed with Daniel Jones last year also. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Mock:

• 1. Cinci - Burrow
  • 2. Was - Young
  • 3. Miami - Tua
  • 4. NYG - Wirfs
  • 5. Miami - Thomas
  • 6. LAC - Herbert
  • 7. CAR - Okudah
  • 8. ARZ - WIlls
  • 9. ATL - SImmons
  • 10. CLE - DT Brown

Round 2 - Ezra Cleveland