2020 Draft Rumors and News

MWil23

13 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Why would you even put that thought out into the atmosphere ? Utter madness Chaisson in the 1st, Grant Delpit in the 2nd is the dream for so many but the nightmare for others...

CJ.Henderson in the 1st after trade down makes sense in terms of value. Ezra in the 2nd would be rough.

I dont know I was just naming off guys. after pick 10, I am not sure how the draft will really play out. I have just been focusing on lineman and the top10 guys because someone is bound to fall. So if their is a trade down, i am not sure who the target is. I think if they dont get Thomas and they trade down. I think my tackle target is Jones or Jackson tho

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I dont know I was just naming off guys. after pick 10, I am not sure how the draft will really play out. I have just been focusing on lineman and the top10 guys because someone is bound to fall. So if their is a trade down, i am not sure who the target is. I think if they dont get Thomas and they trade down. I think my tackle target is Jones or Jackson tho

How do you feel about Austin Jackson? He crosses some thresholds arm length wise and he moves well.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Since we are under a week to go before the big day, I thought this would be a great idea to put all rumors, stories, potential trades, etc. leading up to the draft. Sure, most of it is silly season, but we are still 2 days and 7 hours away from the MJ documentary, so what else are we going to do?

I have no idea who this guy is, but worth posting:

The insecure Matt Patricia trades for a bunch of 'his guys' he mccourteys, Hightower and get their 1st this year and next. Detroit gets old and New England gets young and sheds some cap. This move was first pionered by another son of Bill, Mangina. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We might have the worst LBs and safeties in the league. Simmons helps that immediately. Like Myles jacks did for Jax. 

Myles Jack is an average starter. Weird comparison. Outside linebackers don’t transcend your defense, no matter how good they are. 

And how exactly would he help our safeties? He’s a LB—100%. 

If he was there at 10, that’s one thing. Even then, only if the top 4 OTs are somehow gone. 

Simmons is good. But he isn’t special. We have a glaring hole on offense at LT. Most draft classes don’t have any stud OT’s in them. This class has 4.

OT @ 10 or bust. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We might have the worst LBs and safeties in the league. Simmons helps that immediately. Like Myles jacks did for Jax. 

If that’s the case you trade for Adams. LBs is turning into what RBs for offense. You gotta fine guys who fit your scheme. If you happen to get a stud good for you, if not, it’s no big deal. Gotta focus on secondary and DL

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

How do you feel about Austin Jackson? He crosses some thresholds arm length wise and he moves well.

The thing I like reading about him is they say he has very good Functional Athleticism. That when he plays you can see how good of an athlete he is for his position. A lot of reports say he is prolly the best zone blocking left tackle because of that Functional Athleticism. He is a guy I would take over Becton because they are similar. Both current strength is run blocking and would need to develop as pass blockers. You don’t have concerns about Jackson’s weight in the future. His sparq scores ranks him as the 3rd best athlete.  Very similar to Wirfs athletic wise

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Austin Jackson has a lot of flaws. Many more fundamental and mental flaws than the top 4. 

OT @ 10 or bust. 

Thomas or Wills. If not I’m hoping Brown Okuhad or Simmons fell. I rather trade down and take a chance with Jackson in the 2nd or trade back up into the 30/31/32 to get him. Rather take my chance on Jackson than Becton

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Thomas or Wills. If not I’m hoping Brown Okuhad or Simmons fell. I rather trade down and take a chance with Jackson in the 2nd or trade back up into the 30/31/32 to get him. Rather take my chance on Jackson than Becton

Speaking of Jackson: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001109776/article/chad-reuter-sevenround-2020-nfl-mock-draft-round-3

Doesn't qualify as a rumor, but I love the trade down scenario in this mock.

In fact, love everything about it except the WR in R-2.

Think we will need to use that pick to get Winfield.

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

No way. Jackson is softer than dog crap.